[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

CLOVER.zip

m2 use samsung 960, native support

send me new dump after reboot with new files

Gee.. Thank you so much Maldon..
I've used your modified clover in my 10.12.6, but it keeps getting KP on VoodooPS2.
So I tried to fresh install it and it works..
Keyboard & GPU are working flawless.

But, there is still no sound coming from my speaker, and I can't tap on my touchpad..

sound.png

trackpad.png

Here's my new dump

Edited by rio_suck
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rio_suck said:

Gee.. Thank you so much Maldon..
I've used your modified clover in my 10.12.6, but it keeps getting KP on VoodooPS2.
So I tried to fresh install it and it works..
Keyboard & GPU are working flawless.

But, there is still no sound coming from my speaker, and I can't tap on my touchpad..

sound.png

trackpad.png

Here's my new dump

u need check ur audio codec and ur touchpad

2 hours ago, firefly_can_fly said:

All the usb ports even usb 2.0 working as usb 3.0. Is it okay? 

Yes, all ports work inside USB 3 Bus

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

u need check ur audio codec and ur touchpad

Audio now work.. i'm using ALC-130 command..
Touchpad still having problem.. i'll look into it later..

Thank you Maldon for your guidance

1 hour ago, rio_suck said:

Audio now work.. i'm using ALC-130 command..
Touchpad still having problem.. i'll look into it later..

Thank you Maldon for your guidance

Welcome.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Hi MaLdOn,

I am not sure whether I should attach the send_me package here.

If so, thanks so much!

Send me soccf-dbr1-002.d1.comp.nus.edu.sg.zip

Currently, my hack relatively works but the front audio not. It cannot detect headphone as a device and I do not know why.

It seems my file is too big to upload. You can also get it via https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ncQWzJg26ZLO4AH1jcQxsDCsPF_mgkqo Thanks!

Edited by xiaodai

7 hours ago, xiaodai said:

Hi MaLdOn,

I am not sure whether I should attach the send_me package here.

If so, thanks so much!

Send me soccf-dbr1-002.d1.comp.nus.edu.sg.zip

Currently, my hack relatively works but the front audio not. It cannot detect headphone as a device and I do not know why.

It seems my file is too big to upload. You can also get it via https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ncQWzJg26ZLO4AH1jcQxsDCsPF_mgkqo Thanks!

https://www106.zippyshare.com/v/TeHWAnKL/file.html
audio, u just need try other layout-id

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

https://www106.zippyshare.com/v/TeHWAnKL/file.html
audio, u just need try other layout-id

Thanks so much!

The pci configuration works.

However, I have several questions about that,

1) The ether driver you provides in the kext folder seems not work, I change to 

and it works now. I have no idea about what is wrong and whether it is fine for my current situation?

2) The nvme ssd does not work. I can see a nvme flash drive has been identified by pci configuration but I cannot see disk on disk utility. Previously, I use a patch from 

and it work.

The patch is:

Code (Text):
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "NVMe-Pcc", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    Method (_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LNot (Arg2))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x04)
        {
            "class-code",
            Buffer (0x04)
            {
                 0xFF, 0x08, 0x01, 0x00
            },

"built-in",
            Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00
            }
        })
    }
}

I try to add "class-code" to your dsdt and it seems work now.

And also I have patched https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme.  Do I handle this issue in a right way?

3) Previously, also followed the post mentioned above, I used Piker-Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh and Piker-Alpha's freqVectorsEdit.sh to enable xcpm. I was wondering whether those patches are still needed and whether they will work fine along with your pci conf.

4) For applealc, would you mean to change the number (1, currently) in the device audio inject? For my ALC1150, I've tried 1,2,3,5,7,11 with no luck. The headphone appears in HDA conf, but no device.

QQ20180504-130452.png.3afb574053b0cd5de7e9972d3bcd57cf.png

5) For slot in pci configuration, I was wondering whether it is important. For example, I use a pcie bluetooth+wifi card on slot4, but it is identified as built-in. Will it just to be used for display?

QQ20180504-114124.thumb.png.2213aec3b8c5c381acd9c620c2087a0f.png

Thanks so much again! 

Edited by xiaodai

Hello, MaLd0n.

I wonder if you can help me to improve my hackintosh.

I have just installed HS 10.13.0, cloning from another hackintosh, and modifying Clover.

It's installed on a MBR SSD. It's an C2D T9300, 3 GB RAM, Intel GMA X3100, audio recognised with Mirone Apple HDA Patcher, WIFI "out-of-the-box" thanks to a mini-PCIe Atheros AR5B91.

I know I cannot have QE/CI due to the GMA X3100, but I'd like to patch a little bit DSDTs and try to improve the Clover config to get the machine to work a little bit better, if it's possible.

Besides, I don't find anywhere anybody talking about patching Core2Duos hackintoshes.

