Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

If you click on each benchmark, you can see the os version (and build version).

os s 10.13.1 with patch ...build 17B1003 ... but this is irrelevant .... not buil or webdriver are important ... 1050 cipset is low ....

solved.

the issue was that I have upgraded trough combo update and it gives me a different os version number (17c89 instead of 17c88).

so I cannot use the driver.

i have fix it modifying the Nvidia web driver info.plist  ;-)

That's weird. I used combo update from Apple homepage too

• Like 1

Hello guy!

I have issue when i update MacOS with combo update 10.13.2 from Apple.

The build when complete is 17C89. The Nvidia Web Drive - 378.10.10.10.25.102 only support for  10.13.2 17C88.

then i have try this an it work perfect !

Step 1) Change the build OS to 17C88

Step 2) install Nvidia Web Drive - 378.10.10.10.25.102

Step 3) restart and enjoy:

now my macOS is 10.13.2 17C88 an it work perfect !

Okay, this is my story! Up to 13.1 SU, I have always had graphic acceleration and always with DP 4K connection! From the moment I installed the first 13.2 beta and until the final 13.2, even with the latest Nvidia Web Driver, I can only have black screen. I did not change anything in DSDT or plist config. Although all the updates are done without any errors, something has gone wrong with the graphics or graphics card or the Web Driver...

Next step is to replace the DSDT with an SSDT All and if it does not work, I send GTX to the trash and buy an AMD...

• Like 1

Okay, this is my story! Up to 13.1 SU, I have always had graphic acceleration and always with DP 4K connection! From the moment I installed the first 13.2 beta and until the final 13.2, even with the latest Nvidia Web Driver, I can only have black screen. I did not change anything in DSDT or plist config. Although all the updates are done without any errors, something has gone wrong with the graphics or graphics card or the Web Driver...

Next step is to replace the DSDT with an SSDT All and if it does not work, I send GTX to the trash and buy an AMD...

try edit info.plist of AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy to fix it. 

• Like 1

not so bright ideea about amd) i thimk you need to play a little with it... my 960 works just ok on dvi. need to test dp

DisplayPort not working, and thats from HighSierra !!! (working just well on Sierra)

• Like 1

AMD cards is top priority on macos10.13...i bought RX 580 and sold my gtx960.

• Like 2

solved.

the issue was that I have upgraded trough combo update and it gives me a different os version number (17c89 instead of 17c88).

so I cannot use the driver.

i have fix it modifying the Nvidia web driver info.plist  ;-)

Hello plz help me i have same issue ?

Hello guy!

I have issue when i update MacOS with combo update 10.13.2 from Apple.

The build when complete is 17C89. The Nvidia Web Drive - 378.10.10.10.25.102 only support for  10.13.2 17C88.

then i have try this an it work perfect !

Step 1) Change the build OS to 17C88

Step 2) install Nvidia Web Drive - 378.10.10.10.25.102

Step 3) restart and enjoy:

now my macOS is 10.13.2 17C88 an it work perfect !

Hi, how change the build os to 17c88 plz help me!

• Like 1

Hi, my first post here after being a long time lurker and english is not my native language, so be kind :-)

I use a MacPro and a NVidia GTX 1050 and installed the comboupdate. I have a backup of a "normal" update system i can use, but i would like to use the combo build. I tried to edit the systemversion.plist but it doesn't work. I guess it's about file permission i could not set back to root after edit the file. File permission check is'nt availeble. I guess it's because of the APFS format of my SSD.

Is there a way to edit the webdriver to accept the Build number (17C89)?

Thanks in advanced

Hi, my first post here after being a long time lurker and english is not my native language, so be kind :-)

I use a MacPro and a NVidia GTX 1050 and installed the comboupdate. I have a backup of a "normal" update system i can use, but i would like to use the combo build. I tried to edit the systemversion.plist but it doesn't work. I guess it's about file permission i could not set back to root after edit the file. File permission check is'nt availeble. I guess it's because of the APFS format of my SSD.

Is there a way to edit the webdriver to accept the Build number (17C89)?

Thanks in advanced

Try this ?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-11012017/?p=2539444

Or this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-12072017/page-38?do=findComment&comment=2524391

Hahaha, i followed your advise and after i did all the steps the final reboot has to come. MacOs starts up with the news of NVidia that there is a new webdriver to solve the problem just by updating the driver.

Hehe, thanks. Now i am prepared to solve the next problem of build numbers a hour earlier.... or i just wait...

Thanks to the programmer from NVidia for there quick response. If they read that stuff i would like to mention the "why". Could you just release a webdriver with more flexible compatibility?

Anyway, ma system is up and running. Thanks