[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

Good!

Put 9800GT and go go go! :D

First: Good News it's there! I have Graphics Acceleration*!   Bad news: I had to switch out my cpu to a Core2 Duo 3.17Ghz. This is exactly the problem I was having with 10.7.5 when I switched to the Xeon Quad core. Any ideas? I have a legit 775 socket Xeon E8200 2.33 Ghz quad core that I can try to see if it is a Quad core thing or a Nvidia thing.

*Maybe not all of the acceleration, however. How do you tell if you have acceleration in 10.11.5?

ETA: I first tried the cpu with the 9800GT but after it booted I just stuck my GTX260 back in.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for quick reply, I think I've forgotten to click attach this file :D 

Sorry for my clumsy fingers :)

Reattaching my zip now :) 

attachicon.gifpiromanneo's hack.zip

test it

Replace and reboot

CLOVER.zip

if works, remove nullcpupm kext, try without it after first reboot ;)

First: Good News it's there! I have Graphics Acceleration*!   Bad news: I had to switch out my cpu to a Core2 Duo 3.17Ghz. This is exactly the problem I was having with 10.7.5 when I switched to the Xeon Quad core. Any ideas? I have a legit 775 socket Xeon E8200 2.33 Ghz quad core that I can try to see if it is a Quad core thing or a Nvidia thing.

*Maybe not all of the acceleration, however. How do you tell if you have acceleration in 10.11.5?

ETA: I first tried the cpu with the 9800GT but after it booted I just stuck my GTX260 back in.

u try a npci=0x2000 with gt9800

• Like 2

Let me know!

Good Luck!

Hi, your folder does not work (same problem as before, graphic is not initialized, only black screen (there is signal on monitor) when login screen should displayed)

NullCPUPM does not seem to affect boot progress(tried with and w/o), in verbose mode no any special errors, only VoodooHDA takes long time to find ports, and some 20-30 sec wait on this line:"busy timeout[0], (60s), kextd wait(0): "AppleACPICPU " 

• Like 1

Try Clover patches, replace two files

attachicon.gif01.zip

Does not work.. But there is progress, apart from last try now mouse is getting power (power light works) but does not work,  usb flash drive don't work no power (light don't light up) tried all ports front and rear. BTW BIOS settings are (BIOS EHCI HAND-OFF ENABLED, Legacy support ENABLED, USB 2.0 enabled and HIGH SPEED mode selected.)

To my surprise the Xeon quad core 2.33 Ghz for the 775 socket boots to El capitan! Here's an IOreg.

Full edited DSDT

try remove NullCPUPowerManagement and use Generate P and C States in config.plist

• Like 1