[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

Today I accidentally discovered this wonderful topic (since I am collecting different patches for broadcom 4360 kext).

My idea is to implement a new Lilu plugin to patch this kext in the more intellectual way, just not by replacing bytes (thanks to @PMheart for the initial idea).

It's called AirportBrcmFixup: https://sourceforge.net/projects/airportbrcmfixup/

And here I found out that I missed something: BCM4352-iovar.

I was not able to find any explanations what this patch actually does.

What is the influence of this patch?

Could somebody answer to my question, please?

Actually didnt see difference.

But you can get iovar error in HS kernel log.

I just disable iovar error and enable iovar stuff on HS dp1.

If use iovar patch, log is fine. But flood log. Ofc iovar error log also flood.

Maybe we need to wait HS release. Then see kernel log. As result, skip iovar patch once. After release HS, then consider iovar error

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Actually didnt see difference.

But you can get iovar error in HS kernel log.

I just disable iovar error and enable iovar stuff on HS dp1.

If use iovar patch, log is fine. But flood log. Ofc iovar error log also flood.

Maybe we need to wait HS release. Then see kernel log. As result, skip iovar patch once. After release HS, then consider iovar error

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Thank you for the fast reply!

So it is only related to some annoying messages in the kernel log.

I think we can wait for HS release.

In 10.13 I still have issues with natively supported SD Card Reader and Ethernet Card (both Broadcom), hopefully they will fix all broadcom stuff.

• Like 1

Anyone have a GeForce 6600GT working natively with High Sierra? If so is it possible to add this card in with my 960 and have the 960 for Sierra and the 6600GT for High Sierra?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone have a GeForce 6600GT working natively with High Sierra? If so is it possible to add this card in with my 960 and have the 960 for Sierra and the 6600GT for High Sierra?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

it is better to switch to rx480 for high sierra

Yes, with Lilu and Whatevergreen the newest AMD GPUs work without Helper Card. No Blackscreen anymore.

Thank you for this info! I was wondering if anyone managed to get it to work without it.

What's still weird to me....is that this is one of the cards which is supposed to work "OOB". But here we are looking for workarounds, and using helper cards and all that which makes the entire experience totally not "OOB". :))

I'm using an old GTX 650. To me, working OOB means plug & play. Connect the card, start your computer, enjoy. No kexts, no tricks, no nothing. It's still not very clear to me why do we need these kexts and patches for this case. Maybe someone can give us a bit more information on that.

I suppose it should work the same way with the RX580, right?

• Like 1

Hey arsradu! I'm in a black hole with my GTX 750 Ti and High Sierra DP4 too. To up the system, I have to insert a fake id and it work with just one monitor. Till DP3 I was able to get my 3 monitors working normally.

Yes the Kext makes any GCN 1.1 and newer card work.

As far as I understand, Macs initialize their GPUs at a different stage compared to Wintel PCs. Because Wintel loads the GOP of the AMD GPUs to early, we got Blackscreen.

This was bypassed by using Helper to start. AMD GPU does not get initialized untel OSX boot.

The kext somehow fixes this by being able to unload the AMD GPU and allow OSX to initialize it as supposed to be on a mac.

• Like 4

Hey arsradu! I'm in a black hole with my GTX 750 Ti and High Sierra DP4 too. To up the system, I have to insert a fake id and it work with just one monitor. Till DP3 I was able to get my 3 monitors working normally.

That is weird... Everything works perfectly fine here, with my GTX650 and no kexts/patches needed. I thought the GTX 750 should work the same... 

Yes the Kext makes any GCN 1.1 and newer card work.

As far as I understand, Macs initialize their GPUs at a different stage compared to Wintel PCs. Because Wintel loads the GOP of the AMD GPUs to early, we got Blackscreen.

This was bypassed by using Helper to start. AMD GPU does not get initialized untel OSX boot.

The kext somehow fixes this by being able to unload the AMD GPU and allow OSX to initialize it as supposed to be on a mac.

I see.. Thank you for the explanation. :)

NO

Are you really so sure about that with the current latest versions of WhateverGreen? Because its FAQ is saying "10.1 and higher".

https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.en.md

It does not expilitly state which specific features work [or do not work] on specific versions of macOS. Maybe vit9696 the plugin author can clarify that. And has information somewhere else online about it :)

• Like 2

hi

Are you really so sure about that with the current latest versions of WhateverGreen? Because its FAQ is saying "10.1 and higher".

https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.en.md

It does not expilitly state which specific features work [or do not work] on specific versions of macOS. Maybe vit9696 the plugin author can clarify that. And has information somewhere else online about it :)

Hi Dreamcat4

post-887245-0-14589500-1501696947_thumb.png

• Like 2

This makes my High Sierra complete. Now everything works. This is now my primary macOS.

Be careful with this driver, it is not a drivers that everyone uses, use with caution

Core pkg install and i have recovery working. Unfortunately on all the 4 betas this is the only one that never fails. With all others it is impossible or to do the stick or the installation fails.

I tried all. 150 tries from June 7th. :thumbsup_anim:

Any one tries to do his better.

Maibe recovery but no VM Volume

:P 

Guest ricoc90

I have the Archer T6E wifi card (Brcm4360, 14e4,43a0 using the-darkvoid patch to make it work) and the Asus BT400 USB Bluetooth dongle (using Rehabman's patch to enable Handoff), which works pretty well in Sierra.

In High Sierra however the WiFi Works OOB (no need for the-darkvoid patch), but it's using AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG.kext instead of AirPortBrcm4360.kext and Handoff isn't working.

Any intel on that?