WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,503 posts in this topic

Possibly help with LCD Brightness on Asus G750JX Laptop everything working fine in Mojave now broken in Catalina.  The Apple Display Animation Increment/decrement is working fine just no change in brightness.   I posted this in the Beta Catalina thread but no one was able to help just comment that AppleBacklightFixup.kext was depreciated and now taken over by WEG and that it was meant to work for Intel only.  Since my Asus has Intel built in GFX disabled by Asus by default I have been able to have LCD brightness work on my Dedicated and Natively supported Nvidia GTX770m, since MacOS Yosemite and all the way up to and including Mojave.   Is there some boot option needed to re-enable LCD brightness in Catalina?   I have included files to see if we can figure out where the issue may be.

Thanks!

Edited:

Sorry forgot to mention that I need AppleBacklightFixup.kext in Mojave to make LCD brightness work even with WEG.  So it sounds like the issue is with AppleBAcklightFixup.kext not compatible with MacOS Catalina.  If WEG has taken over the other brightness fix kexts and injectors is there a way to incorporate it for Nvidia Natively supported GFX cards so we can get LCD brightness back in MacOS Catalina?

Edited the last time:

Problem solved sorry about all the noise above.   It won't work in MacOS beta software so there is a bootflag to make it work '-applbklbeta'.  But for the future just want to make sure the Nvidia Laptops that depend on this for backlight will still be supported maybe future releases in WEG without ABF?

Edited Again 10-4-2019

Added Send me files for working backlight with AppleBAcklightFIxup if it helps to figure out how to get this to work without tha kext?

Send me osxfr33ks-MBP.zip

Send me osxfr33ks-MBP._working_Backlight_with_Fxiup_Kext.zip

Edited by oSxFr33k

On 9/22/2019 at 1:37 PM, TheBloke said:

Some updates:

I have got my Vega 64 almost fully working in my second Hack, the H77.  From boot, I get a picture on all ports, both DP and HDMI, with no need to sleep.

The solution? So simple: Set CSM to Disabled in BIOS.   So @bobpedro if your UEFI motherboard has the option to set CSM to Disable, try this; you may find it solves your problems.

This also confirms my earlier belief that these problems are UEFI related, and tells me that there is very likely no solution for legacy motherboards, or UEFI boards without CSM control.

Unfortunately, my Vega 64 is still not fully functional in the H77.  Using HW h264 encode will lead to GPU hangs/display freezes.  Exact timing is variable, but in certain tests it is 100% repeatable. 

I was able to export a 10 minute Premiere Pro project, which took about 25 minutes to export (it has lots of After Effects sections) and exported successfully; something I was never able to do before using HW accelerated encode.  However I then tried using a screen recording app (Screenflick) to record 1920x1080 at 60 FPS, and the GPU would always hang after 2 - 5 minutes of recording.   I've tested in Windows 10 on the same system, and there are no hangs there, so I do not believe there is any hardware issue with the card.

I've tested HW h264 encode both using the iMacPro 1.1 SMBIOS, and also using my standard iMac 14.2 SMBIOS with "shikigva=96 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94" boot arguments, to simulate the iMacPro.    The former gives me h264 and h265 encode and decode.  The latter gives me h264 encode/decode, but no h265 encode (might have h265 decode, not checked that.)    But both methods result in GPU hangs/freezes after some time using the h264 encode, which is a big shame.

When the GPU hangs during h264 encode, I get the following series of errors, and all displays freeze.  I can still SSH in and run commands, but shutdown -r now does not work; the only solution is a hardware reset or shutdown.

kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelFenceMachine::fence_timeout(IOTimerEventSource *): AMDRadeonAccelerator prodding blockFenceInterrupt
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelFenceMachine::fence_timeout(IOTimerEventSource *): AMDRadeonAccelerator prodding blockFenceInterrupt
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) AMDRadeonAccelerator: IOAccelDisplayPipeTransaction time out after 300ms. framebufferIndex=5
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2)     framebufferIndex=5, wsaa=17
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2)     eventInterruptEnabled=0, transactionInterruptEnabled=1, vblInterruptEnabled=0
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2)     powerOff=0, pipeTerminated=0, acceleratorEnabled=1, fWSAA=17
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2)     lastIOGraphicsMessageEvent=93, fbIndex=5
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2)     transactionQueueReadCount=12055, transactionQueueWriteCount=12056
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) lastCompletedTransaction: ID=12054 dirtyBits=0x1 options=0x1
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2)     pendingTransaction ID=12055, isTransactionComplete()=0, dirtyBits=0x1, options=0x1, errorCode=0x0, submittedReturn=0xe0014042
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2)     readTransaction ID=12056, dirtyBits=0x1, options=0x1, errorCode=0x0, submittedReturn=0xe0014042, event hasn't finished
<last message repeated many times>
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual IOReturn IOAccelEventMachine2::waitForStamp(int32_t, stamp_t, stamp_t *): initial wait for 1 second expired. Continue wait for 4 seconds. stamp 15313 (gpu_stamp=15312)
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual IOReturn IOAccelEventMachine2::waitForStamp(int32_t, stamp_t, stamp_t *): initial wait for 1 second expired. Continue wait for 4 seconds. stamp 9557 (gpu_stamp=9556)
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual IOReturn IOAccelEventMachine2::waitForStamp(int32_t, stamp_t, stamp_t *): timeout waiting for AMDRadeonAccelerator stamp 15313 (gpu_stamp=15312)
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual IOReturn IOAccelEventMachine2::waitForStamp(int32_t, stamp_t, stamp_t *): timeout waiting for AMDRadeonAccelerator stamp 9557 (gpu_stamp=9556)

kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual void IOAccelEventMachineFast2::checkGPUProgress() - Signaling hardware error on channel 0..
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartEnqueued stampIdx=0 type=2
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual void IOAccelEventMachineFast2::checkGPUProgress() - Signaling hardware error on channel 2..
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartSignaled stampIdx=2 type=2 prevType=0 numStamps=22
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartEnqueued stampIdx=2 type=2
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual void IOAccelEventMachineFast2::checkGPUProgress() - Signaling hardware error on channel 5..
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartSignaled stampIdx=5 type=2 prevType=0 numStamps=22
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartEnqueued stampIdx=5 type=2
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual void IOAccelEventMachineFast2::checkGPUProgress() - Signaling hardware error on channel 6..
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartSignaled stampIdx=6 type=2 prevType=0 numStamps=22
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartEnqueued stampIdx=6 type=2
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual void IOAccelEventMachineFast2::checkGPUProgress() - Signaling hardware error on channel 12..
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartSignaled stampIdx=12 type=2 prevType=0 numStamps=22
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartEnqueued stampIdx=12 type=2
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual void IOAccelEventMachineFast2::checkGPUProgress() - Signaling hardware error on channel 17..
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartSignaled stampIdx=17 type=2 prevType=0 numStamps=22
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartEnqueued stampIdx=17 type=2
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual void IOAccelEventMachineFast2::checkGPUProgress() - Signaling hardware error on channel 18..
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartSignaled stampIdx=18 type=2 prevType=0 numStamps=22
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartEnqueued stampIdx=18 type=2
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual void IOAccelEventMachineFast2::checkGPUProgress() - Signaling hardware error on channel 19..
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartSignaled stampIdx=19 type=2 prevType=0 numStamps=22
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::signalHardwareError(eRestartRequest, int32_t): GPURestartEnqueued stampIdx=19 type=2
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::hardwareErrorEvent(): setting restart type to 2 (channel 0)
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) void IOAccelEventMachine2::hardwareErrorEvent(): GPURestartDequeued stampIdx=0 type=2
kernel[0]: (AMDRadeonX5000) [3:0:0]: channel 0 event timeout
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual IOReturn IOAccelEventMachine2::waitForStamp(int32_t, stamp_t, stamp_t *): a graphics error occurred, exitting..
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual IOReturn IOAccelEventMachine2::waitForStamp(int32_t, stamp_t, stamp_t *): a graphics error occurred, exitting..
kernel[0]: (AMDRadeonX5000) [3:0:0]: channel 0 GFX is hung! (lastReadTimestamp=0x0001212a) channelResetMask 0x00000000
kernel[0]: (AMDRadeonX5000HWLibs) AMD Cail: [3:0:0] GPU HangState 0x00000040, HangFlags 0x00000005: IndividualEngineHang 1, NonEngineBlockHang 0, FenceNotRetired 1, PerEngineReset 1, FullAsicReset 0
kernel[0]: (AMDRadeonX5000HWLibs) [3:0:0] GPU HangState 0x00000040, HangFlags 0x00000005: IndividualEngineHang 1, NonEngineBlockHang 0, FenceNotRetired 1, PerEngineReset 1, FullAsicReset 0
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual sIOAccelEvent *IOAccelFIFOChannel2::getFirstPendingEvent(): All are finished
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual sIOAccelEvent *IOAccelFIFOChannel2::getFirstPendingEvent(): All are finished
kernel[0]: (AMDRadeonX5000) [3:0:0] ** AMDRadeonX5000_AMDVega10GraphicsAccelerator Device in slot: SLOT--1 **
kernel[0]: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) Trying to restart GPU (Radeon RX Vega 64)...
kernel[0]: (AMDSupport) AMD Recovery Display.
kernel[0]: (Sandbox) Sandbox: tailspin(1751) deny(1) sysctl-write kern.procname

