Vega Frontier Edition on High Sierra

jnolla

721 posts in this topic

I've finally picked up a Radeon Pro WX 9100 due to it being listed on Apples website under supported for 10.13.4. I had high hopes for this card. This card was supposed to be better than the frontier edition at mixing hard processing work with gaming. It was also easier to get here in NZ.

I was so happy that I was able to simply plop the card in and start mac os, it even seemed to fully detect the card in the system profiler. So I assumed all was good. Then I opened Final cut Pro X to start the days edit job and was immediately disappointed.  Crash, crash ... average performance.... Crash.

Having upgraded from Sapphire HD 7970 I had expected a bigger jump in performance, especially moving to a proper workstation card. Instead, davinchi Resolve seems to still run about as fast as if I put my HD 7970 in and Final cut is marginally faster but nothing amazing. In fact, FCPX now displays my GH5's HEVC 4k footage as black nothing footage and crashes when I try and work with HEVC (h.265) despite QuickTime being able to play and display the video files just fine. Now, this might be Apples stuff up with codec support in X (as my old 2011 macbook pro can open te same project and view the files FINE, but slowly) I'm wondering if anyone has any idea if its something I can work around? Do normal Vega 64s have problems with FCPX and HEVC?

Also, in regards to overall performance, are any of the tweaks here likely to be of use to a Radeon Pro WX9100 under 10.13.4?  This card seems to run very quietly at the moment so Im assuming Apples default drivers for it may me causing it to clock down to keep quiet and cooler whereas I'm after full-on performance for this expensive card.

2 hours ago, Setura said:

I've finally picked up a Radeon Pro WX 9100 due to it being listed on Apples website under supported for 10.13.4. I had high hopes for this card. This card was supposed to be better than the frontier edition at mixing hard processing work with gaming. It was also easier to get here in NZ.

I was so happy that I was able to simply plop the card in and start mac os, it even seemed to fully detect the card in the system profiler. So I assumed all was good. Then I opened Final cut Pro X to start the days edit job and was immediately disappointed.  Crash, crash ... average performance.... Crash.

Having upgraded from Sapphire HD 7970 I had expected a bigger jump in performance, especially moving to a proper workstation card. Instead, davinchi Resolve seems to still run about as fast as if I put my HD 7970 in and Final cut is marginally faster but nothing amazing. In fact, FCPX now displays my GH5's HEVC 4k footage as black nothing footage and crashes when I try and work with HEVC (h.265) despite QuickTime being able to play and display the video files just fine. Now, this might be Apples stuff up with codec support in X (as my old 2011 macbook pro can open te same project and view the files FINE, but slowly) I'm wondering if anyone has any idea if its something I can work around? Do normal Vega 64s have problems with FCPX and HEVC?

Also, in regards to overall performance, are any of the tweaks here likely to be of use to a Radeon Pro WX9100 under 10.13.4?  This card seems to run very quietly at the moment so Im assuming Apples default drivers for it may me causing it to clock down to keep quiet and cooler whereas I'm after full-on performance for this expensive card.

It looks like the WX9100 is actually the same as Vega FE with a bit lower TDP & clocks. You should try the 1442MHz/1045MHz powerplay table with your card. I'll check the FCPX & HEVC later today!

14 minutes ago, okrasit said:

It looks like the WX9100 is actually the same as Vega FE with a bit lower TDP & clocks. You should try the 1442MHz/1045MHz powerplay table with your card. I'll check the FCPX & HEVC later today!

Ok, thanks. I'll give that powerplay table a go then. Gee, if this is a more expensive card with lower clocks than the FE, I hope it will have other benefits then (because most of the pro benefits to it seem to be currently missing from OSX). And I'll be interested to see if you hit the same thing in FCPX or not. The only codec it seems to now hate is HEVC ...which is half of some of my edits...

Edited by Setura

8 hours ago, Setura said:

Ok, thanks. I'll give that powerplay table a go then. Gee, if this is a more expensive card with lower clocks than the FE, I hope it will have other benefits then (because most of the pro benefits to it seem to be currently missing from OSX). And I'll be interested to see if you hit the same thing in FCPX or not. The only codec it seems to now hate is HEVC ...which is half of some of my edits...

I'm getting that same black video output here too, with FCPX & HEVC. 

I think the problem is the FCPX, maybe there will be an update soon. 

Edited by okrasit

3 hours ago, okrasit said:

I'm getting that same black video output here too, with FCPX & HEVC. 

