[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

For those who wants to install Sierra with a Xeon CPU, must boot with arg npci=0x3000 also with VoodooTSCync.kext (IOCPUNumber = x -1 ;where x is no. of thread) .This is what I do. Of course you may have to mod your mobo bios with SSE4.1 microcode.

• Like 1

For those who wants to install Sierra with a Xeon CPU, must boot with arg npci=0x3000 also with VoodooTSCync.kext (IOCPUNumber = x -1 ;where x is no. of thread) .This is what I do. Of course you may have to mod your mobo bios with SSE4.1 microcode.

Did you try El Cap? For me,  Microcode mod ain't gonna' happen on Intel Mobo! Found this today:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309094-checkered-bw-screen-after-l5430-xeon-lga771-install-any-ideas/?hl=%2B775&do=findComment&comment=2253189

That's the screen I have when I try to boot with my 9800gt GPU in El Cap. GTX 260 is different!

Hi MaLd0n,

First post on this forum in nearly 10 years!  I started way back in 2006 with an AMD using the deadmoo image  :P

I managed to install Sierra on a pretty good working recycled desktop that I saved from the trash.  Added an updated CPU and a cheapy video card and it works pretty well.  Now, I would like to try to perfect the Power Management so that it runs more efficient/ecological.  Can you please help?  I have attached what you usually ask for.

MB: Foxconn H-I41-uATX Eton 

DISK: OSX is on ssd 65gb

CPU: Intel core2 quad q8400 stock speed

Chipset: Intel G41 Express

RAM: 4 GB 1333mhz DDR3 ram (2+2GB sticks)

GPU: EVGA GT710 1GB

LAN: RTL8169

Thanks so much in advance and I'm happy to buy you a beer!

Send me.zip

CLOVER.zip

Ioreg.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,

First post on this forum in nearly 10 years!  I started way back in 2006 with an AMD using the deadmoo image  :P

I managed to install Sierra on a pretty good working recycled desktop that I saved from the trash.  Added an updated CPU and a cheapy video card and it works pretty well.  Now, I would like to try to perfect the Power Management so that it runs more efficient/ecological.  Can you please help?  I have attached what you usually ask for.

MB: Foxconn H-I41-uATX Eton 

DISK: OSX is on ssd 65gb

CPU: Intel core2 quad q8400 stock speed

Chipset: Intel G41 Express

RAM: 4 GB 1333mhz DDR3 ram (2+2GB sticks)

GPU: EVGA GT710 1GB

LAN: RTL8169

Thanks so much in advance and I'm happy to buy you a beer!

with iMac14,1 in old hardware have a usb problem, usb is ok?

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

This is the last thing I see before the screen goes black when I try to boot with imac11,1

What do you think?

So, it does actually boot, and it appears the the driver loads too, but the display will not load.  Here is a view from Screen Sharing from my MBP.  So now i think it has something to do with the graphics driver, but I'm not sure why.

Here is another screenshot from Screen Sharing.

post-59341-0-94063800-1496536660_thumb.png

post-59341-0-38634800-1496537254_thumb.png

post-59341-0-22190900-1496537846_thumb.png

• Like 1

I had succeed to install Sierra on my old mobo Giga EP-45 UD3P  with modded BIOS for Xeon E5450 CPU.

I just finished the 771 to 775 mod on Xeon E5472 on my Gigabyte P35-DS3L Rev.2.0 board with 8 gigs of ddr2 and Nvidia 740 4GB GPU. I'm running Sierra 10.12.5 at the moment, and I'm noticing some stuttering in audio. I never experienced that before until I swapped the chip to this. Any ideas?

• Like 1

This is the last thing I see before the screen goes black when I try to boot with imac11,1

What do you think?

So, it does actually boot, and it appears the the driver loads too, but the display will not load.  Here is a view from Screen Sharing from my MBP.  So now i think it has something to do with the graphics driver, but I'm not sure why.

I get behind black screen in Sierra by using a different Board-ID (Mpro4,1, Smbios is iMac12,2). Maybe it will work for you ...

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90

snobrd4life

What do you think?

Since Sierra 10.12.5 the GT 710 will not work with imac10,1, imac11,1 et cetera (it works fine in 10.12.4 and below).
It works with smbios macpro3,1 or iMac13,1. Maybe other smbios's too, but I did not test them. I'm using macpro3,1, which works fine.
Note: if using macpro3,1 smbios with Clover bootloader, you'll need -no_compat_check.

mkELXMf.pngOduA1Ol.png