[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

Hello MaLd0n i followed your guide and make a hp envy 810 with haswell work well

the only thing is audio and im working on it.

I am unable to do only the adjustment of the machine, if you are so kind to make me the dsdt and your magic in clover i attach my sendmefiles

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18cy_tn3tevwu7YQbTOo0gGFtCzBgwA60

thank so much

the mobo

hp envy 810 

i7 3,4 haswell

gtx 770 

24 gb ram 1600

1 hour ago, satelitemac said:

Hello MaLd0n i followed your guide and make a hp envy 810 with haswell work well

the only thing is audio and im working on it.

I am unable to do only the adjustment of the machine, if you are so kind to make me the dsdt and your magic in clover i attach my sendmefiles

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18cy_tn3tevwu7YQbTOo0gGFtCzBgwA60

thank so much

the mobo

hp envy 810 

i7 3,4 haswell

gtx 770 

24 gb ram 1600

CLOVER.zip

SEND ME NEW DUMP AFTER REBOOT

• Like 2

Hi @MaLd0n, how are you?
can you help me to check my patch, please.

Im not sure it all work fine

this is patch I apply :

- Fix some error
- Rename EHCx to EH0x, HECI to IMEI
- Fix HPET, ALS0, USBx, power management, darwin, SBUS, fix mutex, PWR 0x6D
- IRQs (TIMR, IPIC, HPET and RTC) 
- Audio layout id 3
- In SSDT => Device UIAC, PNLF, add code abm_firstpolldelay, Device HDAU layout id 3, cosmetic for wifi card and ethernet

this is work after patch :

- QE/CI and inject EDID in DSDT
- Shutdown, restart and sleep (close and open lid)
- Audio, HDMI audio, internal mic
- Fn Brightbess up/down and Fn volume up/down
- USB 2 and USB 3

fan always running even normal usage

this is system dump

https://www47.zippyshare.com/v/sUVW8WSd/file.html

sorry I upload in zippyshare, upload file in insanelymac always error

thank so much maldon for your help

59 minutes ago, idris iqbal said:

Hi @MaLd0n, how are you?
can you help me to check my patch, please.

Im not sure it all work fine

this is patch I apply :

- Fix some error
- Rename EHCx to EH0x, HECI to IMEI
- Fix HPET, ALS0, USBx, power management, darwin, SBUS, fix mutex, PWR 0x6D
- IRQs (TIMR, IPIC, HPET and RTC) 
- Audio layout id 3
- In SSDT => Device UIAC, PNLF, add code abm_firstpolldelay, Device HDAU layout id 3, cosmetic for wifi card and ethernet

this is work after patch :

- QE/CI and inject EDID in DSDT
- Shutdown, restart and sleep (close and open lid)
- Audio, HDMI audio, internal mic
- Fn Brightbess up/down and Fn volume up/down
- USB 2 and USB 3

fan always running even normal usage

this is system dump

https://www47.zippyshare.com/v/sUVW8WSd/file.html

sorry I upload in zippyshare, upload file in insanelymac always error

thank so much maldon for your help

looks good

just one thing, if u use a FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, dont use UsbInjectAll, i prefer UsbInjectAll

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, idris iqbal said:

699271353_ScreenShot2018-05-20at12_27_22.thumb.png.094bc7c96c88fa992515705840f30ada.png

in intel power gadget, lowest frequency is only 1,30.

that is right??

wrong

u need read comments here, have a fix

i think a minimal frequency is 800mhz

• Like 1

8 hours ago, idris iqbal said:

ok thank maldon, I will try step in link
but, that it work for broadwell?? my own is broadwell

Just about frequencies ;) need create one injector

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, idris iqbal said:

Hi @MaLd0n

Do you mean use ssdtprgen and frequency.sh from piker alpha??

u can try, the bug appears only in notebooks, desktop is fine, 800mhz

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 10:20 PM, MaLd0n said:

No

back up untouched applehda in s/l/e and put mod

Hi @MaLd0n,

It seems that appldhda patch still not work on my side. However, I try to update to 10.13 and the audio work perfectly now. And the whole machine runs very well without any issue to be detected after one week.

The only concern is that, it seems that, for x99, 10.13.4 disable the overclocking, which means that the previous method about CPU frequency seems no longer work. I've check with Internet about this issue with no luck. Do you have solution to deal with this?

Thanks so much.

On 5/5/2018 at 10:20 PM, MaLd0n said:

No

back up untouched applehda in s/l/e and put mod

Hi @MaLd0n,

It seems that appldhda patch still not work on my side. However, I try to update to 10.13 and the audio work perfectly now. And the whole machine runs very well without any issue to be detected after one week.

The only concern is that, it seems that, for x99, 10.13.4 disable the overclocking, which means that the previous method about CPU frequency seems no longer work. I've check with Internet about this issue with no luck. Do you have solution to deal with this?

Thanks so much.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 7:38 PM, MaLd0n said:

CLOVER.zip

SEND ME NEW DUMP AFTER REBOOT

I just tested your config and it works fine, recognizes the pci but I still need to put a kext for the ethernet and another for the audio card. im testing all but seems work like a charm

THANK U SO MUCH

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xiaodai said:

Hi @MaLd0n,

Thanks so much.

Hi @MaLd0n,

Thanks so much.

no idea, my x99 is gone ;)

3 hours ago, satelitemac said:

I just tested your config and it works fine, recognizes the pci but I still need to put a kext for the ethernet and another for the audio card. im testing all but seems work like a charm

THANK U SO MUCH

run app again, i need a a new dump

RunMe.app

• Like 1

How are you doing.  I have this SandyBridge Laptop and having a hard time getting the EH01 ports to work therefore two USB ports not working, and I was told it was most likely do to the EC registers that are over 8 bytes, can stop some of the ACPI code from completing the process.  I used a battery patch in DSDT but I need to make the patch better since it did not change some of the registers but patched it good enough for battery to work.

Are you into DSDT patching for battery?  The rest of my system works just fine just EH01 port.  SendMe files attached.   Won't let me upload so I have link to dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qo8dnztkewlyzh/Send me osxfr33ks-MBP.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

Edited by oSxFr33k

On 5/22/2018 at 10:54 AM, oSxFr33k said:

How are you doing.  I have this SandyBridge Laptop and having a hard time getting the EH01 ports to work therefore two USB ports not working, and I was told it was most likely do to the EC registers that are over 8 bytes, can stop some of the ACPI code from completing the process.  I used a battery patch in DSDT but I need to make the patch better since it did not change some of the registers but patched it good enough for battery to work.

Are you into DSDT patching for battery?  The rest of my system works just fine just EH01 port.  SendMe files attached.   Won't let me upload so I have link to dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qo8dnztkewlyzh/Send me osxfr33ks-MBP.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

serie 6 don't need USB injectall

• Like 2

Actually you are right I don't know why I am using it.  Could this be the cause of EH01 being disabled?  I still need to create some USB injector then correct, these are USB2 only ports and I know on my Asus G51JX areendale laptop I need a port injector or I have no USB at all.

44 minutes ago, oSxFr33k said:

Actually you are right I don't know why I am using it.  Could this be the cause of EH01 being disabled?  I still need to create some USB injector then correct, these are USB2 only ports and I know on my Asus G51JX areendale laptop I need a port injector or I have no USB at all.

take a shot

DSDT.aml.zip

i think u can drop all OEM tables in this notebook, don't have any dependencies SSDT

• Like 2