I think the problem is the FCPX, maybe there will be an update soon. 

ah ok. Thanks for testing.  Well, resolve works with the HEVC fine so I guess I got some transcoding to ProRes to do then...

Last night in the middle of a big render, (mostly CPU intensive) I had my rig screech at me and the GPU fan went nuts before I force shut it down. Seemed like the Radeon Pro had made that screech/beep sound. This was on stock OSX settings, I was yet to test the tweaks on here. Bit weird. Seems ok today

4 hours ago, Setura said:

ah ok. Thanks for testing.  Well, resolve works with the HEVC fine so I guess I got some transcoding to ProRes to do then...

Last night in the middle of a big render, (mostly CPU intensive) I had my rig screech at me and the GPU fan went nuts before I force shut it down. Seemed like the Radeon Pro had made that screech/beep sound. This was on stock OSX settings, I was yet to test the tweaks on here. Bit weird. Seems ok today

Please, do the pp-table mod. At stock the fan doesn't work (correctly) and your card is overheating!

Edited by okrasit
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, okrasit said:

Please, do the pp-table mod. At stock the fan doesn't work (correctly) and your card is overheating!

Ok, thank you. Took two goes (first time it rejected the kext upon restart) but using Kext Utility after touch /System/Library/Extensions; kextcache -update-volume / nd then restarting, I think its worked. Is Luxmark the best tool to run to check if it's performing well?  and will that stress it enough to push the fan up too? Because thus far, the fan has been pretty silent.

I've just restarted my hackintosh and its supposed to read as attached in the ioregistryexplorer?

Because if all is good, then I'll stress test the system in ARK survival evolved, Luxmark and FCPX.

Screenshot 2018-04-19 18.06.13.png

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Setura said:

Ok, thank you. Took two goes (first time it rejected the kext upon restart) but using Kext Utility after touch /System/Library/Extensions; kextcache -update-volume / nd then restarting, I think its worked. Is Luxmark the best tool to run to check if it's performing well?  and will that stress it enough to push the fan up too? Because thus far, the fan has been pretty silent.

I've just restarted my hackintosh and its supposed to read as attached in the ioregistryexplorer?

Because if all is good, then I'll stress test the system in ARK survival evolved, Luxmark and FCPX.

Screenshot 2018-04-19 18.06.13.png

Running luxmark benchmark, your fan rpm should go very high, you’d notice it for sure. Also, make sure you don’t have SIP enabled, csrutil or something and Clover config has some activecsr config option, google it! ;)

33 minutes ago, okrasit said:

Running luxmark benchmark, your fan rpm should go very high, you’d notice it for sure. Also, make sure you don’t have SIP enabled, csrutil or something and Clover config has some activecsr config option, google it! ;)

well in my clover I had to have my setting as BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x67 to start OSX with my Xeon which im pretty sure also disables SIP. I'll run Luxmark now then. I ran ARK for 10 mins and the fan didn't really kick up but the exhaust from the card sure was warm.

---

EDIT:

ok. Ran it. Oh boy, that fan came alive after about 40 secs :)

Sadly my score is below the Frontier edition  I saw someone else post with higher clock rate.  If it's not a good idea to take my 1442mhz any higher then I won't as I value the health of this GPU and don't plan on watercooling it. Are there any other ways that might boost its performance or am I just needing to wait and hope that Apple do something?

Screenshot 2018-04-19 19.33.12.jpg

Edited by Setura

13 hours ago, Setura said:

well in my clover I had to have my setting as BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x67 to start OSX with my Xeon which im pretty sure also disables SIP. I'll run Luxmark now then. I ran ARK for 10 mins and the fan didn't really kick up but the exhaust from the card sure was warm.

---

EDIT:

ok. Ran it. Oh boy, that fan came alive after about 40 secs :)

Sadly my score is below the Frontier edition  I saw someone else post with higher clock rate.  If it's not a good idea to take my 1442mhz any higher then I won't as I value the health of this GPU and don't plan on watercooling it. Are there any other ways that might boost its performance or am I just needing to wait and hope that Apple do something?

Screenshot 2018-04-19 19.33.12.jpg

I'm sure you got some throttling during the benchmark, due to low initial fan speed & high temps. Run the benchmark twice and you'll see. 

OR NOT

Try this, it has lower temp target (57C).

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

I got some throttling with FE too (memory gets too hot, probably) , didn't notice it before as I also have RX64. 

