Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for JAS 10.4.8

622 posts in this topic

Well kinda mest up my system yesterday installing way to mutch sata ach drivers to get the jmicron working any way now my PATA ide drive runs like a turtle i can go get a cup of coffie and drink it and still the systeem is not fully booted. i tryed reinstalling the ich7r driver even used bike dudes880 file but both well did not help my system ;(

So as a last resort before i start reinstalling my system can some one link me there :

AppleVIAATA.kext

AppleAHCIPort.kext

after i fixed this im going back to my sleepmode work. i found some instresting info on how to make dell laptops work with sleepmode so i kinda going to try using that info on the asus p5w system.

Well kinda mest up my system yesterday installing way to mutch sata ach drivers to get the jmicron working any way now my PATA ide drive runs like a turtle i can go get a cup of coffie and drink it and still the systeem is not fully booted. i tryed reinstalling the ich7r driver even used bike dudes880 file but both well did not help my system ;(

So as a last resort before i start reinstalling my system can some one link me there :

AppleVIAATA.kext

AppleAHCIPort.kext

after i fixed this im going back to my sleepmode work. i found some instresting info on how to make dell laptops work with sleepmode so i kinda going to try using that info on the asus p5w system.

. . from which Leo builds & versions?

Ty but hmm i stillhave the same problem.. :angel:

i tryed to update to 10.4.10 but the system became unstable and crashed during upgrading i pulled all my data from the disk and think ill just re installed the system with uphuck 10.4.9 and upgrade to 10.4.10. via kaspers guide but ill do that tomorrow 1st have to buy my self a new dlan set old dlan died to day as well :)

. . onemanstrash - Hi - now have 4x SATA HDDs running off the ICH7R [remove all jumpers affecting the 'EZ-Backup thingie; then its first channel = the ICH7 4th channel].

Thanks for the info! Could you please explain in more detail what you mean about the jumpers. I am a pc n00b. I only use mac and the p5w is my first pc so I don't know anything about where the jumpers even are. I could do some research on my own but I would really appreciate any info you have pointing me in the right direction. Where is the easy back up thingie?

Thanks

Thanks for the info! Could you please explain in more detail what you mean about the jumpers. I am a pc n00b. I only use mac and the p5w is my first pc so I don't know anything about where the jumpers even are. I could do some research on my own but I would really appreciate any info you have pointing me in the right direction. Where is the easy back up thingie?

Thanks

. . the jumpers are pictured & described [briefly] in the manual; this thread from the Asus forums contain some useful firsthand tips.

(my emphasis) . . does the jmicron-attached device hotplug? . . & is the performance OK?

no - no hotplug. can´t check the speed because it is an ntfs partition.can´t write, but read and copy from it. I use it as backup disc with acronis for my raids and some more files.

for reading/copying a 5gb file to the osx desktop it took around 4 minutes.

unfortunately I don´t have a spare s-ata disc to format it with hfs :(

Hi everyone!

I've listed all the forum, but don't found the answer on my question:

Does it possible to install OSx86 on P5W DH Deluxe on RAID 0 stripped on ICH7? I've got two SATA Seagate drives in RAID 0 on Intel ICH7, the disk utility shows these drives as a separate disks, but not as a solid stripped RAID 0. Could it be somehow fixed? It is not possible for me to separate the drives, cause all the data on raid will be lost.

:censored2: I've bin bussy with my dell machine the nightmairs i have now :wacko: I sould have never started with a Dell!

lol. had some mouse cursor troube seems to be intel 950 grahpics related . bin trying to fix that and well you gest it my dell wound start up as well. lol

seems and has trouble installing tiger. do got a external drive bin slowly backing up data ( the import funtion on tiger realy :censored2: )

so im manualy installing new software and replacing the libs with my old libs . i cinda wish i had areal mac now :P

any way i got my self a spare sata disk ;) im using it to boot leopard externaly (usb) and it works great.

i ruinen my tiger installation and im trying to get all teh data of the drive safely. befor i install a new clean installation of 10.4.9

think the dell is going to work perfectly to day. after that its asus time again! And think the sleep mode will work.

