Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

I was planning to go with the i9-9900K or the i7-8700K but decided to try and push an update to my system and get it to 10.13.6 first and see if that will work for me. Since prices are still pretty high hand I already have a very powerful system might as well give that a shot. 

3 hours ago, ITAngel said:

I was planning to go with the i9-9900K or the i7-8700K but decided to try and push an update to my system and get it to 10.13.6 first and see if that will work for me. Since prices are still pretty high hand I already have a very powerful system might as well give that a shot. 

There is a new kernel and more support.   Check out this site a lot of people here are there and have a lot of solutions.  I just fixed audio on this link.   I did USB as well on another drive.   They have a method for updates using terminal commands.

https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4880#p41693

19 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

There is a new kernel and more support.   Check out this site a lot of people here are there and have a lot of solutions.  I just fixed audio on this link.   I did USB as well on another drive.   They have a method for updates using terminal commands.

https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4880#p41693

Ohhh Thank You! so much Gigamaxx. I will check it out and get taht going. I was able to install 10.13.6 but I can't boot to it without using the USB from 10.13.3. Is there a guide or video were it show someone updating to that version on AMD? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, ITAngel said:

Ohhh Thank You! so much Gigamaxx. I will check it out and get taht going. I was able to install 10.13.6 but I can't boot to it without using the USB from 10.13.3. Is there a guide or video were it show someone updating to that version on AMD? Thanks in advance!

If you boot up into 13.6 you can use clover configurator or EFIMounter to mount the EFi of the 13.6 drive.   Then mount the EFI of the USB and drag the USB EFi folder to the 13.6 EFi folder to replace it.   **** Make sure you know which is which by clearly naming each one ,

3 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

If you boot up into 13.6 you can use clover configurator or EFIMounter to mount the EFi of the 13.6 drive.   Then mount the EFI of the USB and drag the USB EFi folder to the 13.6 EFi folder to replace it.   **** Make sure you know which is which by clearly naming each one ,

I did a similar thing by mountain the system EFI under Clover and going into the drive since I have all of them displayed on the desktop. Then replacing it with the one from my USB by dragging it over. However that didn't seems to work. Is it because I never mounted the USB in Clover as well? Also the way I did the update was using this site here and the files provided. 

http://techhowdy.com/directly-update-hackintosh-macos-sierra-to-high-sierra-10-13-6/

In the end I was force to do the update from Apple window updater, and during reboot it installed the software which is after I ran into issues. I needed my USB drive to get back into the OS. Right now I just did a fresh installed as is finishing atm. Which way is best to do the 10.13.6 update? 

I tried the audio thing but is not working. Sound amazing for a while the onboard sound but then if you use the volume botton up and down to much it will cut the audio and you are dead in the water with no sound. A reboot is the only thing that I know will bring it back if you don't touch that audio volume up and down. Other than that my Focurite Scarlett 2i2 which supposed to be supported by Mac dose not work. little by little is forcing me to go Intel just to see if all these issues go away. I had the same issues on the Ryzen 1700 Platform at the time and didn't get fixed. Even when I change the MIDI kHz. 

Not sure what to do here atm. =/

• 6 months later...

Hey it’s 2019 and I thought I give Ryzen hackintosh again I stumbled across this video and it was super easy to install. Haven’t tested iMessage yet 

windows method 

mac method 

Edited by bbmatias3

Thanks for help Shaneee!! i got everything to work on my ryzen build , i message works! im surprised how easy it is to install compared to first tutorials that came out

i have the efi that works for mojave 

cant seem to find the one for high Sierra 

Keep getting stuck on end random seed ++++++++++

any idea?

Fixed: I was using the wrong version of high Sierra 

Edited by bbmatias3
  • Like 2