[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Glad to know that I'm not alone who gotta trackpad (minor) issue on 10.13 DP5.. #NoWorry << 10.11.x Trackpad.pref works though  :P

^ both using @rehabman VoodooPS2 v1.8.27 or @EmlyDinesh ApplePS2Tp v4.7 Beta 5 (ELAN_101).

And I think it' s not a good idea to push the devs with Beta System (for TP fix)... so, it' s just a report.

SzkvUvp.jpg

#ADD: Another issue even on some Real MBPs with Beta 5: Beta 5 fails on MacBook Pro

As RehabMan said, "I'm in no hurry (it comes with age)".

It seems 10.13.pb4 has just been released along with new Command Line Tools beta for Xcode 9. According to the previous releases, this should have the same build number as dp5.

Here you go :thumbsup_anim:

Seems the same as mine... Enlarged the bytes, try it:

48 85 C0 74 07 80 8B -> 48 85 C0 90 90 80 8B

I have P43 ICH10

Strange thing that on my laptop with ICH9M is working...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Is your P43 ICH10 chipset ID 0x3a228086 ?

Oh, that's wonderful :)

Does it have a native support? or you need to use fakeCPUID?

Native support on High Sierra.

Also my patches and kexts are a fraction of what they used to be on the X99.

Add to that my oob Vega and I'm looking around for an old Mac Pro case to put it in! haha

Add to that my oob Vega and I'm looking around for an old Mac Pro case to put it in! haha

Thanks for the update! I didn't know that it has native support in High Sierra :)

X299 should look gorgeous in a MacPro Case ;) I'm looking forward to see your build once it's completed! 

48 85 C0 74 07 80 8B -> 48 85 C0 90 90 80 8B

Is your P43 ICH10 chipset ID 0x3a228086 ?

Yes

Yes

This is a simple trick which originally by @RehabMan for his HackrFamily, I'm not sure whether this will work as well, but anyway I think it's worth trying.

Firstly set FakeID for SATA in config.plist to 0xabcd8086. It looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>SATA</key>
			<string>0xabcd8086</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

And then put this dummy kext into Clover/kexts/Other or 10.13 folder. Delete the patched one from /S/L/E (Restore to vanilla one, in case you don't have it, will post the original one below)

Dummy kext: (not working, removed)

Original v329 kext from DP5:

orig_AppleAHCIPort_v329.kext.zip

Please test, if you can normally boot then, thanks.

• Like 1

48 85 C0 74 07 80 8B -> 48 85 C0 90 90 80 8B

Is your P43 ICH10 chipset ID 0x3a228086 ?

Nope, does not work either....

I am doing o.k. when using it as a KextToPatch entry, right?

Name*: IONVMeFamily     Find*[HEX]: 4885c074 07808b    Replace*[HEX]: 4885c090 90808b  Comment: External NVMe Icon Patch   MatchOS: 10.13.x

old entry below worked including DP4:

Name*: IONVMeFamily     Find*[HEX]: 4885c074 07808b20    Replace*[HEX]: 4885c066 90808b20  Comment: External NVMe Icon Patch   MatchOS: 10.13.x

So should I edit my previous post about SkyLake X not having the native support in Sierra? or my assumption is correct?

This is a simple trick which originally by @RehabMan for his HackrFamily, I'm not sure whether this will work as well, but anyway I think it's worth trying.

Firstly set FakeID for SATA in config.plist to 0xabcd8086. It looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>SATA</key>
			<string>0xabcd8086</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

And then put this dummy kext into Clover/kexts/Other or 10.13 folder. Delete the patched one from /S/L/E (Restore to vanilla one, in case you don't have it, will post the original one below)

Dummy kext:

attachicon.gifHackAHCIPort_v328.kext.zip

Original v329 kext from DP5:

attachicon.giforig_AppleAHCIPort_v329.kext.zip

Please test, if you can normally boot then, thanks.

I can try with installer too?

Kexts are in BaseSystem.dmg and I don't think dummy have any effect.

Nope, does not work either....

I am doing o.k. when using it as a KextToPatch entry, right?

Name*: IONVMeFamily     Find*[HEX]: 4885c074 07808b    Replace*[HEX]: 4885c090 90808b  Comment: External NVMe Icon Patch   MatchOS: 10.13.x

Your stuffs look good. I don't know why it doesn't work though...

I guess instead of patching the kext, you can also inject a property to your NVME device, and you can eliminate the patch.

Take a look on https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/help-my-nvme-show-up-as-external/

I can try with installer too?

Kexts are in BaseSystem.dmg and I don't think dummy have any effect.

Yes. Try it. Set FakeID and place the kext and give it a go.

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90

Ok, thanks anyway.

Wouldn't it be an idea to *block* the kext in /s/l/e from loading (Clover's boot menu->Options->System Parameters->Block Kext), and injecting your patched kext through Clover? 

Don't know if it works, but it's worth a try

Edit: Nevermind. I tried it myself with some random kext and NoCaches=True, but the kext gets loaded anyway.

As a work around, you can install DB5 on an external USB hard disk, replace AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 in /S/L/E with v328 (don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild kernel cache), then clone the working system back to your internal SATA hard disk eg with Carbon Copy Cloner or Disk Utility.

What Graphics Card are you using for High Sierra with your 5-series motherboard?

I have a P55A-UD4P but am stuck on El Capitan as I am using a 9800GT and have been unable to upgrade to Sierra (and soon High Sierra)

Compared to the first beta, it seems DB5 working much better with APFS on old spinning HDDs . Successful clean install here on my GA-P55aUD3 desktop (5 series MB with legacy BIOS/i5-750/ATI HD5770) with 7200rpm HDD.

I like10.13 Beta (17A330h)

XCPM same

USB3  port limit  same

5960 patched also same as DP4

post-413859-0-75059200-1502293958_thumb.png

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share a weird incident with my High Sierra (SSD) installation.

I booted into High Sierra in an attempt to update to Beta 5. I noticed I didn't have the update (I forgot to enroll the device again...). Anyway, that's not the weird part.

I rebooted into the High Sierra HDD (HFS+) installation to do the same thing. And everything went perfectly fine over there.

But after that, I did another reboot and tried to go back into the High Sierra SSD installation (which uses APFS). And...for the first time, I got into a black screen. And yes, I'm using a supported video card. There's no need for an Nvidia driver here. Not that I'm using any. Tried multiple restarts, all with the same result.

Now I feel bad that I didn't try booting into verbose mode. First stage boot looked to be completed, so this happened when initializing the OS in order to reach the Desktop.

So that was weird... So, I created a USB drive with Beta 5, rebooted, installed it from the USB and all fine after that. But I thought this was a weird incident, especially since I didn't change anything the first time I booted into the OS. I just tried to update it, realized that I don't have the update yet (after reboot I remembered why), then I booted into the other installation and everything went fine over there. But when coming back to this one, I couldn't boot into the OS anymore.

So yeah, I thought I'd share my weird experience, (not even related to the latest update, since I didn't change anything) in case it helps anyone.

Well done :

But i had an issue after upgraded the new apfs.efi DP4 driver , i had remove it and put the first apfs efi driver i used before and all works fine

I post here my radeon seetings : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312582-amd-polaris-ids-on-sierra-high-sierra/page-32?do=findComment&comment=2477008

In fact the problem with the apfs.efi driver DP4 was after the first reboot : i had the same issue as LuCyr04 reported.