I note that this first error, "AMDRadeonAccelerator: IOAccelDisplayPipeTransaction" is the same error I first posted about here, on my X58 Hack with the R9 280X getting black screens on boot.  I assume this is because it's a generic message when the GPU experiences problems, rather than they have related causes (as the issue on the X58 is surely related to no UEFI).  But I don't know for sure of course.

So all in all, very frustrating.  I keep making small amounts of progress, then spending a huge amount of time on testing, only to find that in no scenario can I get a fully working system.   One of the reasons I bought the new GPU was to help with h264 encode, but now I am booting my H77 into Windows 10 to do it there instead. 

Oh well, at least I have learnt a little bit more in the process..

Hey @TheBloke thanks for sharing your success. My motherboard doesn't have an option to disable CSM and I had no luck trying the iMacPro 1.1 SMBIOS, Monitors on DVI keep black (they flicker to be more precise - producing hearable noise on the GPU). Seems I need to be fine with my adapter solution...

On 9/25/2019 at 8:14 PM, exquirentibus said:

I tried a Saphire Radeon RX 570 with a single DVI (plus hdmi, display port) and also an Asus Radeon 570 with two DVI ports.

All of the DVI ports worked for me. 

I'm now running 10.14.6 with (3) 2660 X 1440 Dell monitors using two DVI ports and one Display Port -> DVI (with the Club3D adapter you mentioned). The DVI ports gave me zero trouble!  Thanks for the Cllub3d recommendation!!

About this Mac.- Displays.png

Seems to prove the assumption, that it could be related with the iGPU, @exquirentibus your motherboard has onboard graphics am I right?

Edited by bobpedro

Sorry to hear that, @bobpedro

Pretty sure it's related to UEFI though.  The real iMacPro 1.1 has no iGPU, which is why it's the recommended option when one wants to enable HW accelerated encode/decode, because that's the only real Mac that officially supports h264/h265 encode/decode without also having an iGPU.

My Vega 64 now mostly works great in my H77 (which has no iGPU as far as macOS can see) now that I have CSM disabled, with all the usual black-screen-from-boot, flickering, needing to sleep/wake etc completely gone.

The one issue that remains is that eventually the GPU hang when using HW h264/h265 encode, eg exporting a Premiere Pro project.  But that appears to be specific to the Vega 64 itself (at least in a Hack), as I've recently spoken to another user who has a Vega 64 in a much more modern system than mine, and they are getting those freezes too.    They told me that the issue used to exist a while ago (months), then went away for a month or two, then came back, which makes him think that 10.14.6 has re-introduced a problem that 10.14.5 resolved.

I've also tested the latest Catalina beta, and sadly the same problem occurs.

I'm annoyed that I only upgraded all my macOS installations to .6 a couple of weeks ago.  I tested .5 and .6 side by side and could spot no difference, so I did the upgrade.  But that was before I knew to disable CSM, so I was still messing about with unplugging monitors and the like, and hadn't properly tested HW encode/decode at that time.   I wish I still had a 10.14.5 install I could easily use.   When I have some time I might re-install a spare SSD with 10.14.5 to confirm if that resolves the issue.

If any of the WEG experts have any idea why 10.14.6 might have re-introduced GPU freezes/crashes with HW h264/h265 encode, and whether WEG could do anything about it, I would be most grateful for any info.  Console error messages are shown in this post of mine.

Edited by TheBloke

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i thought it was a CLOVER issue or CLOVER config error on my end but Slice pointed me here.

