Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

If I install HS on my MBP and clone the install to an SSD and modify the kernel files and install clover, it in theory should boot. Correct?

Yes, that’s how I did it the first time. Check to see if it’s In APFS mode you will need to add ApfsEFI to Clover Drivers64EFI folder.

What radeon cards are oob with Sierra high? With Lilu and whatever green of course

R9 280??

Vega 64?

R9 290?

All of those and RX 460-580 as well.

The Radeon Fury cards have their own 9300Controllerkext but we can't get them working with the 5000kext.

For my Gigabyte AX370 gaming 5k he Audio is the same ALC1220, but the fixes are for Intel and their boards.

I’ve tried the AppleALC fix, the CloverHDMIAudio commands etc, and the voodoo is the only one that seems to work. Unfortunately vCard HDMI does not work it shows up as 4-6 options but does not function. Most of these other fixes are for z200, z170 boards and they don’t align with the x370, 350 boards. The Sabrient USB dongle (Silver) works OOB and is relatively inexpensive for an audio fix.

@Neil43. Try PCI tab and search out the main board audio code.

Here are some mods I tried on my Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3. 

1. I changed AZAL to HDEF in DSDT and defined codec.

Device (HDEF)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0x03)  // _ADR: Address
                    Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
                    {
                        Return (Package (0x02)
                        {
                            0x0D, 
                            0x05
                        })
                    }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03                                           
                            })
                        }

Return (Package (0x10)
                        {
                            "AAPL,slot-name", 
                            Buffer (0x09)
                            {
                                "Built in"
                            }, 

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                            }, 

"codec-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x20, 0x12, 0xEC, 0x10                         
                            }, 

"model", 
                            Buffer (0x10)
                            {
                                "Realtek ALC1220"
                            }, 

"name", 
                            Buffer (0x10)
                            {
                                "Realtek ALC1220"
                            }, 

"device_type", 
                            Buffer (0x11)
                            {
                                "Audio Controller"
                            }, 

"built-in", 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x00                                           
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        })
                    }
                }

2. Forcing the HDAController to look for the AMD controller (1022 1457) instead of the intel one (8086 a170) in config.plist.

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Audio Controller intel to amd - vendor and devID</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				hoBwoQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDAController</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				IhBXFA==
				</data>
			</dict>

I can now see : IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/GP18@8,1/IOPP/HDEF@0,3/AppleHDAController@0,3

However the codec and following classes are not attached.

3. Extracted patches from AppleALC.kext and modded AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver info.plist and replaced layout7 and Platforms in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/. 

AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver info.plist:

<dict>
					<key>AFGLowPowerState</key>
					<data>
					MDMwMDAwMDA=
					</data>
					<key>CodecID</key>
					<integer>283906592</integer>
					<key>ConfigData</key>
					<data>
					AUccEAFHHUABRx4RAUcfAQFXHCABVx0QAVce
					AQFXHwEBZxwwAWcdYAFnHgEBZx8BAXccQAF3
					HSABdx4BAXcfAQGHHFABhx2QAYceoAGHH5AB
					lxxgAZcdkAGXHoEBlx8CAacccAGnHTABpx6B
					AacfAQG3HIABtx1AAbceIQG3HwIB5xyQAecd
					YAHnHkUB5x8BAUcMAg==
					</data>
					<key>FuncGroup</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>LayoutID</key>
					<integer>7</integer>
				</dict>

Unfortunately,no IOHDACodecDriver.. 

4. Forcing the ALC1220 with clover doesn't work as well. 

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1220</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ixnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				IBLsEA==
				</data>
			</dict>
  • Like 1

Okay nice I sold my rx 480 looking to downgrade since I don't use intensive gpu apps I'm thinking r9 280 for 80 lol

What would you recommend? Rd 460?

If you can find a RX 460, its about as good as a R0 270x but only 75 watts vs. 180watts for the R9 series..    Gigabyte or sapphire are the best.    For any of the Polaris 11 RX 460-560 models stay away from XFX for these it may have a bios that doesn't work.    I picked dup one a few months back but returned it ad Asus RX 460 4gb, worked great.   I have a RX 460 Gigabyte 4g that has been working for over a year in Sierra and now in HS.    Its always worked trouble free, smooth as butter.

• Like 1

Here are some mods I tried on my Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3. 

