AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Just tried AppleHDA_v0.2a.mpkg.zip on my Abit AW9D and I get Line-out, Line-out optical and Headphones as output and Mic, Unknown and some more that I can't remember as input. Seems to work nice but have no digital equipment to test with.

Will try the multi-speaker-config-thing later and report back.

Just tried AppleHDA_v0.2a.mpkg.zip on my Abit AW9D and I get Line-out, Line-out optical and Headphones as output and Mic, Unknown and some more that I can't remember as input. Seems to work nice but have no digital equipment to test with.

Will try the multi-speaker-config-thing later and report back.

Helps to tell what audio hardware you have so developers can keep track - too many people here to remember configs of all of you:

I'm on an Abit AB9 Pro which uses an ALC882D

great detective work Rammjet.... as usual

system configuration in signature too is allways helpfull.

Thanks. I want this effort to succeed even though I don't personally have that great a need for multichannel sound at the moment.

BTW Taruga, Skippy... What ALC is Apple using in their systems?

When I first looked at the new 10.4.8 AppleHDA.kext, I got the impression they used Sigmatel 9220 by all of the vendor/device references to it in the plist.

Apple uses STAC9221 A1 in Macbook Pro and I think ALC885 in Mac Pro, the others I'm not sure about. If anyone can send me a codec dump from a Mac Pro it would greatly help this project.

Sigmatel 9223 / ALC883 Combo Beta2 for ICH6, ICH7, ICH8

9223 Fixes:

Should fix mislabeled ports in Preferences>Sound

Added boost to Mic input

ALC883 Fixes:

Added proper black and orange ports

<KEXT REMOVED>

Edited by skippyretard

In the AppleHDA.kext -> Contents/Info.plist:

2206496386 (dec) = 0x83847682 = Sigmatel 9221

2206496384 (dec) = 0x83847680 = Sigmatel 9220

In AppleHDA.kext -> Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

283904133 (dec) = 0x10EC0885 = Realtek 885

-2088470912 (dec) = 0xFFFFFFFF83847680 = Sigmatel 9220

Edit: for illustrative purposes only, these are what Apple put in the files.

Just a small suggestion for the kind people who make installers:

Is it possible to make it so that the edited AppleAzalia patch is removed on the machines where it is installed?

This way the driver would install just fine both on freshly OSXized machines and machines with edited AppleAzalia kext...

Being a nubtard on kect programming I don't know if it is possible at all, so I apologise in advance if I said something silly. :)

Just a small suggestion for the kind people who make installers:

Is it possible to make it so that the edited AppleAzalia patch is removed on the machines where it is installed?

This way the driver would install just fine both on freshly OSXized machines and machines with edited AppleAzalia kext...

Being a nubtard on kect programming I don't know if it is possible at all, so I apologise in advance if I said something silly. :)

Yes it is possible! I wrote a script for this but it only will be included in the final version for this!

So if all codecs are supported it will be easier! :)

Yes it is possible! I wrote a script for this but it only will be included in the final version for this!

So if all codecs are supported it will be easier! :)

Would seem as simple as dropping a postflight and postupgrade script in the installer Resources folder with the correct "rm" command in them. Can even be done after the package is built - just drop them in.

hi!

i am using a VIA VT8237A/8251 High Definition Audio Controller

on jas 10.4.8 with semthex

Mainboard MSI MS-7318, VIA P4M890

realtek high def

VEN 10EC

DEV 0888

uaa bus driver

VEN 1106

DEV 3288

i used AppleHDA_v0.2a.mpkg.zip as described in the installer. after installing i patched the binary with sudo /alcpatch.sh 08 88

but: it doesnt work!

ther is NO AppleAzaliaAudio.kext in my extensions folder

anybody an idea!

thanx!

triofour

Skippy:

Installed the new kext that you post, but no success with this one. This time, the kext loads, but no input or output is available. The best kext until now is that you sent to me yesterday through IRC. Im currently using it.

davidovi:

Try this one in the attach that Skippy sent to me. Output works fine for my 9223, may be work for you too.

SigmatelBeta.zip

In the AppleHDA.kext -> Contents/Info.plist:

2206496386 (dec) = 0x83847682 = Sigmatel 9221

In AppleHDA.kext -> Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

283904133 (dec) = 0x10EC0885 = Realtek 885

-2088470912 (dec) = 0xFFFFFFFF83847680 = Sigmatel 9220

What files/fields in alcinject.kext/AppleHDA.kext

i should edit to get my sound working ?

( 283904136 (dec) = 0x10EC0888 = ALC 888 )

thx

ALC883 Release Canidate 1

This kext has all six analog ports and both digital ports working with correct labeling in Preferences>Sound and possibly correct info under System Profiler>Audio(Built-In) depending on mobo. I had to drop support for VIA chipset because of limitations of ALCinject.kext. I am working on a solution to the problem. Untill then if I get good reports on this kext I will make another ALCinject just for VIA. Enjoy...

*EDIT* Added STAC9223/ALC883 Combo Beta2 in post #385 (had to remove VIA support for same reason) This combo does not include all the updates that are in ALC883RC1

<KEXT REMOVED>

Edited by skippyretard

What files/fields in alcinject.kext/AppleHDA.kext

i should edit to get my sound working ?

( 283904136 (dec) = 0x10EC0888 = ALC 888 )

ALCInjext and AppleHDA in the v0.2 pkg already have your numbers. There are other bugs.

I was just illustrating what numbers Apple included in the files.

This kext has all six analog ports and both digital ports working with correct labeling in Preferences>Sound and possibly correct info under System Profiler>Audio(Built-In) depending on mobo. I had to drop support for VIA chipset because of limitations of ALCinject.kext. I am working on a solution to the problem. Untill then if I get good reports on this kext I will make another ALCinject just for VIA. Enjoy...

*EDIT* Added STAC9223/ALC883 Combo Beta2 in post #385 (had to remove VIA support for same reason) This combo does not include all the updates that are in ALC883RC1

Can i get this driver working on my ALC888, or this one for ALC883 only?

ALCInjext and AppleHDA in the v0.2 pkg already have your numbers. There are other bugs.

I was just illustrating what numbers Apple included in the files.

Thanks

Rammjet: Yes quite perceptive, but a few days ago I was using an AB9 Pro which I now have exchanged for an AW9D-Max and I have only tested it on the later (didn't have time before I sent the other one off).

Anyways the AW9D uses ALC882M if I'm not mistaken (and ICH7R/i975X).

I get:

Out:

Line-out, line-out digital and headphones.

In:

Line-in, in-built microphone and "unknown"

when looking in "System settings / Sound".

Looking in "Midi/Sound" I do get:

Out:

Inbuilt line-out, Inbuilt line-out digital, Inbuilt headphones

In:

Inbuilt microphone, inbuilt line-in, inbuilt in

For all the out-ports I can choose "configure speakers" and can choose stereo or multispeaker config. If I choose multi-speaker the only one that is selectable in the drop-down box is stereo. In both cases I only get two speakers.

Ohh yeah, and I do get sound and my volume controls work.

Hmmmm..it's weird..this alc883rc1 doesn't work on Gigabyte DS3 with alc883 chip.

Alc883alpha2 worked for ds3, though.