Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Part 2 Continued Configuration.    This may work on cloned or fresh installs

Update:  Ryzen Patcher has been updated to use 16.5 kernel and added folders.    It will do step 2 Post USB disk edit automatically.  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwi75qqp28fUAhUC6WMKHTFwC44QFggpMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insanelymac.com%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F323547-ryzenpatcher-thread-for-channeling-info-about-updates%2F&usg=AFQjCNHjTptOLkfcT6eN9mh53RKq8Yz3OQ&sig2=gRwmwuddOQ_eA5rlqEWkeQ

After you have loaded Sierra on the disk drive using the USB installer, you need to connect the Ssd to a working Mac or Hackintosh and make the same edits to the disk. I updated the Essentials package and it contains USB files and Post instal files it will. Be labeled #2.5. For this disk edit section use the Post install folder in the essentials package.

I made a video for this edit but I'm waiting on YouTube to finish.    

I ran into an issue with the prelinked kernel install and tried booting and reached the familar error kernel failed to load (0x9). I repeated the edit dragging the prelinkedkernel to the trash and then it loaded the second time,I also replaced the kernel at the same time. I did a first boot method and just after waiting for the rebuilding of kernels my keyboard battery went out and I wasn't able to hit exit. It looked bad. I rebooted and adjusted busratio and hit enter. Apple pops progress bar progresses and then blam I'm in.

This is a good video for kernel placement/panic recovery. I had to cut it down a bit to get it to fit.

Stay tuned for more updates.        

From bbmatias3

if anyone needs help installing their nvidia web drivers this is how i did it. right after my fresh install, i booted via injection nvidia in the clover menu before boot(do not boot via nvidia web/ it will boot but drivers have not been installed) . once i logged into my mac the screen look all wrong. if you go to about mac it should say you have a couple mb under your graphics card. i decided to change my macs definition to imac 14,2. via clover configuration. then i decided to install the nvidia web drivers and kept getting this error that the installation failed. i have a gtx 1080ti so what i did is extract the web driver with Pacifist, put kexts in System/Library/Extentions and run KextUtility then run kextwizard reboot now you boot with (nvidia web via clover) you no longer need to inject nvidia. the resolution should be good.(nvidia control panel is not going to work) just reinstall web driver and reboot and it will work!!  

Thanks, bbmatias3  this will help.

Define external drivers as internal to fix yellow drive icons:   ADD this to KernelsandKextstopatch section in clover.

<dict>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
</dict>

Thanks from post #50  motoxnate

Update:   Here is the Sierra 12.6 kernel package.  kernel_ryzen_10.zip

Ryzen Disk Edit Essentials v3.0.zip

• Like 9

Nice guide, well done.

Q. Have you tried doing any "pro" level work on one? Say After Effects, Premiere Pro, AutoCad et al?

Pp works, knowing this soft app, it would be interesting to control it with a simple example, comparable to other system to evaluate its smooth operation.

774399Capturede769cran20170612a768140143

509130Capturede769cran20170612a768140817

• Like 3

Hi, Im sorry this is realy first time nub on a hackintosh,

I have followed your guide above, and clover boot screen works well,

but when I tried to get install, it's showing a white apple logo for a second then reboot,

another try it showed the cross circle.

am I missed something ??

Ryzen 1600

msi b350m pro vdh

gt 210

and Im using my macbook pro 5,5 (which is not support to install sierra) to make a bootable drive

is that matter ??

thanks for the helps,

I followed this guide along with the other long thread in this forum and managed to get my ryzen into macOS Sierra in the first try (first time ever even with Intel) so thank you very very much for the effort of making this guide!!

My system is based on an Asus Crosshair 6 Hero and the network chip is an Intel Gigabit i211. My most difficult hurdles where:

1-Long timeout before booting so every boot took about 5 minutes.

2. Getting Ethernet working. I installed the recommended kexts to no avail.

Both hurdles were solved by accident, turns out that having CSM off in the bios is a big deal. So if you have an Asus Crosshair turn off CSM compatibility before you do anything else.

• Like 1

Hi, Im sorry this is realy first time nub on a hackintosh,

I have followed your guide above, and clover boot screen works well,

but when I tried to get install, it's showing a white apple logo for a second then reboot,

another try it showed the cross circle.

am I missed something ??

Ryzen 1600

msi b350m pro vdh

gt 210

and Im using my macbook pro 5,5 (which is not support to install sierra) to make a bootable drive

is that matter ??

thanks for the helps,

Check to see the latest download and make sure to add one of the clover config.plists to the Clover EFI folder. It sounds like there is no config.plist.

I followed this guide along with the other long thread in this forum and managed to get my ryzen into macOS Sierra in the first try (first time ever even with Intel) so thank you very very much for the effort of making this guide!!

My system is based on an Asus Crosshair 6 Hero and the network chip is an Intel Gigabit i211. My most difficult hurdles where:

1-Long timeout before booting so every boot took about 5 minutes.

2. Getting Ethernet working. I installed the recommended kexts to no avail.

Both hurdles were solved by accident, turns out that having CSM off in the bios is a big deal. So if you have an Asus Crosshair turn off CSM compatibility before you do anything else.

After 3 consecutive successful installs I was hoping it would work, glad it does for others. If you can please post your system specs in your signature line maybe you can help someone else that has a similar build. Thanks for the feedback.

Add FakeSMCKext to System/Library/Extensions folder it should cut down on the 240 sec timeouts.

Im following the guide !!! 