1. I changed AZAL to HDEF in DSDT and defined codec.

Device (HDEF)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0x03)  // _ADR: Address
                    Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
                    {
                        Return (Package (0x02)
                        {
                            0x0D, 
                            0x05
                        })
                    }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03                                           
                            })
                        }

Return (Package (0x10)
                        {
                            "AAPL,slot-name", 
                            Buffer (0x09)
                            {
                                "Built in"
                            }, 

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                            }, 

"codec-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x20, 0x12, 0xEC, 0x10                         
                            }, 

"model", 
                            Buffer (0x10)
                            {
                                "Realtek ALC1220"
                            }, 

"name", 
                            Buffer (0x10)
                            {
                                "Realtek ALC1220"
                            }, 

"device_type", 
                            Buffer (0x11)
                            {
                                "Audio Controller"
                            }, 

"built-in", 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x00                                           
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        })
                    }
                }

2. Forcing the HDAController to look for the AMD controller (1022 1457) instead of the intel one (8086 a170) in config.plist.

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Audio Controller intel to amd - vendor and devID</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				hoBwoQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDAController</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				IhBXFA==
				</data>
			</dict>

I can now see : IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/GP18@8,1/IOPP/HDEF@0,3/AppleHDAController@0,3

However the codec and following classes are not attached.

3. Extracted patches from AppleALC.kext and modded AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver info.plist and replaced layout7 and Platforms in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/. 

AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver info.plist:

<dict>
					<key>AFGLowPowerState</key>
					<data>
					MDMwMDAwMDA=
					</data>
					<key>CodecID</key>
					<integer>283906592</integer>
					<key>ConfigData</key>
					<data>
					AUccEAFHHUABRx4RAUcfAQFXHCABVx0QAVce
					AQFXHwEBZxwwAWcdYAFnHgEBZx8BAXccQAF3
					HSABdx4BAXcfAQGHHFABhx2QAYceoAGHH5AB
					lxxgAZcdkAGXHoEBlx8CAacccAGnHTABpx6B
					AacfAQG3HIABtx1AAbceIQG3HwIB5xyQAecd
					YAHnHkUB5x8BAUcMAg==
					</data>
					<key>FuncGroup</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>LayoutID</key>
					<integer>7</integer>
				</dict>

Unfortunately,no IOHDACodecDriver.. 

4. Forcing the ALC1220 with clover doesn't work as well. 

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1220</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ixnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				IBLsEA==
				</data>
			</dict>

Its ALC1220 codec, I have the same on my AX370 board.    Have you tried voodoohadkext?    

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

VoodooHDA is working well. I was just exploring to get native support for that codec. 

Forget it.  I tried all you tried.  AppleHDA on AMD motherboard is no go.  AZAL codec lives at a different address from HDEF.  Apple kext binary need to be patched.

• Like 1

Hello, I have been trying to install the Mac OS High Seirra 10.13 on my AMD machine for more than 2 weeks, but unable to do so. Now I have downloaded the Seirra 10.12.6 DMG file and want to install it on my system. Is your above tutorial will work with my system? Or is there any better solution? Honestly I am feeling really tired and will love some concrete help after trying for last couple of weeks without getting to do it :-(

Hello, I have been trying to install the Mac OS High Seirra 10.13 on my AMD machine for more than 2 weeks, but unable to do so. Now I have downloaded the Seirra 10.12.6 DMG file and want to install it on my system. Is your above tutorial will work with my system? Or is there any better solution? Honestly I am feeling really tired and will love some concrete help after trying for last couple of weeks without getting to do it :-(

Do you have access to a Mac ??? And or a intel Pc ???

Do you have access to a Mac ??? And or a intel Pc ???

I have access to Intel PC with i3 1st generation process and Gigabyte Motherboard; also on my AMD PC of course. Sorry no mac, I requested my brother-in-law to download the DMG for me. Can you please please help????

VoodooHDA is working well. I was just exploring to get native support for that codec. 

Cool, with voodoo are you getting any pathway hints for the audio codec? Try and find their way around to maybe apply towards your tests.

It’s fun to poke around a little.

I have access to Intel PC with i3 1st generation process and Gigabyte Motherboard; also on my AMD PC of course. Sorry no mac, I requested my brother-in-law to download the DMG for me. Can you please please help????

