Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

It’s 16x but only running at 8x weird

This is my metal scores

How’s your opengl test

Great that you can confirm a Metal score clearly above 215.000!  For my OpenGL see #846.. Everything looks very consistent and confirms my previous results! Full Metal 2 support with Nvidia 10.13.1 Web Driver!

Difference between Metal 1 and Metal 2: more than 100.000 scores (>200%)!  

Great that you can confirm a Metal score clearly above 215.000!  For my OpenGL see #846.. Everything looks very consistent and confirms my previous results! Full Metal 2 support with Nvidia 10.13.1 Web Driver!

Difference between Metal 1 and Metal 2: more than 100.000 scores (>200%)!  

have you 2 options ? metal1 and metal2 ?  i have just one ...metal ...in geekbench 4.2

Hi,

I have problems with my new EVGA GTX1060 and 2 monitors on mixed connection DVI / Display Port. The GPU has 1 DVI and 3 display ports.

Boot runs complete, but ends in black screens. This is not a black screen issue, the system is not running in the end. Perhaps after a while a reboot would occur, I did not wait very long.

What works:

2 Monitors on Display Ports, but then 1 monitor is recognized as NTSC/television - this is the main problem

1 monitor, DVI or Display Port

Boot with DVI monitor, plug in second monitor in Display Port after boot runs fine.

Installed:

OS X 13.1, latest NVIDIA Drivers

Lilu 1.2.1, NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.1, Clover r4289

Tried:

Check NvidiaWeb

nvda_drv=1

EmuvariableUEFI

I dont know what is easier: Solve boot problem or solve NTSC/television problem. Any suggestions somebody?

Thanks in advance.

have you 2 options ? metal1 and metal2 ?  i have just one ...metal ...in geekbench 4.2

Why 2 options ?... Did you ever read the previous posts? The message was the follwing:

Apparently in all previous version of the Nvidia Web Driver there was no support for Metal 2 (just Metal 1 so far). Now with the 10.13.1 Web Driver, this has changed! Full support of Metal 2 for supposedly all Pascal and Maxwell Nvidia Graphics cards!

The previous posts above are not about different options for Geekbench 4.2.0 Metal Benchmarks! In case of Metal 1 support, the Geekbench Metal Scores have been in the order of 90.000. Now with Metal 2 support, the scores exceed 200.000 by far. 

That's all... 

I hope you finally caught the message and idea... 

Sorry for the noob question but what is the

Nvidia Payload Packager for exactly?

I have a gtx 979 i7 4970 and I was able to update via App Store from 10.12.6 to 10.13.1

Then it it told me there was a update for nvidia web divers I updated that way and everything seems okay so far

The only thing is that it dropped some FPS from cinebench from 90s to 70s but it also enabled metal 2

Thanks

Sorry for the noob question but what is the

Nvidia Payload Packager for exactly?

I have a gtx 979 i7 4970 and I was able to update via App Store from 10.12.6 to 10.13.1

Then it it told me there was a update for nvidia web divers I updated that way and everything seems okay so far

The only thing is that it dropped some FPS from cinebench from 90s to 70s but it also enabled metal 2

Thanks

It's to extract the files in the Nvidia package, modify and repack the files for use with macOS beta's.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi,

I've a Mac 6.1 (not an Hack) with Nvidia 980 Ti.

Yesterday I've update my Sierra to High Sierra 10.13.1.

I've update also the Web Drivers with the latest version ..107.

I've the black screen when reboot the Mac with Nvidia.

I hear the bong, but the screen remain black !!!

I've tried the PRAM reset ... nothing.

Please help me  :-(((

• Like 1

Huge jump in Metal Scores.

@d5aqoep

sorry for a Off-Topic Question.. but may i ask you why you are using IMac 18.3 and not 17.1 ?

Is it because performance better on 18.3 Or? (I thought for i7 6700K the iMac 17.1 would be better choice?)

Huge jump in Metal Scores.

@d5aqoep

sorry for a Off-Topic Question.. but may i ask you why you are using IMac 18.3 and not 17.1 ?

Is it because performance better on 18.3 Or? (I thought for i7 6700K the iMac 17.1 would be better choice?)

I am using 18.3 because I love higher numbers (purely for the lulz) 17.1 or 18.3 made no difference on my system. I just make sure that CPU idles at 0.8 Ghz and Maxes out at 4.2 Ghz. This was happening with iMac 18.3 profile so left it at that. For both I have to use lilu and graphics fixup kexts.

BTW I am using GTX 1080ti and have also purchased a licensed copy of GeekBench. It was on 50% discounted price so buying it was no-brainer.

I send an email to developers complaining about their high software prices and then they usually send 30-50% one-time discount coupons. This strategy has worked well so far.

• Like 1

I am using 18.3 because I love higher numbers (purely for the lulz) 17.1 or 18.3 made no difference on my system. I just make sure that CPU idles at 0.8 Ghz and Maxes out at 4.2 Ghz. This was happening with iMac 18.3 profile so left it at that. For both I have to use lilu and graphics fixup kexts.

BTW I am using GTX 1080ti and have also purchased a licensed copy of GeekBench. It was on 50% discounted price so buying it was no-brainer.

I send an email to developers complaining about their high software prices and then they usually send 30-50% one-time discount coupons. This strategy has worked well so far.

I use 17,1 on my i7-6700k and never see intel power gadget go above 4ghz.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk