macOS High Sierra - Final Release is out! (17A365)

Allan
426 posts in this topic

Was fairly straight forward on my desktop. Fresh USB install using Sierra EFI partition as boot, removed EmuVariableUefi from EFI, booted installer, installed and then installed web driver, before rebooting I applied ADGP fix restored EmuVariableUefi to EFI. Reboot.....success full graphics support. High Sierra is a beauty.

I have since reverted back to original AppleGraphicsPolicy.kext but I added in NVWebDriverLibValFix. Pictures in web driver thread.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Still no luck on my end, I have two beautiful black screens :D

Although I didn't have any problem using the EmuVariableUefi.efi during the installation.

Guys, if you still are on a beta or GM build, do not bother with creating a new usb installer with createinstallmedia, use startosinstall instead. :yes:

It will start HSierra install and will save you time and stress. :P;)

my HDD is in HFS! ;)

Have tried it under 10.11.6, startosinstall will really save time to create /macOS Install Data/, and is the same as usb installer from createinstallmedia.

If you already have a macOS, startosinstall is really better than createinstallmedia. (only for GPT, not MBR)

$ /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall ?
Usage: startosinstall --volume <target volume path>

Arguments
--applicationpath, a path to copy of the OS installer application to start the install with.
--license, prints the user license agreement only.
--agreetolicense, agree to license the license you printed with --license.
--rebootdelay, how long to delay the reboot at the end of preparing. This delay is in seconds and has a maximum of 300 (5 minutes).
--pidtosignal, Specify a PID to which to send SIGUSR1 upon completion of the prepare phase. To bypass "rebootdelay" send SIGUSR1 back to startosinstall.
--converttoapfs, specify either YES or NO on if you wish to convert to APFS.
--installpackage, the path of a package to install after the OS installation is complete; this option can be specified multiple times.
--usage, prints this message.
--volume, path to the target volume.

Example: startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Target --converttoapfs YES 
  • Like 2

Was fairly straight forward on my desktop. Fresh USB install using Sierra EFI partition as boot, removed EmuVariableUefi from EFI, booted installer, installed and then installed web driver, before rebooting I applied ADGP fix restored EmuVariableUefi to EFI. Reboot.....success full graphics support. High Sierra is a beauty.

I have since reverted back to original AppleGraphicsPolicy.kext but I added in NVWebDriverLibValFix. Pictures in web driver thread.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did you perform a clean install or you also upgraded Sierra to High Sierra?

Hi guys,

trackpad pref pane is missing again , was working with GM candidate,

reinstalled vodoops2 controller again , repaired permission, still no go.

Has it got something to do with latest clover.?

fresh install but nothing else changed ,

please help

I upgraded my macmini to High Sierra yesterday via the App Store. Besides the fact that it runs slow as isht now it did not change the File System to APFS!

APFS auto conversion only happens on SSD and PCIe flash storages. Mechanical hard disk won’t convert automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can we do an upgrade (i have Sierra right now) from app store, or it have to be a clean install

is there any guide to do and upgrade or a clean install for high sierra

Thanks,

Of course you can upgrade your sierra to high sierra just run the installer app and upgrade your existing os to a new one

Hi guys,

trackpad pref pane is missing again , was working with GM candidate,

reinstalled vodoops2 controller again , repaired permission, still no go.

Has it got something to do with latest clover.?

fresh install but nothing else changed ,

please help

Got the same issue. As a temporarily fix I took the Trackpad.prefpane from Sierra.

post-1502423-0-79916000-1506521673_thumb.png

Of course you can upgrade your sierra to high sierra just run the installer app and upgrade your existing os to a new one

I did a straight upgrade but I could not see my SDD drive anymore because of the APFS. the only way I got back to my drive was with windows because disk utility could not do it so now I'm back with Sierra again do I need to do anything before the straight upgrade from my Sierra Installation

thanks

I did a straight upgrade but I could not see my SDD drive anymore because of the APFS. the only way I got back to my drive was with windows because disk utility could not do it so now I'm back with Sierra again do I need to do anything before the straight upgrade from my Sierra Installation

thanks

All you need to do is to add apfs.efi to your clover folder inside Drivers64UEFI

Have tried it under 10.11.6, startosinstall will really save time to create /macOS Install Data/, and is the same as usb installer from createinstallmedia.

