Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Okay will do thanks! I will post my results.

In Clover changing your smbios to 14,2 is changing your device from the selecting menu the one with the wizard wand?

I checked the following.

1. Graphic section had nothing selected.

2. The emuvariableuefi-64.efi was installed

3. Change the smbios section by selecting 14,2 from the menu Wizard Wand thingy. lol

Update:

I booted the PC and it said this version of Mac is not supported on this platform. XD

Thats weird it should have worked lol

yea I know i

Thats weird it should have worked lo

Yea I know it is odd, I am trying to see if there is a way to bypass that during the boot section. Maybe I can use my USB stick to load into it.

You should make a YouTube video how you did that. XD I also have a vmware mac that I run maybe I can load the drive there to modify it. 

Yea not sure I will try a few times and see. 

http://cdn.overclock.net/1/14/900x900px-LL-141a141f_2017-09-0909-05-41-442.jpeg

that is what I get there. 

Update:

Something cross my mind. I think I may had choose the wrong unit in there. Going to try a different unit. \

Update 2:

YUP! I had the wrong unit. HOLY MOTHER OF EARTH! IT LOOKS AMAZING NOW! DUAL MONITOR BABY! 

After you installed nvidia web drivers did you boot with inject web ?? Also did you install emuvariableuefi-64 in clover?

You only need to not select anything to install drivers after that Inject nvidia web

I selected Laptop Pro 14,2 not iMac. I was here thinking like okay if I was to run such of a system which unit will have the configuration this pc has in reality. Then it hit me. XD

Update:

Now to deal with the audio. Onboard I have to figure out what chip this motherboard has. ASUS Crosshair VI Hero AM4 and USB I have a Focurite Scarlett 2i2. 

Update 2:

On-board sound card seems to be working fine at 2CH 32-Bit Integer 192.0 kHz

Now to try get Focurite Scarlet Set with audio too. =)

I selected Laptop Pro 14,2 not iMac. I was here thinking like okay if I was to run such of a system which unit will have the configuration this pc has in reality. Then it hit me. XD

Update:

Now to deal with the audio. Onboard I have to figure out what chip this motherboard has. ASUS Crosshair VI Hero AM4 and USB I have a Focurite Scarlett 2i2.

You got it to work? I use USB to audio I couldn't find a driver for mine... Plug and play

You got it to work? I use USB to audio I couldn't find a driver for mine... Plug and play

Oh yea, I started playing music and it was choppy so I started configuring the audio stream on it and got it max it can go and it was happy. That is for on-board sound from the motherboard. Now I have no audio for the external audio interface that is my important one for my digital audio workstation software. 

Update:

1. For some reason I can't get my Focurite Scarlett to work is all choppy.

2. I can't get Front Panel to play well audio compare to the rear of the motherboard that runs pretty darn good. 

I guess more test done tomorrow but so far I am pretty happy with the setup. XD Thank you all for your help. Will continue to see how far I can get this set for Audio Recording. ;)

Try this kernel folder its the latest from Bronya, I'm getting Uningine to work and I'm also getting Audio (garbled ) through HDMI.    It may open up fixes for Audio and it wouldn't hurt to try with Nvidia web drivers if someone wants to test.

Geekbench list as 8cores 16 threads.

kernel_10.zip

Try this kernel folder its the latest from Bronya, I'm getting Uningine to work and I'm also getting Audio (garbled ) through HDMI. It may open up fixes for Audio and it wouldn't hurt to try with Nvidia web drivers if someone wants to test.

Geekbench list as 8cores 16 threads.

Thanks for the update this goes in just hard drive not cover right?

Sorry guys, but no one answered so I ask again...

Is there a solution to low performance on Nvidia series 10 cards on Ryzen?

And is there someone with iCloud perfectly working? (Siri for example)

Thanks

No solution for nvidia 10 graphics cards low performance and iCloud is a go no.

For nvidia web drivers

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325847-installing-nvidia-web-drivers-guide/?do=findComment&comment=2476064

For Internet wifi (tplink Ac 1300 pcie adapter)

Need to do this to make it work

Open your config.plist file

Locate the <key>KextsToPatch</key> section

Copy the following lines below between <array> and </array>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>TPLINK T6E PATCH</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

gflSqgAAdSk=

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

gflSqgAAZpA=

</data>

</dict>

Bluetooth adapter works out of box

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ZIILLI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

USB to audio works out of box

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012E4CUPC/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1504985256&sr=8-8-spell&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=usbto+audio

Audio USB Adapter, is there a difference between that one and a much higher end one when it comes to Mac Audio adapters? I was hopping I can get my Focusrite Scarlet working but it seems have issues and Kernel panic with low latency. The onboard audio card seems to build up to the point it causes an issues with the audio back play after a while and start causing static and delay etc.. 

No solution for nvidia 10 graphics cards low performance and iCloud is a go no.

Thanks for answering, it's really sad having such a powerful CPU with macos working only with partially working GPU accelleration...

Tell me about me about it I have a gtx 1080ti and performance is bad.... I ended up buying a rx 480

how was you testing the performance? I may not need such performance since I plan to use my system for Audio Production and some Video Editing. =)

I mean, I don't wanna game with it (it's impossible btw) I use macos for other stuff but when you see even finder's animations such as dock's folder opening losing lot of frames and windows moving with lag while scrolling on a recording or listening with garageband...

Thats bad... really bad!