Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

No ****************************************************************** line after that?

If no line try reloading the kernel and prelinked kernel and use kext wizzard.

Yes there was no ************* line afterwards. I just saw that the BIN folder in the Clover directory is empty. In your first post was mentioned that the bin folder should be copied to the usr folder. I downloaded the package again and when I extract it the BIN folder is empty again. Might this be a problem?

@bbmatia3: I'm trying to install 10.12.6 on a 3.5" HDD 

Yes there was no ************* line afterwards. I just saw that the BIN folder in the Clover directory is empty. In your first post was mentioned that the bin folder should be copied to the usr folder. I downloaded the package again and when I extract it the BIN folder is empty again. Might this be a problem?

@bbmatia3: I'm trying to install 10.12.6 on a 3.5" HDD

USB installer for 10.12.6 is currently not working.

Your going to find a way to install mac os on a hard drive then do disk edits ( with a real mac or hackintosh)

I copied the installation to a 3,5" HDD and have the problems with this configuration. 

I just created another clean setup on another 3,5" HDD and this time it allows me to access the installation but as soon as I chose the language it asks me for an installation medium. The 3,5" HDD is the only device which is being recognized even though I have 3 HDD in the computer.

I copied the installation to a 3,5" HDD and have the problems with this configuration. 

I just created another clean setup on another 3,5" HDD and this time it allows me to access the installation but as soon as I chose the language it asks me for an installation medium. The 3,5" HDD is the only device which is being recognized even though I have 3 HDD in the computer.

Did you format the hdd drives? At installation screen you can select "utilities" in menu bar and then "disk utility" format and then should see it.

My setup:

Ryzen 7 - 1700, Gigabyte AB 350 Gaming 3, GTX 1060.

The motherboard has a ALC1220 Sound Chip, and a Realtek GBE Lan Chip

Notes:

Given that I had Sierra 10.12.6 - the USB method did not work so I had to get Sierra running under VMWARE Workstation (to perform the disk method). 

1) First thing I had to do was boot into apple recovery and disabled "SIP" using "crsutil disable".  
2) Download the latest Sierra Installer from the App Store (gave me 10.12.6)
3) Plugged in my SSD and mounted it as a physical disk under VMWARE (SATA-2)
4) Using Disk Utility, I initialized the drive in GPT mode, and created a HFS+ Partition (Journaled)
5) I ran the Sierra installer and pointed it to the new Drive - it rebooted and started installing
6) After installation was done, I installed "Updates" using the APP Store
7) I switched booting back to the main drive the "Startup Disk" application in System Preferences

7) After the rebooted to the main installation - I performed the "DISK EDIT" method which basically made me install clover on the secondary drive, overwrite the EFI folder on the secondary drive, overwrote the config.plist (made sure busratio value was correct) , copy over some files to the right folders (kernel, etc)

8) Copied over Kext Wizard, NVIDIA Web Installer (378.05.05.25f01), RealtekRTL8111.kext (version 2.2.1), Clover Installer (version r4148), VoodooHDA-2.9.0-Clover-V10,  Clover Configurator to the secondary drive (I just created a temporary folder),
9) Unplugged the SSD and moved it my other PC

10) Setup the BIOS settings (usb handoffs, disable serial port, disable CSM)

11) Booted to CLOVER
12) Installed NVIDIA Web Installer

13) Performed an upgrade on Clover (r4148)

14) Installed VoodooHDA
15) Ran kext wizard and had it install The RealtekRTL8111.kext, then rebuilt the kext cache
16) Went into network settings and deleted the ethernet interface (this will get recreated when the realtek kext kicks in)

17) Rebooted into clover, enabled verbose mode and let it bootup to the desktop
18) Clicked on the NVIDIA icon on the top right corner of the Menu Bar and selected "Web Drivers" and rebooted.

At this point, NVIDIA Web Drivers should be working, Network should be working, and Sound should start working if you select the right output device in the Voodoo applet.

My setup:

Notes:

Given that I had Sierra 10.12.6 - the USB method did not work so I had to get Sierra running under VMWARE Workstation (to perform the disk method). 

1) First thing I had to do was boot into apple recovery and disabled "SIP" using "crsutil disable".  

2) Download the latest Sierra Installer from the App Store (gave me 10.12.6)

3) Plugged in my SSD and mounted it as a physical disk under VMWARE (SATA-2)

4) Using Disk Utility, I initialized the drive in GPT mode, and created a HFS+ Partition (Journaled)

5) I ran the Sierra installer and pointed it to the new Drive - it rebooted and started installing

6) After installation was done, I installed "Updates" using the APP Store

7) I switched booting back to the main drive the "Startup Disk" application in System Preferences

7) After the rebooted to the main installation - I performed the "DISK EDIT" method which basically made me install clover on the secondary drive, overwrite the EFI folder on the secondary drive, overwrote the config.plist (made sure busratio value was correct) , copy over some files to the right folders (kernel, etc)

8) Copied over Kext Wizard, NVIDIA Web Installer (378.05.05.25f01), RealtekRTL8111.kext (version 2.2.1), Clover Installer (version r4148), VoodooHDA-2.9.0-Clover-V10,  Clover Configurator to the secondary drive (I just created a temporary folder),

9) Unplugged the SSD and moved it my other PC

10) Setup the BIOS settings (usb handoffs, disable serial port, disable CSM)

11) Booted to CLOVER

12) Installed NVIDIA Web Installer

13) Performed an upgrade on Clover (r4148)

14) Installed VoodooHDA

15) Ran kext wizard and had it install The RealtekRTL8111.kext, then rebuilt the kext cache

16) Went into network settings and deleted the ethernet interface (this will get recreated when the realtek kext kicks in)

17) Rebooted into clover, enabled verbose mode and let it bootup to the desktop

18) Clicked on the NVIDIA icon on the top right corner of the Menu Bar and selected "Web Drivers" and rebooted.