In my laptop i have HD4400 iGPU and according to intel its base frequency should be 200MHz but when running in macOS my iGPU is idling at 550MHZ (0.55).

I am assuming this is not an issue? but surely this will drain my battery faster than it should.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 2.34.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 2.34.22 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 2.44.04 pm.png

CLOVER.zip

Hi everyone !

I am almost done with an Acer SF515-77 laptop (8565u/uhd620).

Everything is working except I got a blackscreen with backlight after sleep (a dark grey screen, sometimes i almost see like an faded image in dark grey of my desktop). So sleep is not possible image.gif.617b358b43d7e7f12cc60adca35b699a.gif But external screen is OK so my laptop is still working perfectly ... but not usable as a laptop !

I tried a lot of things, including FixEdid to create a customized Edid in Overrides with different screen type (A5,B5) etc ..

I tried to inject EDID and/or Intel with clover too at boot, different config for HDMI in config.plist (but except the black screen at wake up it is working perfectly including external hdmi with audio in 4K)

I tried different values for darkwake too, different smbios type (14 and 15) ... Still no luck

All kext are in /L/E including whatevergreen and lilu. May be it is a framebuffer/whatevergreen configuration problem ?

Here is my clover folder, ioregistry and last system log after sleep.

Thanks for your help !!!!!

macbook ioreg.zip

CLOVER.zip

sleep.log.zip

32 minutes ago, Henri75 said:

Hi everyone !

I am almost done with an Acer SF515-77 laptop (8565u/uhd620).

Everything is working except I got a blackscreen with backlight after sleep (a dark grey screen, sometimes i almost see like an faded image in dark grey of my desktop). So sleep is not possible image.gif.617b358b43d7e7f12cc60adca35b699a.gif But external screen is OK so my laptop is still working perfectly ... but not usable as a laptop !

I tried a lot of things, including FixEdid to create a customized Edid in Overrides with different screen type (A5,B5) etc ..

I tried to inject EDID and/or Intel with clover too at boot, different config for HDMI in config.plist (but except the black screen at wake up it is working perfectly including external hdmi with audio in 4K)

I tried different values for darkwake too, different smbios type (14 and 15) ... Still no luck

All kext are in /L/E including whatevergreen and lilu. May be it is a framebuffer/whatevergreen configuration problem ?

Here is my clover folder, ioregistry and last system log after sleep.

Thanks for your help !!!!!

macbook ioreg.zip

CLOVER.zip

sleep.log.zip

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md#adjusting-the-brightness-on-a-laptop

1 hour ago, Andrey1970 said:

Thanks,!  I tried both ways (clover and SSDT) but nothing change.

I guess backlight was already working has I have backlight + slider in prefs working no ?

Any idea why it is still not working ??? I am ready to try anything :-)

12 minutes ago, Henri75 said:

Thanks,!  I tried both ways (clover and SSDT) but nothing change.

I guess backlight was already working has I have backlight + slider in prefs working no ?

Any idea why it is still not working ??? I am ready to try anything :-)

First of all you shall delete the PNLF device from DSDT. You should not have added it there.

33 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

First of all you shall delete the PNLF device from DSDT. You should not have added it there.

You were right I add a PNLF in DTST, I think from the brightness patch.

But no luck again.

With clover I got very low brightness after boot, and dark screen after sleep

With PNLF ssdt I got middle birghtness after boot, no more brightness slider in prefs, and dark grey screen after sleep...

By the way what is the difference between PNLFCFL and PNLF SSDT ?

Can you make a miracle ? I am ready to try again and again, this problem is such a hassle  :-)

Edited by Henri75

You were right I add a PNLF in DTST, I think from the brightness patch.
But no luck again.
With clover I got very low brightness after boot, and dark screen after sleep
With PNLF ssdt I got middle birghtness after boot, no more brightness slider in prefs, and dark grey screen after sleep...

By the way what is the difference between PNLFCFL and PNLF SSDT ?

Can you make a miracle ? I am ready to try again and again, this problem is such a hassle  :-)
remove PNLF ssdt.
then use clover intelbacklight option.
then upload clover log.

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

23 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

remove PNLF ssdt.
then upload clover log.

Ok so I added PNLF and Intelbacklight and maxbacklight.