Edited by okrasit
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2018 at 9:54 PM, okrasit said:

It's not a good benchmark, your fps will get capped to screen refresh rate in some situations, like an open browser window etc. :(

Sorry again @okrasit maybe OT because I'm not running FE but I  have a weird problem with my Vega 64 liquid.

I need to put my rig into sleep before I run Cinebench!!!??

if not the open GL performance is really poor like 80 to 87 fps maximum. 

After one sleep cycle the open GL performance increase to 131 fps as best result. The same for Unigine_Valley-1.0-Advanced.

In windows Cinebech is scoring like 145 fps so I think that 131 should be good for those now existing drivers in High Sierra.

I'm running my rig on intel Xeon W 2175 if that could have any impact.

Cinebench.png

On 4/4/2018 at 8:19 PM, okrasit said:

For custom water cooled ones:

Core: 1642MHz/1150mV, Memory: 1045MHz/1075mV, SOC: 1199MHz, Temp target: 75, Idle fan: 1000rpm

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

Used your patch on my Vega 64 Liquid with no problems and increased performance. The fan for the cooler is a little more noisy but that's not a big problem. 

Orginal.png

Patched.png

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 7:52 AM, okrasit said:

I'm sure you got some throttling during the benchmark, due to low initial fan speed & high temps. Run the benchmark twice and you'll see. 

OR NOT

Try this, it has lower temp target (57C).

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

I got some throttling with FE too (memory gets too hot, probably) , didn't notice it before as I also have RX64. 

My Luxmark went from 25000 to 27000.

Heaven is even crazier!

But my max temps went from 45 to 92 degrees. So I guess it pays to be careful... I'm runnung a Vega AIO bios on an air Vega with EK watercooling on it.

For some reason images aren't uploading. Heaven from 5000 to 6000.

Screenshot 2017-11-07 21.34.03.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, surfinchina said:

My Luxmark went from 25000 to 27000.

Heaven is even crazier!

But my max temps went from 45 to 92 degrees. So I guess it pays to be careful... I'm runnung a Vega AIO bios on an air Vega with EK watercooling on it.imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

For some reason images aren't uploading. Heaven from 5000 to 6000.

Those temps :worried_anim:

Edited by okrasit

On 3/28/2018 at 11:41 PM, okrasit said:

You guys know that it's possible to modify the clocks, voltages, power limit etc, right

You can do your own settings with:

https://github.com/halsafar/Vega64SoftPowerTableEditor

Just clean the resulting reg file from anything else but hex values -> base64 encode or use Xcode inserting the key data to the Info.plist in the AMD10000Controller.kext.

;)

Hi Okrasit,

I have tried to compile the Vega64SoftPowerTableEditor from github with no succes.It's looking like I need to install a lot of librarys and is far beyond my capabilities .

I have a Sapphire Vega 56 with fan blowing at max on 10.13.4 .Would you be so kind to help me with this fan blowing ? I would like to keep the core clock the card came with, just to get rid of the blowing fan will be fine .In LuxMark core clock is showing at 1590MHz and on the Sapphire site is 1471MHz.

Thanks

On 4/6/2018 at 2:32 AM, okrasit said:

不知道SSDT / DSDT,但作为Clover kext补丁,我想,是的。我开始摆弄这个的原因,FE&RX64 Air因过热而崩溃。实际上,股票冷却器没有超频的空间,实际上,它甚至无法处理股票时钟。 :哨:

This is my way,copy the info.plist from AMD10000Controller.kext,and make a kext injector. Put it in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other,and it works。。For example,I upload a kext,

Core: 1442MHz/1075mV ,Memory: 1045MHz/1075mV,Temp target: 57,Idle fan: 700rpm.

RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wyhtc said:

This is my way,copy the info.plist from AMD10000Controller.kext,and make a kext injector. Put it in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other,and it works。。For example,I upload a kext,

Core: 1442MHz/1075mV ,Memory: 1045MHz/1075mV,Temp target: 57,Idle fan: 700rpm.

RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext.zip

I'll give it a try .

Thank you .

39 minutes ago, semaca42 said:

I'll give it a try .

Thank you .

By putting your kext in EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other or editing the Info.plist in the AMD10000Controller.kext with those settings I have the same results : black screen ( I'm using HDMI output ) and the Leds on Tach are at max  . Fan was very quiet ! 

I thing those settings are for Vega FE and not good for Vega 56 .

Thanks for help . 