At this point, NVIDIA Web Drivers should be working, Network should be working, and Sound should start working if you select the right output device in the Voodoo applet.

Where did you find the serial port option ? I don't even see it in the manual guide. 

Did you format the hdd drives? At installation screen you can select "utilities" in menu bar and then "disk utility" format and then should see it.

It took some days until I found some time again. I tried to format my disks with the tool but it crashed at the end of each formatting.

I formatted the HDD on a macbook now but when I try to get to the setup I have no chance to get there anymore, it get's into Panic and reboots.

I followed your instructions with verbose / single mode / don't reboot on panic and this other setting which I forgot.

At the moment I'm getting one step closer so it doesn't stop after Entering single-user model but it stops after: 

Kext com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage is already loaded.

Kext com.apple.iokit.IOStoargeFamily is already loaded.

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleXsanScheme is already loaded.

which is the next step after entering single-user mode.

It took some days until I found some time again. I tried to format my disks with the tool but it crashed at the end of each formatting.

I formatted the HDD on a macbook now but when I try to get to the setup I have no chance to get there anymore, it get's into Panic and reboots.

I followed your instructions with verbose / single mode / don't reboot on panic and this other setting which I forgot.

At the moment I'm getting one step closer so it doesn't stop after Entering single-user model but it stops after: 

Kext com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage is already loaded.

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleXsanScheme is already loaded.

which is the next step after entering single-user mode.

Try verbose and safe mode then a normal boot.

Hello guys! I have an issue when installing Hack. After booting from flash drive and making some tunings in Clover menu i press return and boot from Clover. At this moment an 0x7 error is appear. How to fix it? Thanks for your time :)

My config is:

AMD Ryzen 1700

ASUS Prime b350 Plus

Gigabyte GeForce GT1030

Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB

Hello guys! I have an issue when installing Hack. After booting from flash drive and making some tunings in Clover menu i press return and boot from Clover. At this moment an 0x7 error is appear. How to fix it? Thanks for your time :)

My config is:

AMD Ryzen 1700

ASUS Prime b350 Plus

Gigabyte GeForce GT1030

Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB

10.12.6 USB ryzen installer is not working at the moment!! As far as I know .......

You will need to do another method to install

Quick question, doing a new install and when I boot to install the OS the USB 3.0 and 2.0 are not working on the ASUS Crosshair VI Hero AM4 motherboard. What am I missing?

For 10.12.5 in assuming? My front panel USB ports don't work, also back USB 2.0 don't work. It has to be in the back

For 10.12.5 in assuming? My front panel USB ports don't work, also back USB 2.0 don't work. It has to be in the back

It is 10.12.6 and I going to see what file handles the USB controller since I am not getting USB 2.0 or 3.0 working yet. 

My setup:

8) Copied over Kext Wizard, NVIDIA Web Installer (378.05.05.25f01), RealtekRTL8111.kext (version 2.2.1), Clover Installer (version r4148), VoodooHDA-2.9.0-Clover-V10,  Clover Configurator to the secondary drive (I just created a temporary folder)

Hi,

I have the Gaming 3 with 1600 and GTX 1050 TI. Can you provide some more detail on these two steps?

Thanks.

Hi guys ,

Thanks for the great work

if you guys could help me ... 

I'm trying to instal Sierra OS X 10.12.5 usb that I generated using the youtube guide only changes that I made was change the fakeSMC on clover ext folder and using the new clover boot , because the one I'm the guide was getting me stuck on protocol error USB 03.10..

and now I'm getting this and I don't know how I can get pass it 

and it get stuck in the screen at the end 

my setup is :

motherboard : Asus Prime b350-Plus 

cpu : Ryzen 1700x

memory : 32gb 2133 mhz

Gpu : Gtx 1080 ti 11GB - pny

ssd : 480gb sandisk 

Ok I got the OS, Ethernet and sound working but can't get my GTX 1050 TI to work. When I click the NVidia icon in the top right to switch over to it, it'll reboot and then I get "Prohibitory symbol". I installed 378.05.05.25f01 web driver.

still stuck in the same part , my bussratio is set to 36 is that fine ?

Busratio=36 is fine if your bios and CPU are set for it. If it's set in bios at 30 change the bootscreen.

It's very strange because you are very close and the boot progress bar when it appears a second time usually means it's booted.

Have toy waited a little and tried different ports on the card?

• Like 1

Ok I got the OS, Ethernet and sound working but can't get my GTX 1050 TI to work. When I click the NVidia icon in the top right to switch over to it, it'll reboot and then I get "Prohibitory symbol". I installed 378.05.05.25f01 web driver.

Try this guide

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325847-installing-nvidia-web-drivers-guide/?do=findComment&comment=2476064

Did you try to enable it? Like I mentioned?

I installed EmuVariableUefi-64 and made sure Nvidia web driver was checked in clover configuration.

EDIT: SMBIOS shows as MacPro6,1 in boot manager. How do I change it?

EDIT2: I changed some numbers in the SMBIOS using this as a guide and got dual screens but no login screen. What are all the numbers I need on clover boot manager?

Never mind, disconnecting the second monitor shows login screen.

post-395632-0-33108500-1504909081_thumb.jpg