The usb boot fine after long time , in the welcome screen i lost my usb mouse and keyboard but y move this to the dac usb ports and it work again.

at this moment is installing.

edit:

it finish the installation flawless and reboot , but when i tried to boot from HD , but it reset after load in the screen the ++++++++++++++++++++++

• Like 1

The usb boot fine after long time , in the welcome screen i lost my usb mouse and keyboard but y move this to the dac usb ports and it work again.

Keep us posted, thanks for feedback.

I updated the files for the Essentials package 3 times, and also the video.  If you haven't downloaded the latest version or downloaded yesterday please re download and watch the new video guide and check the new config.plist folder.    You need to select a config.plist and add it to the Clover EFi folder.      

Add fakeSMCkext to the System/Libraries/Extensions folder this will speed up the install and booting.   The update contains it.

So Again anyone that downloaded yesterday should update to the new version, and check back for updates or more guide support..

• Like 1

HW Monitors and HWsensors apps don't work yet, too early.    

I was trying HWP enable you need to set values but it crashed initially.    It would be nice if that could work for Ryzen to give power stepping functions.   Papiercul mentioned VoodooCstates working earlier on testing thread.   

edit:

it finish the installation flawless and reboot , but when i tried to boot from HD , but it reset after load in the screen the ++++++++++++++++++++++

Keep us posted, thanks for feedback.

I updated the files for the Essentials package 3 times, and also the video.  If you haven't downloaded the latest version or downloaded yesterday please re download and watch the new video guide and check the new config.plist folder.    You need to select a config.plist and add it to the Clover EFi folder.      

Add fakeSMCkext to the System/Libraries/Extensions folder this will speed up the install and booting.   The update contains it.

So Again anyone that downloaded yesterday should update to the new version, and check back for updates or more guide support..

Yes , i downloaded the files today, after begins the process.

it finish the installation flawless and reboot , but when i tried to boot from HD ( flags npci=0x3000 busratio 32 nv_disable=1 -v )

, but it reset the system after load the screen at this point  " ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "

Yes , i downloaded the files today, after begins the process.

it finish the installation flawless and reboot , but when i tried to boot from HD ( flags npci=0x3000 busratio 32 nv_disable=1 -v )

, but it reset the system after load the screen at this point  " ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "

Try again using first boot instructions.    Space bar, select verbose, single user, keep symbols,    If using a HDD not SSD try npci0x2000 busratio=32 only.     Clover is different for Nvidia try inject Nvidia only.

If it happens again reload kernel, the kernel isn't loading.   Use kext wizard before reboot,

• Like 1

Try again using first boot instructions.    Space bar, select verbose, single user, keep symbols,    If using a HDD not SSD try npci0x2000 busratio=32 only.     Clover is different for Nvidia try inject Nvidia only.

If it happens again reload kernel, the kernel isn't loading.   Use kext wizard before reboot,

I tried to use this flags and options but it reboots or give me this error :

2017_06_12_21_23_50.jpg

Also i tried whit a hd whit a fresh install os sierra 10.12.5 from a mac.. same reboot and error.

I tried to use this flags and options but it reboots or give me this error :

2017_06_12_21_23_50.jpg

Also i tried whit a hd whit a fresh install os sierra 10.12.5 from a mac.. same reboot and error.

yup, got the same problem here,...

have tried to replace the kernel and still got that,.

yup, got the same problem here,...

have tried to replace the kernel and still got that,.

Via Gigamaxx:

What boot args are you using?    

If you are using npci=0x3000 or 2000 and busratio=30, or 32, 34, 36 etc. and nothing else and still get this error then you may need to replace the kernel.

This is the kernel not loading, it can be from adding a boot argument or other configuration issue.

Use only npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000 use one not both and then also busratio=xx, hit the space bar and select verbose, single user, keep symbols, debug.

If you have done that and it doesn't work replace kernel.

Edit: I was just able to bypass this error:

On clover screen, go to Options and edit your busratio to match your GHz.. Ex 3.4GHz = 34 etc. We did this before.

On main clover screen hit the space bar and select verbose, single user, keep symbols, debug. I also used single user mode.

Likely your busratio is resetting to the wrong number (36 in my case)

yes.. i tried whit 32 , is the same i used t boot the usb installer, but it give me this error or reset.

I seem to be getting the same error actually. I can only boot if I select single user mode.

Even after I was able to get in using Single User mode I was soon faced with a kernel panic: http://imgur.com/a/22Qo1

I also noticed, after typing "exit" in SU mode, it paused for a short time and said "rebuilding prelinkedkernel" which we had replaced. Not sure if this is supposed to happen.

I seem to be getting the same error actually. I can only boot if I select single user mode.Even after I was able to get in using Single User mode I was soon faced with a kernel panic: http://imgur.com/a/22Qo1

I also noticed, after typing "exit" in SU mode, it paused for a short time and said "rebuilding prelinkedkernel" which we had replaced. Not sure if this is supposed to happen.

Yes, this is why we boot the first time with single user mode to rebuild the prelinkedkernel. Did you try reloading kernel? Don't forget kext wizzard!. Use SU on first boot.

Also, try changing ncpi=ox3000 to ncpi=ox2000, it may change things. HDD vs SSD?

I will try reloading the Kernel from another computer this evening, then will run Kext Wizard and boot to SU to rebuild prelinkedkernel, since I will have replaced it.

The strange this is so far neither Chameleon, Enoch, nor Clover have recognized my GPU or display :( They all use some weird low resolution