Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

I mean, I don't wanna game with it (it's impossible btw) I use macos for other stuff but when you see even finder's animations such as dock's folder opening losing lot of frames and windows moving with lag while scrolling on a recording or listening with garageband...

Thats bad... really bad!

A $30 gt210 sounds like a better option.

Hi guys ... 

i got my system working ... 90% compatible 
my setup:

proc : Ryzen 1700X oc 3.77Ghz
Mobo : B350-Plus
Gpu : GTX 1080 Ti 11gb Pny
mem : 32GB
sdd 480GB
raid 0 : 2x 3tb

So at the beginning i had some problems with the installation building as is in the youtube tutorial by @Gigamaxx (Thanks by the away) than i tried to run a different version "SierraAmd_v5"  from amd-osx.com than i finally got to the installer screen ...

After the installation it wouldn't boot, so i booted again in the installer open the terminal mounted the EFI partition,  in a second usb drive copied the "Ryzen Disk Edit Essentials"  and using the terminal i copied the EFI folder to the partition and the kernel and prelinkedkernel to the system partition.

Than the system booted and i ended the installation patched the other files from the "Ryzen Disk Edit Essentials

Changes that i had to do was the clover version i got the  4200 because the usb 3.1 in the mobo, i was getting the following error "USBXHCIPCI create ports: port 1 unsupported protocol 03.10"  and it got working just fine all ports 

changed the FakeSMC from the clover folder as well.

i`m using the kext to network "RealtekRTL8111.kext" in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.12 , worked as a charm  :D , for the GTX1080Ti  i used the Nvidia webdriver but still not using 100% 

The only problem that i still have is the audio , i`m using VoodoHDA but some times its desynchronize the audio to the voice/video and when i volume up it make a unexpected noise , so not working fine.

Thanks again every body that helped to make this awesome build .

any suggestions for the audio  :D   

Hi, it's the first time I try to install a Hacintosh on my Desktop PC. Unfortunately I'm from China, where the internet is soooo {censored}ed up. I've tried several times to download the attached files, but they are always broken...Would you please send me an email with those necessary files attached?

BTY, I'd appreciate it if u can take a look at my hardware to see if it's compatible.

CPU:Ryzen 1700

MotherBoard: ASRock AB350-ITX

GPU:Nvidia GTX 1070 FE

Thanks a lot.

Update: Somehow it works! :P I'm following the steps now, hope everything goes well.

And, thank you for your work.

I'm stuck with "Open the Pandora Installer and merge the usr files from install packet".

I can't see the folder "Standalone" in root folder of Pandora Installer, and actually I don't have "usr" in clover Ryzen Essentials.

Should I use "Ryzen USB Installer Essentials V3.0/CloverCD/usr (for USB Installer only, or legacy clover)"? And which folder should I merge it with?

Thanks.

post-2251699-301667_thumb.png

Hi guys, just a quick status and a question.

I have macOS 10.12.6 running on my GA AB350N Rysen 7 1700X system.   I have created several bootable  drives using the Gigamaxx Clone Edit process, the AMD-OSX,com USB installer, and raw editing of a Clone swapping in the kernel and fixing the few thing that popped out.

The main thing that I am missing is HWMonitor for temps.  The current versions of CPUsensor cause boot problem (can’t).   Does anyone have a solution for monitoring the temps?

The other thing that does not work is the Bluetooth portion of my WiFi/BT BCM94360CS2 (MacBook Air card).

Posting here because the other AMD Risen threads do not have any activity.

Neil

Hi guys, just a quick status and a question.

I have macOS 10.12.6 running on my GA AB350N Rysen 7 1700X system.   I have created several bootable  drives using the Gigamaxx Clone Edit process, the AMD-OSX,com USB installer, and raw editing of a Clone swapping in the kernel and fixing the few thing that popped out.

The main thing that I am missing is HWMonitor for temps.  The current versions of CPUsensor cause boot problem (can’t).   Does anyone have a solution for monitoring the temps?

The other thing that does not work is the Bluetooth portion of my WiFi/BT BCM94360CS2 (MacBook Air card).

Posting here because the other AMD Risen threads do not have any activity.

