Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! First sorry for my very bad english, I installed Sierra 10.12.6 on my Ryzen 5 1600 System with a GT 730 1GB DDR3 video card, my Mother Boar is an Asus PRIME X370-A I decided tell you my experience, so when I finished the installation I changed the system definition because with Mac Pro 6,1 the GT 730 showed 0Mb in About my Mac, The USB ports were not recognized until I Installed the USB kext in Clover kext folder on S/L/E by KextWizzard,but my strongest problem was after this change because my system restart randomly after that.

Also I can't fix my Audio (ALC887-VD2)I have read solutions in the fórum but for Intel based systems so if you can help me I would appreciate it.

I would remove the kext maybe that's why it's rebooting and just buy a usb to audio it will save you lots of time

• Like 1

Thankyou.

but... if I remove the USB kext I only have Two ports working so I don't know how fix this.

There is a fix in a earlier post it will disable Bluetooth usb adapter. It cause kernal panic after this fix I had to replace kernal and prekernal because it would boot

• Like 1

There is a fix in a earlier post it will disable Bluetooth usb adapter. It cause kernal panic after this fix I had to replace kernal and prekernal because it would boot

Thank you I could fix the USB ports now all are working (more or less), I only removed the Dummy but now on 'System Information' shows 'No information found' but ports are working.. I'm assembling my system yet so for now this is working well (without audio :( until I buy the USB audio card).

https://imgur.com/a/iyN9Z

Hi, I'd like to consult some basic knowledge about system booting..cause I don't know how to google it :(

My disk is parted like the image attached. The first partition is a 200MB ESP partition and I've installed MacOS 10.12.6 on the 2rd 100 GB partition(the one without label).

I'd like to configure clover to boot both MacOS and Windows 10, but I don't know how to backup the Windows boot settings. Is it enough to backup the EFI folder created by Windows in the ESP partition?

BTW, do you have any idea where I can find the mechanism of system booting? I'd appreciate it if you can post a link or something.

I'm sorry if this is a lame question...English is not my native language, so I have trouble finding answers from google.

Thanks.

post-2251699-0-01307000-1506435060_thumb.png

Hi, I'd like to consult some basic knowledge about system booting..cause I don't know how to google it :(

My disk is parted like the image attached. The first partition is a 200MB ESP partition and I've installed MacOS 10.12.6 on the 2rd 100 GB partition(the one without label).

I'd like to configure clover to boot both MacOS and Windows 10, but I don't know how to backup the Windows boot settings. Is it enough to backup the EFI folder created by Windows in the ESP partition?

BTW, do you have any idea where I can find the mechanism of system booting? I'd appreciate it if you can post a link or something.

I'm sorry if this is a lame question...English is not my native language, so I have trouble finding answers from google.

Thanks.

I would just install in a another hard drive.... 10.12.6 installer is not working at the moment your going to have to find another way check back a few post

Only the Microsoft folder is from my W10 EFI. Everything else is from Clover.

Hi, I tried to make my ESP partition just like yours, but the system won't boot from clover, instead, it entered windows directly. I've tried every option in boot list, but none is working.

Can I boot from clover simply using the EFI folder created by clover, and put Microsoft folder into it? And how, if possible? 

Thanks.

When I try to boot first time from USB it always gets stuck at this point, how to fix it?

Edit: now I have the problem in the video

Hit the space bar once and select verbose, single user, don't reboot on panic, keep symbols, and debug.   when it stops at root# type " mount -uw" without "" marks.   next root# "fsck -fy". next root# "exit".   after try a normal boot.

Hit the space bar once and select verbose, single user, don't reboot on panic, keep symbols, and debug.   when it stops at root# type " mount -uw" without "" marks.   next root# "fsck -fy". next root# "exit".   after try a normal boot.

No need anymore, finally got it working.

But now I'm on 10.12.5, can I safely update to 10.12.6 from the store?

No need anymore, finally got it working.

But now I'm on 10.12.5, can I safely update to 10.12.6 from the store?

It depends on your graphics card and drivers they may give you problems. Have you made a backup copy of your build disk yet?

Any news on ryzen Sierra high ???

Load a disk and have some fun!     Thought I posted here for you, maybe it got removed.   I stumbled into some incredibly lucky settings here and its unlocked!    I'm blowing the doors off of windows in benches.    This is my RX 480 beating the dickens out of all previous benches.

Hers the link for the kernel.   just add kernel and system kext.   I'll give you a prelinked kernel ad instructions when your ready.   

post-1753549-0-36946400-1507491077_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-35076300-1507491158_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-53550200-1507491193_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-23908400-1507491295_thumb.png

Load a disk and have some fun! Thought I posted here for you, maybe it got removed. I stumbled into some incredibly lucky settings here and its unlocked! I'm blowing the doors off of windows in benches. This is my RX 480 beating the dickens out of all previous benches.

Hers the link for the kernel. just add kernel and system kext. I'll give you a prelinked kernel ad instructions when your ready.

Thank you!! Rx 480 works oob???

I'm ready to try this

Try with only System kext and kernel. its linked non page 1.   Remove the prelinked kernel files and replace with my Prelinked kernel.   Follow the first boot method and see how it goes.    Heres my EFI folder use clover 4020 or newer, and replace config.plist. and theme folder.  just use the kext folder.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/page-1?do=findComment&comment=2466908

prelinkedkernel.zip

EFI.zip