Here are the boot logs

By the way previously I said after sleep the screen is very dark grey. Attached is a picture, it looks like if screen is frozen or crashed. Macos is working, I have sound, I can see previous desktop image before sleep but it is washed out and greyed out, and not updated anymore (frozen). External hdmi works perfectly.

IMG_20191003_191716.jpg

bdmesg.log

4 hours ago, Henri75 said:

Ok so I added PNLF and Intelbacklight and maxbacklight.

Here are the boot logs

By the way previously I said after sleep the screen is very dark grey. Attached is a picture, it looks like if screen is frozen or crashed. Macos is working, I have sound, I can see previous desktop image before sleep but it is washed out and greyed out, and not updated anymore (frozen). External hdmi works perfectly.

IMG_20191003_191716.jpg

bdmesg.log

Afterthought : my problems looks like a ghost image in the video fgx after sleep, and not a black screen. In this pic I saw a previous desktop (look at icons on the top right). Earlier tonight it was the apple boot logo :(

On 10/1/2019 at 1:41 PM, bobpedro said:

Hey @TheBloke thanks for sharing your success. My motherboard doesn't have an option to disable CSM and I had no luck trying the iMacPro 1.1 SMBIOS, Monitors on DVI keep black (they flicker to be more precise - producing hearable noise on the GPU). Seems I need to be fine with my adapter solution...

Seems to prove the assumption, that it could be related with the iGPU, @exquirentibus your motherboard has onboard graphics am I right?

Yes, it does have on-board graphics, but I've never actually connected a monitor to any of the on-board ports.  I always use a video card.

@Sherlocks

Hi I have read many of your posts in the Clover General thread with many useful fixes I have used over time thanks for all that.  I Posted a few back from here link below about how to eliminate AppleBackLightFixup for Nvidia Only Laptop, no intel integrated GFX, Asus has disabled it on this G750JX laptop.  I would like to use WEG alone and eliminate the fixup kext but from Yosemite and all the way into Catalina I have to use it to actually see the LCD backlight change intensity without it only the Apple Backlight Automation inc/dec will work without Brightness change.   Any suggestions on how to make this work or do I have to continue to use the Fixup kext in my situation?

Edited by oSxFr33k

On 10/3/2019 at 7:07 PM, Sherlocks said:

remove PNLF ssdt.
then upload clover log.

Hi Sherlocks, any idea to solve my grey/ghosted screen after sleep ?

I am stuck for a while with that problem :(

Hi everyone. After upgrading to 10.15 public release, System stuck at end of lading screen with a cursor. I was using whatevergreen with proper framebuffer patch in 10.14.6 without error. After upgrade,I can't get to login screen. I guess it's a frambuffer issue, with verbose boot completes successfully and stuck at same apple splashscreen with a cursor at the end. Any help would be appreciated.

Using whatevergreen 1.3.3

framebuffer and memstolen patch in info.plist

CPU: i5 7200U

Graphics : Intel HD 620

I am able to login to recovery partition without error. 

Update: It was seeming like graphic issue but the issue was with virtualSMC and PS2 driver conflict causing hang before login screen. Issue resolved by removing PS2 Driver.

WhateverGreen Works Great. Thank you guys for bringing all kexts to one. No more hassles ( multiple kext, multiple DSDT patch,Custom Framebuffer kext) like old days of  OS X snowleo to Sierra.

CLOVER.zip

Edited by soumaxetuirk
Issue Resolved. Wrong guess about the issue
  • Like 1

I'm having issues with my Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 on Catalina, connecting via DP to a Dell UP2414Q. The same display works fine with HDMI, but when connecting via DP, I see an HDCP error and the screen is blank. The monitor appears to be detected correctly, and Mac even recognizes that it's a DisplayPort display with the right resolution &c., so I'm pretty sure this is the reason I'm not getting a signal. I've tried a great many things including Framebuffers, disabling CSM, disabling the iGPU, ACPI fixes, etc., and nothing has made a difference. Is this something I can fix using Clover or WhateverGreen?