So, if you can help me, thank you a lot,

I'm attaching the "Send me files" zip.

EDIT: I cannot upload it, I'm getting error, so I've uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rf2h6bdi2jn35mk/Send me oscars-iMac-6.zip?dl=1

Sorry for that and thanks again,

Edited by skyfly555

I forgot to say I had to use some patches after cloning the SSD from another HS hackintosh, patches by dosdude1, and they let me to boot my hackintosh, defined as a MacBook 5,1 on SMBIOS (MacBook 5,1 is not supported by HS "out-of-the-box").

I created a tutorial, where I explained how I installed Sierra on this machine (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322754-tutorial-sierra-on-an-unsupported-acer-aspire-5315-5715z-laptop-it-works-good/), now I have upgraded that idea to High Sierra using Clover r4444.

I hope this information can help you, so you can help me :)

10 hours ago, xiaodai said:

Thanks so much!

The pci configuration works.

However, I have several questions about that,

1) The ether driver you provides in the kext folder seems not work, I change to 

and it works now. I have no idea about what is wrong and whether it is fine for my current situation?

2) The nvme ssd does not work. I can see a nvme flash drive has been identified by pci configuration but I cannot see disk on disk utility. Previously, I use a patch from 

and it work.

The patch is:

Code (Text):
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "NVMe-Pcc", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    Method (_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LNot (Arg2))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x04)
        {
            "class-code",
            Buffer (0x04)
            {
                 0xFF, 0x08, 0x01, 0x00
            },

"built-in",
            Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00
            }
        })
    }
}

I try to add "class-code" to your dsdt and it seems work now.

And also I have patched https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme.  Do I handle this issue in a right way?

3) Previously, also followed the post mentioned above, I used Piker-Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh and Piker-Alpha's freqVectorsEdit.sh to enable xcpm. I was wondering whether those patches are still needed and whether they will work fine along with your pci conf.

4) For applealc, would you mean to change the number (1, currently) in the device audio inject? For my ALC1150, I've tried 1,2,3,5,7,11 with no luck. The headphone appears in HDA conf, but no device.

QQ20180504-130452.png.3afb574053b0cd5de7e9972d3bcd57cf.png

5) For slot in pci configuration, I was wondering whether it is important. For example, I use a pcie bluetooth+wifi card on slot4, but it is identified as built-in. Will it just to be used for display?

QQ20180504-114124.thumb.png.2213aec3b8c5c381acd9c620c2087a0f.png

Thanks so much again! 

use high sierra, check if ur NVME have a native support, sierra dont have native support

• Like 1

Just now, MaLd0n said:

use high sierra, check if ur NVME have a native support, sierra dont have native support

The nvme works now after add class-code, I just wanna double check with you whether such solution is proper.

I have tried to inject audio with all available layout id with no luck. Do you have any comments about the reason that the headphone cannot be identified as a device?

Thanks so much.

3 minutes ago, xiaodai said:

The nvme works now after add class-code, I just wanna double check with you whether such solution is proper.

I have tried to inject audio with all available layout id with no luck. Do you have any comments about the reason that the headphone cannot be identified as a device?

Thanks so much.

send me new dump with new files

RunMe.app.zip

• Like 1

On 4/21/2017 at 9:06 PM, MaLd0n said:
If you need a full patched DSDT... 
-Extract tables with F4 key in Clover boot screen!
-Run it and send me files!

Hi, here my debug file. I've used some Rehabman's patches but I do not know if it's gud for my dell ins 14 5447 (intel 8 series chipset). Internal audio + headphone work well and I tried to patch HDMI audio but it's not working (im using AppleALC+Lilu). So, can U help me patch DSDT or at least tell me if I wrong somewhere. Thanks
I cant upload debug file cuz forum limit 10mb size, so here's gdrive link: https://goo.gl/FHmQNv

Edited by mrminhlong

6 hours ago, xiaodai said:

Thanks for the reply. I have tried every layout id, no luck.

Very wired that, VodooHDA will enable the front audio but AppleALC cannot.

try a AppleHdaPatcher

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, xiaodai said:

Drag the 1150 folder to the app will generate an applehda.kext, and then put it to clover folder? Am I right?

No

back up untouched applehda in s/l/e and put mod

• Like 1

Hello, MaLd0n,

I wonder if you read my last two posts, related to my Acer Aspire 5315 with High Sierra 10.13.

The main two issues I’m trying to solve are:

1- When I boot, one of two times I get the attached image, and I have to shutdown and switch on again the laptop to get the desktop loaded. This happened before, with Sierra, but maybe one of every three boots.

2- Only 2 of 3 USBs work. This happened with Sierra too.

I hope this can be solved with DSDT patching, but I don’t know what I have to do.

Thank you again.

3CF00022-CB0C-4ACB-BCD5-54A2AA831CF0.png