Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

If you go back a page it two I posted a EFI zip with the lilukext and Whatevergreenkext along with modified 9510 controllerkext and 4100kext. If you use these you should be able to get acceleration. Use kext wizzard after placing the kexts in System/Library/Extensions folder.

Gigamaxx, replaced all my files with yours and still freezes the screen.

Can you please help out with the kexts 9510 and 4100 to try enable acelation with the RX 580 :

Thanks in advance

Try pulling the monitor cable and replacing again after boot.     It looks the same as a primary IGPU monitor that stops there.    it is booted but the question is did you get the lilukext and Whqatevergreen to work.   Boot using verbose mode so we can see where it ends.    

• Like 1

Worked

Replace the EFI folder again, and did what ross232 said to put lilu + whatever green in S/L/E also and rebuild permissions using KextWizard.

Now it works, what app can i use to test it ?

The only problem i have no AUDIO via Displayport, is possible to fix it ?

Big thanks ross323 and Gigamaxx, you guyz rock.

:wub:

• Like 1

Worked

Replace the EFI folder again, and did what ross232 said to put lilu + whatever green in S/L/E also and rebuild permissions using KextWizard.

Now it works, what app can i use to test it ?

The only problem i have no AUDIO via Displayport, is possible to fix it ?

Big thanks ross323 and Gigamaxx, you guyz rock.

:wub:

Ah that's good to hear :) Gigamaxx + Bronya are the people that made it all happen so full credit to them! Also, try CineBench for GPU benchmarks :)

Audio is something I'm working on currently. Depending on chipset AppleALC seems to be the best bet. Whatevergreen has some info in the FAQ regarding audio passthrough.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

Huge thanks to Gigamaxx! Thanks to this guide, we were able to get my ultimate Hackintosh up and running! We also followed several other guide on modding a PowerMac G5 case, then water-cooled the whole thing. Really appreciate the support here! I'm not sure what the etiquette here is for posting video links, but if you'd like to check out the details of my build, the hardware, and overclock details, here is the video:

• Like 2

Very nice setup, great video too!     This could be a very popular format especially if we can get High Sierra kernel developed.     How is your Nvidia performance?     We have been seeking solutions for the Web drivers, any tips for users?

I've been on the Vega train lately, and we have Polaris 10 working solo in Sierra 12.5 with lily and Green kexts.

• Like 1

GPU performance is as expected about half or so, but still works fantastic.

One struggle I've had is getting my Focusrite Forte to work on Sierra. I've messed with various kexts but no luck. It's a USB audio interface and is mainly controlled by software. Mac OS recognizes the hardware plugged in, but the software does not. It's weird.

• Like 1

GPU performance is as expected about half or so, but still works fantastic.

One struggle I've had is getting my Focusrite Forte to work on Sierra. I've messed with various kexts but no luck. It's a USB audio interface and is mainly controlled by software. Mac OS recognizes the hardware plugged in, but the software does not. It's weird.

I have a generic USB audio dongle that I use for my audio, but it works without software or drivers.. I'm surprised you're having trouble with it though, all USB devices have worked as expected for me so far!

I also have a few questions of my own:

- Has anyone tested Adobe After Effects CC on this Ryzen system? After Effects works okay for me and has good render speed, but the Warp Stabilizer and 3D Camera tracker still are completely useless. They sit on "Initializing" for a long time, then get hung up on Frame 1 of xxx and will not progress.

- Premiere Pro CC does not work at all for me. I see the loading screen, then when it has almost fully loaded, Premiere Pro crashes without warning and doesn't even leave a warning that it crashed. In Console I was able to the following error message: 

[CL_INVALID_OPERATION] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

I am using an unmodified R9 280x which shows up as Radeon 7xxx in System Profiler, but has full acceleration thus far. The only issue I have had is that after putting the computer to sleep, the displays do not turn back on when I wake it. I have heard that this could be a frame buffer issue so I am looking into injecting RadeonFramebuffer. 

I downloaded LuxMark to test if my OpenCL was having an issue, but it appears to be okay and scored very well in LuxMark. This leaves me to believe that the issues I am seeing may not be GPU related and may have to do with Ryzen.

Can anybody else verify that Warp Stabilizer / 3D Camera Tracker do or do not work in After Effects? Likewise if someone could test Premiere Pro and let me know what they find I would highly appreciate it.

I have had 0 issues so far editing in FCPX and coloring in Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, but I would really like to move my workflow from FCPX to Adobe for more professional work.

Thank you!

Very nice setup, great video too!     This could be a very popular format especially if we can get High Sierra kernel developed.     How is your Nvidia performance?     We have been seeking solutions for the Web drivers, any tips for users?

I've been on the Vega train lately, and we have Polaris 10 working solo in Sierra 12.5 with lily and Green kexts.

Awesome notice. I just got my rx vega and 1tb sansung evo.

My dream setup is to format in half and high sierra in one side and windows 10 on the other end.

Please gigamax keep up the fantastic work.

Thanks again.

Hi,
I have successfully installed OS X 10.12.6 on my Ryzen 1800x system. I also managed to get the Nvidia Web Driver with my 1070 working. However, when I change the resolution anything above 1080p (I have a 4k TV connected via Ckub 3D DisplayPort HDMI converter) the overall GPU performance seems sluggish. I even get the feeling that the system itself gets slower. I also had problems with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi on boot up. Every now and than I needed to try up to 6 times before it completed to boot into OS X. I changed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and that fixed it. So has anyone an idea how to increse the GPU power? Thnx  :)

nvidia cards are not perfoming good on ryzen. I have tried everything maybe in the future. 

I got my rx 480 to work on ryzen 10.12.6 with no helper card! thanks to Gigamaxx! 