$ log show --predicate 'processID==0' --last 20m | grep AMDRadeon
2019-10-11 20:40:30.890821-0400 0x503      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AMDRadeonX5000) [3:0:0] [Accel] --- Before TTL:initialize() - BootLoader POST Code=0x00000000, Ready=0x80000000
2019-10-11 20:40:30.890822-0400 0x503      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AMDRadeonX5000) [3:0:0] [Accel] >>> Calling TTL::initialize()
2019-10-11 20:40:30.890823-0400 0x503      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AMDRadeonX5000)        nonlocalMemSizeLimitBytes   = 0x0000000040000000
2019-10-11 20:40:30.890828-0400 0x503      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AMDRadeonX5000HWLibs) initialize normal
2019-10-11 20:40:30.970176-0400 0x503      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AMDRadeonX5000) [3:0:0] [Accel] <<< TTL::initialize() Completed successfully.
2019-10-11 20:40:37.553875-0400 0x40e      Fault       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual IOReturn IOAccelEventMachine2::waitForStamp(int32_t, stamp_t, stamp_t *): timeout waiting for AMDRadeonAccelerator stamp 2 (gpu_stamp=0)
2019-10-11 20:42:54.395698-0400 0x1193     Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AMDRadeonX5000HWLibs) [3:0:0] AMD Error:
2019-10-11 20:42:54.395703-0400 0x1193     Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AMDRadeonX5000HWLibs) Failed HDCP: status 4

Edited by PepsiColaNYC

I have the same problem as @soumaxetuirk

whatevergreen 1.3.3 with Lilu 1.3.8

OS 10.15 installer

injected with Clover 5096

Intel UHD 630 (device id 0x3e91, i3-8100 with H310 chipset)

AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer hangs.

With bootarg -DisableIOFB to disable it boots with baseline boot framebuffer (IONDRV).

I have a simple question. Is it possible to enable DRM playback, i.e. play/stream purchased movie in TV, on a Catalina hack with Coffer Lake 8700, Z370 chipset, and RX590 display card w/ iGPU rendering enabled?

I have been stuck with this issue since Mojave, in early Mojave, I could get it to play with no sound but not streaming, but after maybe 10.14.3, nothing works no more.

Not terribly important, it's just became my pass time hobby solving this DRM issue. Just like to know if it's even possible?

z370 chipset

8700 CPU w/ UHD630 headless mode enabled

RX590 GPU

Lilu 1.3.5

Whatevergreen 1.3.3

macOS 10.15

all graphic inject off

1 hour ago, Zenith432 said:

I have the same problem as @soumaxetuirk

whatevergreen 1.3.3 with Lilu 1.3.8

OS 10.15 installer

injected with Clover 5096

Intel UHD 630 (device id 0x3e91, i3-8100 with H310 chipset)

AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer hangs.

With bootarg -DisableIOFB to disable it boots with baseline boot framebuffer (IONDRV).

I managed to resolve the issue issue after switching back from VirtualSMC  to FakeSMC.

Surprisingly VirtualSMC was causing trouble conflicting with PS2 driver. Without PS2 driver, VirtualSMC working fine. 

No issue of Whatevergreen.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:10 AM, SavageAUS said:

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i thought it was a CLOVER issue or CLOVER config error on my end but Slice pointed me here.

In my laptop i have HD4400 iGPU and according to intel its base frequency should be 200MHz but when running in macOS my iGPU is idling at 550MHZ (0.55).

I am assuming this is not an issue? but surely this will drain my battery faster than it should.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 2.34.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 2.34.22 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 2.44.04 pm.png

CLOVER.zip

Any suggestions?

4 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Any suggestions?

You can first try remove Whatevergreen.kext,, just use FakePCIID.kext+ FakePCIIDintelHDGrahics.kext from rehabman. Then set fakeID GPU to 0x014128086. 

Let's see about your min freq of GPU. If it still same, then the problem is commonly from the macOS, not about WEG

Hi guys,

Just upgraded to Catalina and got DP 5k monitor problem again. Did stupid thing - upgraded both lilu/weg and macos, so don't know what caused the problem exactly.

Symptoms: rx560 with latest lilu/weg, 10.15, 5k DP display and uhd 4k hdmi display.

After boot only HDMI display works. When I turn DP display off then back on, it starts to work ok. Sometimes I need to repeat it several times.

After sleep/wake sometimes DP works, sometimes not. Don't understand what it depends on. For example, after computer wakes up and dp is not working, I can wait a minute or two when it goes to sleep again, immediately wake it up again then and dp works again.

Also, dunno is it important, when dp is not working and I turn it off, HDMI monitor blinks like macos detected that DP monitor has been switched off.

Please tell me, is it possible to fix that? Last time in the similar situation only macos upgrade helped.

Ty

Edited by viktr