(Pretend you don’t have your amd machine for now lol) If your brother in law is willing to help you and you have a extra usb thumb drive ask him, or help him create a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 installer ( Sierra high it’s a bit trickier) once he creates go back to your intel machine and install Mac OS Sierra on it ( in the desired hard drive) it’s really easy to install on intel. Once your done installing on your intel machine ( you need the Mac to make the disk edits and install clover) i use a sata to usb dock makes thinks easier for me

Once your done with disk edit boot to your amd machine and it should boot up

What graphics card do you have?!

(Pretend you don’t have your amd machine for now lol) If your brother in law is willing to help you and you have a extra usb thumb drive ask him, or help him create a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 installer ( Sierra high it’s a bit trickier) once he creates go back to your intel machine and install Mac OS Sierra on it ( in the desired hard drive) it’s really easy to install on intel. Once your done installing on your intel machine ( you need the Mac to make the disk edits and install clover) i use a sata to usb dock makes thinks easier for me

Once your done with disk edit boot to your amd machine and it should boot up

What graphics card do you have?!

I have Asus Nvidia GeForce GT 740 graphics card and Gigabyte GA-H553-S2H motherboard with my i-3 530 1st Gen CPU. I asked by brother-in-law, he is getting the Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 installer for me. Can you please give me 100% proven installation method or instructions to install Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 installer on my intel pc please. Also I tried to run the install of High Seirra 10.13 on my Intel PC, the keyboard and Mouse completely stops working when I get into Clover EFI Bootloader; could not turn any of them on. I really want to install the Mac OS on my AMD and installing the MAC OS on intel PC successfully helps me to run my AMD machine on Mac OS, I am willing to do it. Please help :-)

I have Asus Nvidia GeForce GT 740 graphics card and Gigabyte GA-H553-S2H motherboard with my i-3 530 1st Gen CPU. I asked by brother-in-law, he is getting the Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 installer for me. Can you please give me 100% proven installation method or instructions to install Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 installer on my intel pc please. Also I tried to run the install of High Seirra 10.13 on my Intel PC, the keyboard and Mouse completely stops working when I get into Clover EFI Bootloader; could not turn any of them on. I really want to install the Mac OS on my AMD and installing the MAC OS on intel PC successfully helps me to run my AMD machine on Mac OS, I am willing to do it. Please help :-)

i cant give you 100% full proof guide. Its super easy to install on mac on intel youtube it or google it!!

once you have it running on your intel machine you just need to so disk edits (with mac again) 

i cant give you 100% full proof guide. Its super easy to install on mac on intel youtube it or google it!!

once you have it running on your intel machine you just need to so disk edits (with mac again) 

I tried couple of times, but the major issue is that my keyboard and mouse don't work in the bootloader where I need to type -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No. I tried to find solution without any avail. Can you please suggest me to fix that?? I am using USB Mouse and Keyboard.

have you tried putting DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext or and GenericUSBXHCI.kext in clover /kext/10.3 or 10.2 depending what os you are using 

do you have a graphics card in the intel machine?? i use first option in (Clover) graphic settings and inject nvidia for example 

dont use front usb use back usb only for now 

On the Intel system you need to go to motherboard bios and adjust settings for OSX installer to work.

Super IO “Serial port” disable.

Sata mode = AHCI

XHCI handoff enabled

EHCI Handoff enabled

To get to motherboard bios hold delete key during a boot.

On the Intel system you need to go to motherboard bios and adjust settings for OSX installer to work.

Super IO “Serial port” disable.

Sata mode = AHCI

XHCI handoff enabled

EHCI Handoff enabled

To get to motherboard bios hold delete key during a boot.

I did them man. I enabled AHCI more and Serial Port 1 disbale; could not find XHCI Handoff or EHCI Handoff mode.

I did them man. I enabled AHCI more and Serial Port 1 disbale; could not find XHCI Handoff or EHCI Handoff mode.

Can you please give me zip file of EFI folder for 10.12.6 installation? It will be a big help. I will try to run with that and see if it works.

I am trying to Install macOS Sierra 12.6.03 on my Intel PC. Got the file, now making the OSX bootable USB drive using this method:

http://digimanx.com/how-to-make-mac-os-x-bootable-usb-drive-from-windows/

It will be big help if anyone can give me the zip of EFI file for this setup: Intel i3 530, Asus Nvidia GeForce GT 740 graphics card and Gigabyte GA-H553-S2H motherboard. Also please try to add fixes for no keyboard or mouse usage in the clover bootloader. Please guys help me out.