The first thing i did is replace my efi with the efi he provided. Also copy over the nvram.plist 

Go and find 9500 and 9520 in  system/ library/extentions and right click and select show package contents. Once at a time. Go into content folder and delete info.plist for both these kext. Once your done go ahead and 

copy over these four kext  system/ library/extentions  AMD 9510Controller.kext AmdRadeonx4100) replace these two. Copy these three files lilu ,whatever green and the last lilu.ketx.dSYM 

right after use kext wizard!!!! if you wait to long your pc will shut down.. so do it asap. 

once everything is good you have to boot with the argument lilubeta and thats it!! full acceleration!!! 

No more helper card in 10.12.6 ryzen lol

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TQ3B5X0trbjhiczQ/view?usp=sharing

if you get the prohibited sign right away i had to replace my kernal and pre kernal with original once to boot agian. but you might not have this issue

• Like 2

Does anyone else see a huge speed increase if using Clover 4077 vs Official Clover Builds? On my machine I get significantly better Cinebench scores (e.g. 87 fps vs 40 fps) in OpenGL & CPU and also 'About this Mac' correctly lists my processor speed as 3.2ghz.

Wondering if I'm missing something because the impact is dramatic for me.

nvidia cards are not perfoming good on ryzen. I have tried everything maybe in the future. 

I got my rx 480 to work on ryzen 10.12.6 with no helper card! thanks to Gigamaxx! 

The first thing i did is replace my efi with the efi he provided. Also copy over the nvram.plist 

Go and find 9500 and 9520 in  system/ library/extentions and right click and select show package contents. Once at a time. Go into content folder and delete info.plist for both these kext. Once your done go ahead and 

copy over these four kext  system/ library/extentions  AMD 9510Controller.kext AmdRadeonx4100) replace these two. Copy these three files lilu ,whatever green and the last lilu.ketx.dSYM 

right after use kext wizard!!!! if you wait to long your pc will shut down.. so do it asap. 

once everything is good you have to boot with the argument lilubeta and thats it!! full acceleration!!! 

No more helper card in 10.12.6 ryzen lol

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TQ3B5X0trbjhiczQ/view?usp=sharing

if you get the prohibited sign right away i had to replace my kernal and pre kernal with original once to boot agian. but you might not have this issue

Thanks for this - using your files I can get my Ryzen 1700 to boot and get past AppleACPI and gIOScreenLockState 3 which was causing me problems.

ASRock AB350M Pro4 + Radeon RX560 all up and running.

I removed the AMD9500 and AMD9520 kexts, added 0x67ff1002 (as my System Report shows) as a PCIMatch in your AMD9510.

I'm not sure the GFX injection is right - I see lots of tearing during fades and overlays.

Any ideas?

Thanks for this - using your files I can get my Ryzen 1700 to boot and get past AppleACPI and gIOScreenLockState 3 which was causing me problems.

ASRock AB350M Pro4 + Radeon RX560 all up and running.

I removed the AMD9500 and AMD9520 kexts, added 0x67ff1002 (as my System Report shows) as a PCIMatch in your AMD9510.

I'm not sure the GFX injection is right - I see lots of tearing during fades and overlays.

Any ideas?

Are you getting full acceleration? Check under about and does it show correct VRAM? I didn't deleted the two kext I went inside content and just deleted the info.plist inside each

Also did you use the boot argument lilubeta ?

Are you getting full acceleration? Check under about and does it show correct VRAM? I didn't deleted the two kext I went inside content and just deleted the info.plist inside each

Also did you use the boot argument lilubeta ?

No acceleration. I installed lilu and whatevergreen in S/L/E, tried with and without -lilubeta and it behaves the same.

Just noticed you are using an RX480, whereas I have RX560.

About just says 'Display 7MB'

Hello there doyrayme,

I am running 10.12.5 with the AMD RX 560 with full acceleration!

Read this post: http://www.insanelym...read/?p=2478758

"MY RX 560 NOW HAS ACCELERATION!

Modified kext:

• /S/L/E/AMD9510Controller.kext//Contents/Info.plist

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x67EF1002</string>

to:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x67FF1002</string>

Updating clover to Clover_v2.4k_r4152 and using the config.plist here https://pastebin.com/TYiTEVcMwith busratio=36 and npci=0x3000"

No acceleration. I installed lilu and whatevergreen in S/L/E, tried with and without -lilubeta and it behaves the same.

Your in 10.12.6 or 10.12.5 ??

Open your main partition and go to System/Library/Extensions. Scroll to AMD9510controllerkext and right click, "show package contents".

Drag a copy of info.plist to desktop then right click on copy choose other. Scroll to TextEdit and open. Find definition 0x67EF1002 and change the EF to FF then hit save. Drag desktop copy to folder and make sure to get Authenticate and replace prompts if not hit cancel it didn't go to right place. Before reboot use kext wizzard.

Your in 10.12.6 or 10.12.5 ??

I'm on 10.12.6

Open your main partition and go to System/Library/Extensions. Scroll to AMD9510controllerkext and right click, "show package contents".

Drag a copy of info.plist to desktop then right click on copy choose other. Scroll to TextEdit and open. Find definition 0x67EF1002 and change the EF to FF then hit save. Drag desktop copy to folder and make sure to get Authenticate and replace prompts if not hit cancel it didn't go to right place. Before reboot use kext wizzard.

With -v, when its tries to bring up the logo and progress bar I just get a blank black screen.

Lilu1.1.6, WhateverGreen1.0.3 debug installs from github, however if I do -liludbg -raddbg I don't see anything in the logs.

I can only get to login and desktop if I don't have 0x67FF1002 in AMD9510.