AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Managed to get my ALC882/ICH-7 audio working under Leo. Turns out that I screwed up the binary portion and used 0208ec10 instead of 8208ec10. Ah, how the simplest errors can be a pain in the ass. :blink:

Glad to know it works with leo too :compress:

what the heck

after replacing all the node id <integer>24</> with 25 i can control my headset volume with the keyboard buttons when headset is enabled!!!!!

before this, I only could control the main volume

This is weird.

I can control my headset volume (and separately the main volume) with the keyboard since v0.2 and I have the same motherboard.

I have the same problem with the front mic, though I did not try replacing the nodeid... at least, not yet!

Hi my sysem is working perfectly but i would love to have the BLUE line out as headphone out or another line out if that isnt possible so i can have speaker AND/OR headphones without changing cables (i can power of the speakers easily)

THANKS

mine is ALC 883 ICH7 worked thanks to skippy patch

Managed to get my ALC882/ICH-7 audio working under Leo. Turns out that I screwed up the binary portion and used 0208ec10 instead of 8208ec10. Ah, how the simplest errors can be a pain in the ass. :P

Ok, that's great :P

Now, what should we do to get the sound going under Leo?

I have a P5LD2 mobo so there shouldn't be much difference :D

I tested Parallels 3036 just now and it seems without AppleHDA the audio will not work there. Parallels threw an error message that it could not write to sound driver and loopback will be used (no sound). I am using AzalaiAudio at the moment.

Can someone whose ALC882 worked with Taruga test Parallels 3036 and see if it possible to use the mic and audio there. I guess that would be interested to know.

forget paralells, the soundcard is virtualised.

NeSuKun do you mean that I can use my mic and headphone to chat with my friends through Parallels ? If that's possible then I will not need to have mic in Mac anymore. Actually, I would like to voice chat with my friends in yahoo or gtalk which are still not supporting voice in Mac.

Please can someone tell me how to solve the sound card issue in Parallel. Any hint would be appreciated. :)

In regrads to Parallels, I too have had a problem with sound and I believe it is due to the Azalia kext (get the loopback error). Parallels from a previous install (build 1848) works fine though. Any latter update fails in regards to sound (loopback error) . However, I tried Prallels on another machine with AppleHDA.kext (for ALC880) and sound works fine.

Another issue: In regards to the AppleHDA.kext for ALC882, I am running Darwin Kernal 8.4.1 which is modified for 945MB (restart mod). Was installed from JAS 10.4.6 install disc. What is Kernel 8.8.1?

Here is the kexts that worked for Aberracus... If more people report success with this, maybe NeoPheus can make a installer?

Works only for ALC883 with ICH-7

I'm going to make a website this weekend to host all these files in one place. Once we have kexts for multiple sound chips that work on multiple mobo's maybe I can figure out how to join them to one kext? Please keep testing and reporting.... Thanks again.

Skippy

The AppleHDAControler.kext in this file is giving dependency errors. It's version 19 while the one I extracted from the 10.4.8 update with Pacifist is version 24 or 25. Neither version gives me working sound. Perhaps someone can walk me through setting up ALCinject for ALC883 ICH-7M on IRC?

-ass

Another issue: In regards to the AppleHDA.kext for ALC882, I am running Darwin Kernal 8.4.1 which is modified for 945MB (restart mod). Was installed from JAS 10.4.6 install disc. What is Kernel 8.8.1?

Kernel 8.4.1 is hacked kernel from 10.4.4 that every OSX installation has been running. A few people hacked the 10.4.8 kernel (8.8.1) and allows enhanced features. It currently only runs on Intel SSE3 and AMD SSE3 only.

I could only get the AppleHDA.kext hack for ALC882 running on new kernel 8.8.1. On old kernel 8.4.1 it would crash.

I saw a few people got AC3 to work with their ALC8xx. Line- an mic in, aswel as spdif out are working here, but there's no AC3. Not in div-x movies and not in DVD's. How do I get this workin'? I tried a few codecs. One of them made the Dolby Digital 5.1 led blinking, instead of steady lighten up an made OSX hang. Any suggestions?

ALC883 for ICH6, ICH7 or ICH8. This one is completely untested, if you try please find me on IRC or post here if this kext even loads. As usual I can make no promises, this may make your system unstable!

ALC888 users: many people have gotten sound working with my kext for VIA chipsets and some for ICH8 but no reports of ICH7 working yet. If you have ICH7 with ALC888 working please let me know and post codec dump if possible.

Thank you again to everyone who has been helping me work on these. It is only a matter of time before we can support all ALC's and NeoPheus has volunteered to make an installer for the final product.

<KEXT REMOVED>

Edited by skippyretard

I have mate. The devices show up in sound preferences, but no output. I think it has something to do with the board not having an ICH7 south bridge, but an ICH7M one, so the nodes might be different.

yea, i guess you are right.. i have the same mobo N4L-VM and i've tried everything as well.. it seems there is some tiny difference between 882 and 882M.. but i cant figure out what it is.. ;(

anyone... bueller... anyone...?

ALC883 for ICH6, ICH7 or ICH8. This one is completely untested, if you try please find me on IRC or post here if this kext even loads. As usual I can make no promises, this may make your system unstable!

ALC888 users: many people have gotten sound working with my kext for VIA chipsets and some for ICH8 but no reports of ICH7 working yet. If you have ICH7 with ALC888 working please let me know and post codec dump if possible.

Thank you again to everyone who has been helping me work on these. It is only a matter of time before we can support all ALC's and NeoPheus has volunteered to make an installer for the final product.

report:

This 883 driver doesn't work on my Gigabyte 965P-S3 (ICH8-ALC883)! and the kexts even not loaded.

its strange, when i tried skippy modification for anothr output jack in blue jack, the kext stopped from loading, one would think it will simply map wrong the jacks, but it ust plainly doesnt load, so im thinking/... the problem could be another thing, soething we are doing wrong...