[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Talking to yourself, but it should work for me too. I have High Sierra, another installation of it that I experiment with, and Also Sierra whatever the current version is. I do not know a whole lot, but it has been fun to do going all the way back to OS X 10.50.  At my age it is getting somewhat difficult to learn new stuff, and also to retain it. The same machine has versions of Windows on it too. I do not believe in trying to run different operating systems on partitions of the same drive. I appreciate your patience ,and that unlike some others your are not pedantic.

It will work for you if you have only one Clover to install, even if you have 10 ssds
The things that need to be understood and that is very simple, as I use diferantes versions OS X I can not boot Snow Leopard with a FakeSMC V-6.25.1426
and IntelMausi in Other  :lol: Snow Leopard boot with FakeSMC V-4.2.0 and the network intel is AppleIntelE1000e.kext in the folder 10.6  :P
unlike High Sierra where I have to use IntelMausi for the network and FakeSMC V-6.25.1426 in the folder 10.13
edit**
I realized this by compiling Clover and creating the Package, because I integrate all my FakeSMC before creating the Clover Package and leaving the Other folder with a new FakeSMC inside, no longer managed to boot my old system. now the FakeSMC is excluded in Other folder from my Packages.  I do not say it is useless, do not be wrong. For my part it is useless
  • Like 1

It will work for you if you have only one Clover to install, even if you have 10 ssds
The things that need to be understood and that is very simple, as I use diferantes versions OS X I can not boot Snow Leopard with a FakeSMC V-6.25.1426
and IntelMausi in Other  :lol: Snow Leopard boot with FakeSMC V-4.2.0 and the network intel is AppleIntelE1000e.kext in the older 10.6  :P
unlike High Sierra where I have to use IntelMausi for the network and FakeSMC V-6.25.1426 in the folder 10.13
edit**
I realized this by compiling Clover and creating the Package, because I integrate all my FakeSMC before creating the Clover Package and leaving the Other folder with a new FakeSMC inside, no longer managed to boot my old system. now the Other folder is excluded from my Packages
I do not say it is useless, do not be wrong. For my part it is useless

I think I will leave the Other folder, but not install to it in future

• Like 1

Thanks!

I have tried that but I'm stuck on this:

I tried to remove some patches boot with cpus=1 / nv_disable=1 etc.

Do you know what can be the problem?

BTW, the boot recognize NVDA driver and load it thats mean NVIDIA card will work?

Thanks

I think i come up on something...when using nv_disable system not booting when not using the system boot (long boot) but have black screen...

what should i do?

Thanks!

I have tried that but I'm stuck on this:

I tried to remove some patches boot with cpus=1 / nv_disable=1 etc.

Do you know what can be the problem?

BTW, the boot recognize NVDA driver and load it thats mean NVIDIA card will work?

Thanks

I think i come up on something...when using nv_disable system not booting when not using the system boot (long boot) but have black screen...

what should i do?

You can either use the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext or use this patch under "Kernel and Kext Patches":

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

Find: ba050000 00

Replace: ba000000 00

Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

• Like 2

You can either use the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext or use this patch under "Kernel and Kext Patches":

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

Find: ba050000 00

Replace: ba000000 00

Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

Thanks

now i t won't boot like before...there is "no signal" and keyboard/sound not working looks like K.panic

i will do some more tests

Thanks

now i t won't boot like before...there is "no signal" and keyboard/sound not working looks like K.panic

i will do some more tests

Send me your EFI folder so I can take a look, you can send it via PM if you want.

i added the strings to clover instead of the kexts, the system boot faster but still i have black screen "no signal"

I used SMBIOS MacPro 6,1 and Also iMac....any more ideas? :)))

With the patches you should be able to boot into macOS regardless of the SMBIOS settings.

Double check your config and the kext folder. You can also change the display ports on your GPU. Which port you are using? Is it HDMI or DP?

I had issue on clean install DP8_17A358a at reboot with ATI sensors failed , i'll manage to reseolve this by upgrade watevergreen and lilu kexts.

(to be continued :wink_anim: )

• Like 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyikfg6nptd9v9h/Untitled.zip?dl=0

Send me your EFI folder so I can take a look, you can send it via PM if you want.

Thanks

I upload it to dropbox

With the patches you should be able to boot into macOS regardless of the SMBIOS settings.

Double check your config and the kext folder. You can also change the display ports on your GPU. Which port you are using? Is it HDMI or DP?

I am using HDMI no DP, my monitor don't have DP...normal connections...HDMI/DVI

Well I had resolved the issue but the AMDMTLbronzedriver seems to be not initialized like in DP7

( notice that the watevergreen kext i upgraded is a temporary release will be more efficient with the next release )

post-1879825-0-20023600-1504257098_thumb.png

post-1879825-0-54471800-1504260094_thumb.png

• Like 1

Tyr this: make a backup of your EFI before replacing it with the one.

Thanks!

i tried that but the system restart immediately...with the old cover i back to the same point

i wil try to add liu kexts to the old EFI and try again

Thanks

Thanks!

i tried that but the system restart immediately...with the old cover i back to the same point

i wil try to add liu kexts to the old EFI and try again

Thanks

That's wired, I just added the nVidia Display patch and changed the USB port limit patch. I didn't change anything else. I also added the AppleALC and Lilu.

But form what I see your clover version is too old (r3688) the current version is r4189.

@ergot

Does your system starts with nv_disable=1 flag?

Why have you different fakesmc kext in 10.12 and others clover folder?

Hi fabiosun

if i start with nv_disable=1 flag the system not booting and stuck on 'kextd stall (60) appleAcpicpu' for a long time

without the flag the system boots but into a black screen,

For the FakeSMC i will try to put a single version now...

That's wired, I just added the nVidia Display patch and changed the USB port limit patch. I didn't change anything else. I also added the AppleALC and Lilu.

But form what I see your clover version is too old (r3688) the current version is r4189.

Yes weird, anyway i back to old EFI and added the patched you add,

Is clover version can be the problem?

ok, appleACPIcpu hang is due to an old clover version

try a new one and you should boot fine with nv_disable=1

You have also many problems in your config.plist (IMHO)

But we can try to solve it step by step

thanks for the help guys!

I have updated clover (on top of old one) version but as before the system doesn't boot even...

funny with old clover version i can boot...is there any way to bypass appleACPIcpu on boot or to patch it?

update!!!

I have downgrade clover version to 4.184 (before 4.188) and the system boot with no flags!!!!!

thank you all! now I will start working on other stuff :)

post-474300-0-08046200-1504263516_thumb.png

• Like 1

@ ergot - Have you got full operation with your Nvidia card and how did you achieve that in the latest H Sierra release - Thanks.

Yes I have full working operation on my card just added "NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext" and "Lilu.kext" to clover folder "other" and boot normal using clover 4.184

@cyberdevs  - my USB 3.0 is not workingת any device I plug in is not recognized by system, USB 2 drives are OK

can you please check my config file and let me know what is the problem?

Thanks!!

I tested with Intel Power Gadget :

I cannot open this gadget on beta 8 I download the latest version...

@cyberdevs  - my USB 3.0 is not workingת any device I plug in is not recognized by system, USB 2 drives are OK

can you please check my config file and let me know what is the problem?

Thanks!!

I cannot open this gadget on beta 8 I download the latest version...

you need to use USBInjectAll.kext and try these patches, the patches you had in your config.plist were Sierra's patches"

The kext is already in the EFI folder I posted earlier

Kext: AppleUSBXHCIPCI

Find: 837D8C10

Replace: 837D8C1b

• Like 1