3分钟前,semaca42说:

通过将您的kext放在EFI/Clow/kext/Other中,或者用这些设置在AMD10000Controller.kext中编辑Info.plist,我的结果是相同的:黑色屏幕(我使用HDMI输出)和Tach上的LED最多。粉丝很安静!

我想这些设置是为织女星fe而不是好的vega 56。

谢谢你帮忙。

Sorry,I forget to tell you my card is vega 56 flash to the vega 64. And you can edit this kext for yourself,my upload’s kext is only a example,it is not suitable for everyone.

:(I have a trouble. My Vega’s fan can fix in Idle speed,but the temperature is higher and higher until it reach the target temperature, then the fan starts to speed up. Unfortunately,Vega64SoftPowerTableEditor is not working in Windows 10 17134. Could someone help me to make a  Core: 1630MHz/1150mV, Memory: 945MHz/1000mV, SOC: 1199MHz, Temp target: 43 , Idle fan: 700rpm patches?

Edited by wyhtc

On 4/5/2018 at 3:19 AM, okrasit said:

Here's one for anyone with air-cooled card:

Core: 1600MHz/1150mV, Memory: 1045MHz/1075mV, SOC: 1199MHz, Temp target: 70, Idle fan: 700rpm

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

Hey! I'm a bit of a newbie to all this, so thanks all for your patients, but my Vega FE in Mantiz enclosure has been crashing under heavy load. I got a brand new 800w PSU and it still tanks almost immediately. The fan on the FE is not cranking up, which led me here. I tried Okrasit's edit of the kext.
86869945_Screenshot2018-05-0517_10_40.thumb.png.2a7013e37fa0b66a3404c5bbfdd758cd.png

Then when I try:

On 4/5/2018 at 3:11 AM, okrasit said:

touch /System/Library/Extensions; kextcache -update-volume /

I get  "Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed:..." not sure if that's an error or not, but when I reboot, there's no apparent change. opening a demanding motion project maxes out the eGPU, no big fan speed change, and system egpu crashes within seconds. 

I really appreciate the input from Okrasit and everyone here. I feel like I'm getting close. Can anyone spot something I might be missing? Thanks so much!!

• Like 1

i have exactly the same problem with a VEGA 64 STRIX and my Fan speed which no go up in a sonnet BB enclosure, i have try different edit with no effect, and same error in the terminal.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2018 at 8:11 PM, okrasit said:

@SammlerG

sudo bash
nano /System/Library/Extensions/AMD10000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist

(at near the end of the file add to 'aty_properties' dict the following:)
<key>PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable</key>
<data>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</data>
<key>PP_DisablePowerContainment</key>
<integer>1</integer>
(ctrl+x, to exit & save)

touch /System/Library/Extensions; kextcache -update-volume /
reboot

Thanks genius for your solution! now I can use my Hackintosh with Air Cooled Vega 64 otherwise was not possible, for months I had it in Water block but now I must return the block for RMA and having the reference cooler again but cannot stand that jet fan noise, now this made me able agin to use my Hacki with the reference cooler.

To be safe I added this, Core: 1442MHz/1075mV, Memory: 1045MHz/1075mV, SOC: 1199MHz, Temp target: 70, Idle fan: 700rpm, works perfect but my only concern is the Memory as I know from my Windows experience HBM2 at stock 945MHz goes at least 10C higher than the Chip when on heavy tasks, so I think it's even more when overclocked to 1045.

So, can you please send me the whole <data> text with memory run at stock 945MHz and stock mV ? it would be much appreciated and thanks again.

6 hours ago, Xplisite said:

i have exactly the same problem with a VEGA 64 STRIX and my Fan speed which no go up in a sonnet BB enclosure, i have try different edit with no effect, and same error in the terminal.

Xplisite, I just tried Kext Utility as Setura mentioned earlier (thanks Setura!).

On 4/19/2018 at 3:08 PM, Setura said:

Ok, thank you. Took two goes (first time it rejected the kext upon restart) but using Kext Utility after touch /System/Library/Extensions; kextcache -update-volume / nd then restarting, I think its worked.

not sure if I'd done it right (had to rename the backup since it never wrote a new file) but after that the changes are working. you can download it here: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/Kext-Utility.shtml

Lexmark is running smoothly now, and Davinci hasn't crashed yet, but I still get a system failure with my Motion project before the fan has a chance to kick in. I've got the stock 1600Mhz that Okrasit (thank you're a saint!) posted for Vega FE air cooled, but looks like I may have to experiment with lower temp tolerance and/or lower clock.