Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Did anybody realise at all that the new 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver now also supports Metal 2???  :thumbsup_anim:

Look at this! Tremendous Metal Score rise from 94.000 to 230.000!!!  :hyper:

what kext use ? or what configuration have you in clover ... to me nothing change ....

what kext use ? or what configuration have you in clover ... to me nothing change ....

Kext? Clover configuration?

Are you at least on 10.13.1 or 10.13.2 beta? Are you using the latest 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver (378.10.10.10.20.107)? Only the latter supports Metal 2!

I simply use the 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver + Lilu.kext v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1 as Black Screen Prevention.

With the 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver, Metal 2 works OoB... 

Lilu+LiluPlugin-v1.2.1-Distribution.zip

Are you at least on 10.13.1 or 10.13.2 beta? Are you using the latest 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver (378.10.10.10.20.107)? Only the latter supports Metal 2!

I simply use the 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver + Lilu.kext v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1 as Black Screen Prevention.

your on intel or amd?

yes i use last driver for 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver (378.10.10.10.20.107) ...i have 10.13.1 ... i have also  Lilu.kext v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1 ... also i sesizated metal work only in this configuration ... but for me nothing change ... i have a value some like 80000...  maybe some in config.plist ?...inject some else ? max resolution for me is 1920x1080 ... 

post-1572588-0-19073200-1510216922_thumb.png

yes i use last driver for 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver (378.10.10.10.20.107) ...i have 10.13.1 ... i have also  Lilu.kext v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1 ... also i sesizated metal work only in this configuration ... but for me nothing change ... i have a value some like 80000...  maybe some in config.plist ?...inject some else ? max resolution for me is 1920x1080 ... 

he has a 1080ti

i think you have a 1050ti

so yeah maybe thats why?

he has a 1080ti

i think you have a 1050ti

so yeah maybe thats why?

maybe ... but difference it is too high . .... 200000 to 80000... can send you clover please? maybe i found my mistake ...or my builds of kext isn't ok ... maybe send only this two kext please

maybe ... but difference it is too high . .... 200000 to 80000... can send you clover please? maybe i found my mistake ...or my builds of kext isn't ok ... maybe send only this two kext please

attached in post #828... Metal Score should not depend on Lilu.kext

Which GPUFamily you have under Metal in Graphics/Displays of Apple's System Report? v2 or v3?

attached in post #828... Metal Score should not depend on Lilu.kext

Which GPUFamily you have under Metal in Graphics/Displays of Apple's System Report? v2 or v3?

ver 3 ... can you send your clover or config.plist ? I bleave it is some settings wrong 

edit ...with your shared files is same...81000 .... what can I do ? please help me with any ideea.

post-1572588-0-77903000-1510230211_thumb.png

ver 3 ... can you send your clover or config.plist ? I bleave it is some settings wrong 

I would not know what in the config.plist or EFI-folder could affect the Metal benchmarks... This does not make any sense to me. 

I do not have any EFI Folder for LGA 1151... Just X99 and X299, sorry...

If you want to access the latter, just google for "KGP", "X99" or "X299" and "macOS High Sierra 10.13" ...

Good luck!     

thanks for nothing ... I understand that it is a community just for geniuses ... idiots like me have nothing to look for here

Come on.. don't be sarcastic... I really don't know how to help and support you further... I am not allowed to provide direkt links to my EFI-Folders... If you google for the search terms I provided above, you will find them... Although they might not help you as you use  LGA 1151.

​I did not do anything special, just installed the 10.13.1 web driver + Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and performed a Metal Benchmark with Geekbench 4.2.0. (400884). That's all.. what should be genius about these else completely trivial steps? 

Come on.. don't be sarcastic... I really don't know how to help and support you further... I am not allowed to provide direkt links to my EFI-Folders... If you google for the search terms I provided above, you will find them... Although they might not help you as you use  LGA 1151.

​I did not do anything special, just installed the 10.13.1 web driver + Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and performed a Metal Benchmark with Geekbench 4.2.0. (400884). That's all.. what should be genius about these else completely trivial steps? 

Why not create a Great Guide Here for helping people  37369511.png

Why not create a Great Guide Here for helping people  37369511.png

Because I see no sense to replicate my 4 extended guides, which already do exist. One could indeed publish summaries of each guide here and refer to the extended guides in the other forum I am not allowed to mention. Therefore, one would have to change however the forum rules. In my opinion, different forums should interact with each other, support each other and move things ahead with each other instead of denying and fighting each other.. In my opinion, nobody is really interested in such impedimentary strategies.. Anyway, I know that it is impossible to change the general opinion and to ask for a change of rules. I just gave up, try to do the best under the unpleasant circumstances, and help in any forum whenever I can or I am asked to do so... 

I was also asked by a German Forum to replicate my guides there, a forum, which follows the same banning strategies with respect to the other forum.

However, just let me make a simple question: How to maintain 4 massive and extensive guides including 8 replications active and up-to-date in all forums at the same time? I hope that you would quickly realise that such task would be simply impossible for one single person. 

I really hope that one day our world will be just totally different  :wink_anim:

just let me make a simple question: How to maintain 4 massive and extensive guides including 8 replications active and up-to-date in all forums at the same time? I hope that you would quickly realise that such task would be simply impossible for one single person. 

