Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

I installed EmuVariableUefi-64 and made sure Nvidia web driver was checked in clover configuration.

EDIT: SMBIOS shows as MacPro6,1 in boot manager. How do I change it?

EDIT2: I changed some numbers in the SMBIOS using this as a guide and got dual screens but no login screen. What are all the numbers I need on clover boot manager?

Never mind, disconnecting the second monitor shows login screen.

Cool it worked? I use 14,2 smbios

Busratio=36 is fine if your bios and CPU are set for it. If it's set in bios at 30 change the bootscreen.

It's very strange because you are very close and the boot progress bar when it appears a second time usually means it's booted.

Have toy waited a little and tried different ports on the card?

hi , I'm back so ..

I tried changing ports and also changed the graphics card to a older one that I have (GTX 460) same problem ... so I leaved the computer in that screen for like 1hour+ still the same.

hi , I'm back so ..

I tried changing ports and also changed the graphics card to a older one that I have (GTX 460) same problem ... so I leaved the computer in that screen for like 1hour+ still the same.

Have you tried the first boot single user mode?

Hit space bar once choose verbose, single user, don't reboot on panic, keep symbols and debug.

It should stop at root# type in " mount -uw" Without " " marks.

At root# " fsck -fy" no " "

At root# "exit".

After this try a normal boot.

• Like 1

hi ,

still don't pass the apple logo with the reseted load bar.

I tried to change the USB port to the installer ... nothing 

the fsck -fy went with no error .

hi ,

still don't pass the apple logo with the reseted load bar.

I tried to change the USB port to the installer ... nothing 

the fsck -fy went with no error .

With the GTX 460 have you tried inject Nvidia?

Okay I got Sierra installed now and it can boot. So my next question going to be;

1. What are the best NVIDIA Web drivers that I can use now? I am currently running a GALAX GTX 1070 Hall of Fame edition card.

2. What are the best Network drivers for ASUS Crosshair VI Hero AM4 motherboard?

I figure I can start with those and then work my way to other things. Thanks in Advance!

Okay I got Sierra installed now and it can boot. So my next question going to be;

1. What are the best NVIDIA Web drivers that I can use now? I am currently running a GALAX GTX 1070 Hall of Fame edition card.

2. What are the best Network drivers for ASUS Crosshair VI Hero AM4 motherboard?

I figure I can start with those and then work my way to other things. Thanks in Advance!

Intel i211 AT ethernet?    AppleIGBKext, but its is buggy.    

I have a couple of these they dual boot into windows, and also work I Linux.   Same price range  but less heat and probably more durable.    I think bbmatias3 has abetter one with high frequencies.    For the long term I would go with a PCI wifi adapter.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/383917/TL-WDN4800_N900_Wireless_Dual_Band_PCI_Express_Adapter

I have a couple of these they dual boot into windows, and also work I Linux.   Same price range  but less heat and probably more durable.    I think bbmatias3 has abetter one with high frequencies.    For the long term I would go with a PCI wifi adapter.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/383917/TL-WDN4800_N900_Wireless_Dual_Band_PCI_Express_Adapter

Nice, I will check that out. I may have a wireless adapter in a box somewhere here too that I can test. Also I have a wireless apple keyboard and mouse that is bluetooth. Will this adapter work here? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-bluetooth-4-0-usb-adapter-black/4884001.p?skuId=4884001

For nvidia web drivers

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325847-installing-nvidia-web-drivers-guide/?do=findComment&comment=2476064

For Internet wifi (tplink Ac 1300 pcie adapter)

Need to do this to make it work

Open your config.plist file

Locate the <key>KextsToPatch</key> section

Copy the following lines below between <array> and </array>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>TPLINK T6E PATCH</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

gflSqgAAdSk=

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

gflSqgAAZpA=

</data>

</dict>

Bluetooth adapter works out of box

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ZIILLI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

USB to audio works out of box

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012E4CUPC/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1504985256&sr=8-8-spell&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=usbto+audio

Thanks guys for he great info. Do you guys think I should trade or sell off my GALAX GTX 1070 HOF graphic card and get a VEGA 56/64 card? Or grab a RX 

XFX - AMD Radeon RX 560 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black or XFX - AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black

What you guys recommend?

XFX RX 470-580 work in mackintosh but the XFX RX 460-560 versions don't for some reason.     It's probably a bios issue.    Gigabyte, Sapphire, and Asus RX 460 work great.    There are some RX 470 models out there on clearance for about $200 which will beat the 550-560 series hands down.

I have a Vega but until we get a kernel for High Sierra it wont work.

If you can find a used R9 270-280 they work pretty well.

I see would be nice if we knew if NVIDIA drivers for the 10 series cards were coming out. I got the Ethernet working so far and USB 3.0 plus USB 2.0 front and back. I have to test next Audio, but the graphics are making it hard for me to use the browser well enough with my GPU. I have some NVIDIA drivers installed but they are not booting up when I select them. I just get a black screen when I boot up the OS. 

I see would be nice if we knew if NVIDIA drivers for the 10 series cards were coming out. I got the Ethernet working so far and USB 3.0 plus USB 2.0 front and back. I have to test next Audio, but the graphics are making it hard for me to use the browser well enough with my GPU. I have some NVIDIA drivers installed but they are not booting up when I select them. I just get a black screen when I boot up the OS. 

Check a couple pages back.

Change smbios to 14,2 and read my guide few post back

Change smbios to 14,2 and read my guide few post back

Okay will do thanks! I will post my results. 

In Clover changing your smbios to 14,2 is changing your device from the selecting menu the one with the wizard wand? 

I checked the following.

1. Graphic section had nothing selected.

2. The emuvariableuefi-64.efi was installed

3. Change the smbios section by selecting 14,2 from the menu Wizard Wand thingy. lol 

Update:

I booted the PC and it said this version of Mac is not supported on this platform. XD