Neil

The HW monitors have not worked for Sierra and AMD Polaris cards and above. You can't monitor temps but there is "AutoWattMan" built into the drivers to regulate temps, fans etc... these work well on most cards. If you run a benchmark like Uningine or Luxmark you should hear your fans spin up and then slow after the bench is completed.

Bluetooth with the Broadcom seems elusive, bbmatias got a USB bluetooth to work but after a USB fix it no longer functions.      It may be a kernel extension issue.

post-1753549-0-84026800-1505844927_thumb.png

Hello Giga,

i followed your steps (i think i not miss anythink),

but on my installed osx 10.12.6 i'm not shown the Ryzen. Yet the system knows the busratio. 

I need help here.. 

Thank you very much for your work! 

Do you mean the name is Unknown?    For setting busratio to match your system you need to know the frequency 3.0GHz-4.0GHz and apply it in clover boot manager screen.    I think the default or the clover folders I provided have it set to 36 or 3.6GHz.      

It only shows: Processor: 3,6 Ghz Unkown

If it's showing as Unknown then navigate to System\Library\PrivateFrameworks\AppleSystemInfo.framework\Versions\A\Resources\English.lproj and open up AppleSystemInfo.strings in TextWrangler. This app is on the App Store. Find the following and change it to what you want.

<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
	<string>Unknown</string>

Change Unknown on the bottom to match your CPU.

• Like 2

I'm stuck with "Open the Pandora Installer and merge the usr files from install packet".

I can't see the folder "Standalone" in root folder of Pandora Installer, and actually I don't have "usr" in clover Ryzen Essentials.

Should I use "Ryzen USB Installer Essentials V3.0/CloverCD/usr (for USB Installer only, or legacy clover)"? And which folder should I merge it with?

Thanks.

The USB installer has problems for Sierra 12.6 it will work for 12.4-12.5 but not for 12.6.

Can you make a copy of Sierra form a Mac or working hackintosh? I use a USB to Sata adapter and load the software onto a fresh formatted disk. If you can make a copy or clone the working sierra you can follow page 2 " disk edit" procedure and it should work.

The USB installer has problems for Sierra 12.6 it will work for 12.4-12.5 but not for 12.6.

Can you make a copy of Sierra form a Mac or working hackintosh? I use a USB to Sata adapter and load the software onto a fresh formatted disk. If you can make a copy or clone the working sierra you can follow page 2 " disk edit" procedure and it should work.

I got a VMware Workstation running OS X 10.11, I downloaded Sierra 10.12.6 from App Store...how to download Sierra 10.12.5 from the App Store? Or, can I use a 10.12.5 dmg file to finish the first step?

And if not possible, do you think it's a good idea to wait for High Sierra?

I got a VMware Workstation running OS X 10.11, I downloaded Sierra 10.12.6 from App Store...how to download Sierra 10.12.5 from the App Store? Or, can I use a 10.12.5 dmg file to finish the first step?

And if not possible, do you think it's a good idea to wait for High Sierra?

12.5 should work for the installer, I'm not sure about vm methods. Can you load the 12.6 onto a new disk and do the edit or step two. You don't need to make a USB installer if you can get Sierra on a disk.

High Sierra on AMD CPU may not happen for a while, try to get Sierra working, and make copies before updating.

Hi All,

I have a successful build with the AMD Ryzen 1800X, Asus CrossHair Here VI and AMD RX580. However, the computer randomly reboots every 5-15 mins. Does anyone else faces the same issue?

Are you booting in verbose mode??If you are don't

Hello everyone! First sorry for my very bad english, I installed Sierra 10.12.6 on my Ryzen 5 1600 System with a GT 730 1GB DDR3 video card, my Mother Boar is an Asus PRIME X370-A I decided tell you my experience, so when I finished the installation I changed the system definition because with Mac Pro 6,1 the GT 730 showed 0Mb in About my Mac, The USB ports were not recognized until I Installed the USB kext in Clover kext folder on S/L/E by KextWizzard,but my strongest problem was after this change because my system restart randomly after that.

Also I can't fix my Audio (ALC887-VD2)I have read solutions in the fórum  but for Intel based systems  so if you can help me I would appreciate it.