:wink_anim:

Symply advise User you have change the Site and your now at Insanelymac Forum  :thumbsup_anim:

Symply advise User you have change the Site and your now at Insanelymac Forum  :thumbsup_anim:

:hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

You know that I can't do that...  :wink_anim:

But I am very happy to move things ahead with you brilliant guys together!!!  :gathering:

That's fantastic, totally gorgeous and also like it should be in fact  :plane:  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Because I see no sense to replicate my 4 extended guides, which already do exist. One could indeed publish summaries of each guide here and refer to the extended guides in the other forum I am not allowed to mention. Therefore, one would have to change however the forum rules. In my opinion, different forums should interact with each other, support each other and move things ahead with each other instead of denying and fighting each other.. In my opinion, nobody is really interested in such impedimentary strategies.. Anyway, I know that it is impossible to change the general opinion and to ask for a change of rules. I just gave up, try to do the best under the unpleasant circumstances, and help in any forum whenever I can or I am asked to do so... 

I was also asked by a German Forum to replicate my guides there, a forum, which follows the same banning strategies with respect to the other forum.

However, just let me make a simple question: How to maintain 4 massive and extensive guides including 8 replications active and up-to-date in all forums at the same time? I hope that you would quickly realise that such task would be simply impossible for one single person. 

I really hope that one day our world will be just totally different  :wink_anim:

In other forum you would be banned for less of this

I am not disappointed if you want publicize other forum here. But in my opinion it is not correct at all for a forum which give us a "free"hospitality and a free help

But it is a your choice to do in this way.

I like your passion to build a complete guide and also time you dedicated it is an important fact but for me you are doing wrong here

Some things I think you learned here are in your wonderfull guide (not sarcastic) and you could be grateful helping people here also

post an efi here should not be an impossible task for you! :-)

You should try some benchmark not influenced at all or from a minimal part  by cpu used

Geekbench is not one of this

if you want a real comparison you should try luxmark or similar bench which are not so influenced from a different cpu power

Edited by Guest

In other forum you would be banned for less of this

I am not disappointed if you want publicize other forum here. But in my opinion it is not correct at all for a forum which give us a "free"hospitality and a free help

But it is a your choice to do in this way.

I like your passion to build a complete guide and also time you dedicated it is an important fact but for me you are doing wrong here

Some things I think you learned here are in your wonderfull guide (not sarcastic) and you could be grateful helping people here also

post an efi here should not be an impossible task for you! :-)

Your are totally right, apart from the fact that in the other forum, I can provide links and credits to anybody and to any forum I like and I feel necessary, without restrictions!

By banning the other forum as well as mandatory links to forum specific posts, you just do what you accuse the forum to do, which is basically stealing credits by consciously avoiding absolutely mandatory references or links.

As I say, I am willing to help and contribute wherever I can, this shall also includes the contribution of my EFI-Folders. But seriously what he would have done with an X99 or X299 EFI-Folder on his LGA 1151 system??? This was the reason why I did not upload the latter! 

I totally agree that many thinks we achieved in exchange with each other, and I really hope that I correctly and properly cite the source of the according information all along my guide. If I don't, please let me know and I will even do better!

That's all I can do. Don't blame on me for the rest.

Concerning your benchmark comments! It is fact that with the same system, I achieved with the 10.13 SU Web Driver under 10.13. SU a Geekbench Metal Score of 94.000. Now with the 10.13.1 Web Driver, the scores significantly rose up to 230.000! System report shows GPUFamily1 v3 instead of v2!  

Could you please teach me me how I can benchmark Metal 2 with Luxmark?

Thanks in advance! 

Could you please teach me me how I can benchmark Metal 2 with Luxmark?

Thanks in advance! 

sorry my bad

I have read fastly his problem

Luxmark OpenCL time ago I tested also some multi metal benchmark listed in this forum but I don't remember thread where I found this

I think also that a 1050ti should be less quick than 1080ti with those proportions I see in your and his result

It should be interesting to see cpu load during metal test...

sorry my bad

I have read fastly his problem

Luxmark OpenCL time ago I tested also some multi metal benchmark listed in this forum but I don't remember thread where I found this

I think also that a 1050ti should be less quick than 1080ti with those proportions I see in your and his result

It should be interesting to see cpu load during metal test...

Please find attached the CPU load during the Geekbench Metal benchmark!  :wink_anim:

It equals to ZERO.. 

Please further not that the CPU IDLE of the i9-7980XE is around 1.2 GHz, while the CPU MAX. LOAD is at 4.4.GHz without any OC.

I attach the i9-7980XE performance and behaviour on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe during both CPU Cinebench and CPU (not Metal or OpenGL!) Geekbench benchmarks for comparison....  

By the way, the CPU Performance of the 18 core Skylake-X is absolutely amazing. 6 manually launched Cinebench CPU benchmarks fit into the same IPG window (and if I would not consciously implement IDLE sessions between the individual Cinebench benchmark sessions, there would even fit more)  ..  :yes:  Geekbench CPU Score: 60.000; Cinebench CPU Score: 4270 ...  :wink_anim:

One add-on to the Geekbench metal benchmark: I use the Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB 11GB Extreme Edition ...

I also attach the Geekbench OpenGL results for completeness .... 

post-1362934-0-60580200-1510247590_thumb.png

post-1362934-0-05726900-1510248672_thumb.png

post-1362934-0-57343500-1510249349_thumb.png

I simply use the 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver + Lilu.kext v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1 as Black Screen Prevention.

With the 10.13.1 Nvidia Web Driver, Metal 2 works OoB...

thank you for these files!! i was able to make my gtx 1080ti work had to put these files in system/ library/ extension

then use kext utility

i got my nvidia web driver from here

http://www.macvidcards.com/drivers.html

post-1941593-0-40145600-1510250683_thumb.jpeg