If you already have a macOS, startosinstall is really better than createinstallmedia. (only for GPT, not MBR)

$ /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall ?
Usage: startosinstall --volume <target volume path>

Arguments
--applicationpath, a path to copy of the OS installer application to start the install with.
--license, prints the user license agreement only.
--agreetolicense, agree to license the license you printed with --license.
--rebootdelay, how long to delay the reboot at the end of preparing. This delay is in seconds and has a maximum of 300 (5 minutes).
--pidtosignal, Specify a PID to which to send SIGUSR1 upon completion of the prepare phase. To bypass "rebootdelay" send SIGUSR1 back to startosinstall.
--converttoapfs, specify either YES or NO on if you wish to convert to APFS.
--installpackage, the path of a package to install after the OS installation is complete; this option can be specified multiple times.
--usage, prints this message.
--volume, path to the target volume.

Example: startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Target --converttoapfs YES 

Interesting method  :)  But migrate (Time machine or else) seems to be impossible? Right or not?

• Like 1

Well, I realize that I'm not be able to pass this by myself:

post-337713-0-45672000-1506553007_thumb.jpg

I tried:
• Clover r4220;
• put firmwarefeatures on currently smbios (imac12,1 or 14,2);
• boot with HD3000 (instead gt610);
• CLOVERX64-High.efi inside drivers64UEFI (clover freezes before gui)
• create install media manual and automatized;

I noticed that others also have this problem:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2436372
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2436993
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2437148
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2437172

But, appears that in my case the message is a little different.

I've system worked fine until 10.12.6, but nothing on 10.13.

What is missing? :cry:

EFI 10.13.zip

Well, I realize that I'm not be able to pass this by myself:

attachicon.gifIMG_20170927_185919641.jpg

I tried:

• Clover r4220;

• put firmwarefeatures on currently smbios (imac12,1 or 14,2);

• boot with HD3000 (instead gt610);

• CLOVERX64-High.efi inside drivers64UEFI (clover freezes before gui)

• create install media manual and automatized;

I noticed that others also have this problem:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2436372

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2436993

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2437148

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2437172

But, appears that in my case the message is a little different.

I've system worked fine until 10.12.6, but nothing on 10.13.

What is missing? :cry:

You can try the EFI attaching

EFI.zip

• Like 1

Interesting method  :)  But migrate (Time machine or else) seems to be impossible? Right or not?

@Matgen84,

Running startosinstall is basically the same as directly running "Install macOS High Sierra.app" but with the option to choose APFS or not.  The same data structure "macOS Install Data" is written to the target drive...

post-846696-0-33915700-1506558332_thumb.png

so an upgrade install of an existing HFS+ installation on SSD is possible, without conversion to APFS eg

fusion71aus-iMac:~ fusion71au$ /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/macSSD --converttoapfs NO --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

where "macSSD" is the target for upgrade, and "Install macOS High Sierra.app" is in the /Applications folder.

Fusion, just to confirm, with or without the "--converttoapfs NO" parameter, if you're on a HFS+ formatted HDD, it won't get converted to APFS anyway, simply because it's an HDD, right?

Yes, the default behavior for HDD upgrade, if parameter not specified, is to keep existing HFS+ (same as for directly running the app - see post#60).

• Like 4

@Matgen84,

Running startosinstall is basically the same as directly running "Install macOS High Sierra.app" but with the option to choose APFS or not.  The same data structure "macOS Install Data" is written to the target drive...

so an upgrade install of an existing HFS+ installation on SSD is possible, without conversion to APFS eg

fusion71aus-iMac:~ fusion71au$ /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/macSSD --converttoapfs NO --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

where "macSSD" is the target for upgrade, and "Install macOS High Sierra.app" is in the /Applications folder.

Fusion, just to confirm, with or without the "--converttoapfs NO" parameter, if you're on a HFS+ formatted HDD, it won't get converted to APFS anyway, simply because it's an HDD, right?

Yes that's correct only SSDs and PCIe Flash Storages will be converted to APFS automatically, although last night I replaced a MacBook Pro's HDD with SSD (non-Apple SSD) and installed the High Sierra but I had to format the SSD to APFS manually. No automatic conversion  :blink:

• Like 1

Hi, I have two questions. Is Enable trim required for SSD? Is RC Scripts Necessary? I have UEFI boot. Thank you

Having trim enable will increase the performance and longevity of you SSD over time. It's better to have it enabled if possible. RC Scripts are not necessary unless you need them (In case of having trouble activating the nVidia Web Driver) you can easily use EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi and if that failed to make the web driver active you might need to use RS Scripts. Of course there are other use for RC Scripts which you can find out in clover discussion thread.

• Like 1