AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

I will try that Rammjet, the problem is the error in the plist shouldnt be causing the kext not to load, the only supuest difference is int the output definition...

But it does stop it from loading. That is why I added the chown command to the ALC8xx guide. Disk Utility does an inadequate job of repairing permissions in the kexts. The kextload command will give the error that there is a permissions/ownership error and won't load the kext. Chowning the kext, fixes the owner/group on the Info.plist and then kextload will work.

Not saying this is your problem, but a potential problem.

Another ALC883 Alpha

Great! This version works!

Mobo: Gigabyte 965P-S3

South-Bridge: ICH8

Codec: ALC883

OSX: Jas 10.4.8 reseed

Kernel: Semthex 8.8.1 beta8

Now 2 channel stereo output works fine, but in System Preferences, no mic-in shown, only show me a device called "headphone port" :D

Cause I got no microphone yet, so the "headphone port" not test yet :blink:

Anyway, thanks a lot!

post-26976-1165320830_thumb.gif

bump :)

<key>NodeID</key>
									<integer>7</integer>
									<key>ProcessingState</key>
									<true/>
								</dict>
								<dict>
									<key>NodeID</key>
									<integer>36</integer>
								</dict>
								<dict>
									<key>Boost</key>
									<integer>3</integer>
									<key>NodeID</key>
									<integer>24</integer>	   <<<<< Change this one to 25
									<key>VREF</key>
									<integer>80</integer>
								</dict>

NodeID 24 is Back Mic, change it to 25 (Front Mic)

Another ALC883 Alpha

I'm so sad, I can patch all files to ALC883 types, but I still have no sound even with the skippyretard kext files.

Made always a chmod and chown to system environment conditions and it has still no effect. Killed AppleAzaliaAudio.kext for sure. ALCinject.kext loads fine, but no IO device in audio device manager.

I'm using ALC883 on IHC7 chipset. Look at my footer for mobo infos. Can anybody help to find out what is wrong?

kextstat.txt

ioreg.txt

AppleHDA Sound Fix v0.2a / alc882 / ich7 / p5wd2 prem

has a jitter noise from line-out if IN/OUT quantisation frequency not match (imho, wrong or none resampling).

for example: setup is - 44.1/16 IN --> 96/24 OUT

this noise not recordable (imho, noise appear in output chain, wrong or none resampling).

has 100% jitter from mic-in (file).

has "drag window" noise.

has unknown input (picture).

disabled "thru" option in audio/midi setup.

possible has inaccuracy sample start/end position (spin doctor crash after recording --> playing, not after clean start and playing) (report).

wave out plays/works perfect with any quantisation (itunes play)

update: has sound from line-in (great progress!), but strange artifacts/bugs -->

if IN plays through OUT (spin doctor option "play through speakers") sound is distorted and digitalised (like wrong interpolation), but if sound is recorded it's a crystall clear. this behavior is unstable, sometimes occurs, some times not. IN/OUT setup is the same of course (96,48,44,1/16,20,24 IN --> same/same OUT, if IN/OUT setup not match, has described above problems).

line-in volume control has no affect.

post-15008-1165344500_thumb.png

mic_in.mp3

crash_report.txt

I'm so sad, I can patch all files to ALC883 types, but I still have no sound even with the skippyretard kext files.

Made always a chmod and chown to system environment conditions and it has still no effect. Killed AppleAzaliaAudio.kext for sure. ALCinject.kext loads fine, but no IO device in audio device manager.

I'm using ALC883 on IHC7 chipset. Look at my footer for mobo infos. Can anybody help to find out what is wrong?

Are you sure your board is alc883 ?

At least ioreg dump shows "IOHDACodecVendorID" = 283904128 - 0x10ec0880 = alc880

Something wrong.....

ALC883Alpha3, ok my findings, as Kaspers mic is gone for some headphones port.. gona try taruga modification.

i have a problem with all kexts, one of the stereo channels isn working, it was working some days ago.. (im sure). And with azalia it ddint worked, one thing of interest is i have moved the computer to other room before trying fisrt skippy alc kext.... and i have moved it back, so it can be something is happening when i move the computer? tried with the same headphones to be sure. its not a configuration issue i have been testing with midi setup.. anyone any idea?

Thanks

BTW taruga, how do we turn blue jack (usually line in) in another line out?

skippy tried to help me but his modification just dissapeared the blue jack.

im in alc883 ich7

Great! This version works!

Mobo: Gigabyte 965P-S3

South-Bridge: ICH8

Codec: ALC883

OSX: Jas 10.4.8 reseed

Kernel: Semthex 8.8.1 beta8

Now 2 channel stereo output works fine, but in System Preferences, no mic-in shown, only show me a device called "headphone port" :D

Cause I got no microphone yet, so the "headphone port" not test yet ;)

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Ok, can you outline all the steps you did to get this? I have the GA-965P-DS3 and I can't get it to work at all...

Thanks,

SABR.

I'm using ALC882 Sound Fix v0.4b and it works great through spdif to my digital speakers. The only problem I have is GarageBand, it shows different outputs but whatever I choose, it goes back to built-in line out. Are there any fixes/ workarounds for this? Anyone else have a similar problem?

Andy

Are you sure your board is alc883 ?

At least ioreg dump shows "IOHDACodecVendorID" = 283904128 - 0x10ec0880 = alc880

Something wrong.....

Thanks a lot, I will check this by booting linux and have a final look.....

I always patched 0x10ec0883 to the Info.plist of the old AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to get a lest sound out.

So I wonder about the ioreg, that would mean that I never patched the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext correct.

I will do this step by step manually. And I'm sure to have IHC7 and ALC883.

Hey thanks for the patch.

My ALC882 on my GI-8I945P-pro works beautifully

In Sound shows Line-out, Headphones, Digital,

Mic, and Line-In.

Only problem I have is that I don't actually have a front Headphone jack and was wondering if there were anyway to change the front Headphone jack into a rear Line-out or fake rear headphone on a different color jack.

Thanks again