I soved the vid problems it works now think there is a bug when waking from sleep both cores have to be activated think there is a problem with stepping

think we have to tell the kernel what the FSB speed is. any way thats the way with some laptops.

@gar only software raid works. ehm i think? help me out guys

the EZ-backup raid works. no solution with ich7.a quite expensive solution would be a pci-e highpoint controller. I´m booting with 2 WD 36gb raptors raid 0 on ez-backup with good speed - but my software raid with to WD 250 gb discs is flying :D

. . yes, the Sil3132 has full OSX [inc 10.5] support. The 1x PCIe host I use is this one . . it was cheap & works fine - hotplugs OK - I use it for a Time Machine HDD.

unfortunately I can´t find this brand (lymon) in europe :(

the only sil3132 card I found was the Dawicontrol DC-300e - is your lymon bootable? could you post a xbench (only disc) of it?

Well thank you everyone for you support. I just installed my brand new seagate sata 2 500 gig and I didn't have to do anything. It was read by the tiger os on the first boot. All I did was partition it in disk utitility for leopard and storage. I used an available black port for my sata. Has anyone been able to use the orange ports on the p5w?

Thanks

unfortunately I can´t find this brand (lymon) in europe :(

the only sil3132 card I found was the Dawicontrol DC-300e - is your lymon bootable? could you post a xbench (only disc) of it?

. . . a UK supplier. It is probably bootable [haven't checked: HDD is GUID & for Time Machine] . . certainly pops up at POST w/ its attached device, which also shows in the P5WDH boot choices.

Well thank you everyone for you support. I just installed my brand new seagate sata 2 500 gig and I didn't have to do anything. It was read by the tiger os on the first boot. All I did was partition it in disk utitility for leopard and storage. I used an available black port for my sata. Has anyone been able to use the orange ports on the p5w?

Thanks

yes - the orange ports are the EZ-Backup connections. you have to configure it with the jumper.

I need some help from you guys, since I don't understand three quarters of the MAC jargon.

I'm having that dreaded "waiting for root device" problem. and I have been unable to find a solution to it so far. The DVD install went fine, but I' just can't boot into Tiger at the moment. Its so annoying since I'm a newb at mac, so I don't really know where to start troubleshooting.

I've been following this guide: http://www.anyizhu.com/mediawiki/index.php...tallationGuides

My system:

Intel C2D E6700 overclocked

Asus P5W DH Deluxe (obviously. IDE set to compatible)

Asus EN8800GTS 320mb graphics card

2 x 1GB DDR800 Transcend Ram

WD 320GB SATA (Windows and Acronis installed on this HD. Hooked up to the normal black SATA ports)

WD 500GB SATA (hooked up to jmicron. OSX volume on this HD)

2 LG SATA DVD drives (hooked up to black SATA ports)

I've attached a screen shot as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait till this works.

Screenshot:

img9399hx0.th.jpg

EDIT: I'm using the JAS 10.4.8 ISO, the one stated in the guide

I need some help from you guys, since I don't understand three quarters of the MAC jargon.

I'm having that dreaded "waiting for root device" problem. and I have been unable to find a solution to it so far. The DVD install went fine, but I' just can't boot into Tiger at the moment. Its so annoying since I'm a newb at mac, so I don't really know where to start troubleshooting.

I've been following this guide: http://www.anyizhu.com/mediawiki/index.php...tallationGuides

My system:

Intel C2D E6700 overclocked

Asus P5W DH Deluxe (obviously. IDE set to compatible)

Asus EN8800GTS 320mb graphics card

2 x 1GB DDR800 Transcend Ram

WD 320GB SATA (Windows and Acronis installed on this HD. Hooked up to the normal black SATA ports)

WD 500GB SATA (hooked up to jmicron. OSX volume on this HD)

2 LG SATA DVD drives (hooked up to black SATA ports)

I've attached a screen shot as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait till this works.

Screenshot:

img9399hx0.th.jpg

EDIT: I'm using the JAS 10.4.8 ISO, the one stated in the guide

the two s-ata dvds could cause the problem - unplug both and try ;-)