For those who experience incomplete power management with the HWP, here's the solution  [Updated: 2017-02-11] @dpassmore suggested me to use tiny SSDT method to inject Plugin-Type instead of using ssdtPRGen. Here's the refined SSDT-pr I made(use _DSM) SSDT-pr.aml.zip HWPEnable = Yes Piker's MSR 0xE2 lock patch to fix instant reboot(in KernelToPatch) Comment: MSR 0xE2 _xcpm_idle instant reboot (c) Pike R. Alpha MatchOS: 10.12 Find: 20b9e200 00000f30 Replace: 20b9e200 00009090 Through Clover config.plist <key>KernelToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>MSR 0xE2 _xcpm_idle instant reboot(c) Pike R. Alpha</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> ILniAAAADzA= </data> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.12</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> ILniAAAAkJA= </data> </dict> </array> choose HWP support model, e.g. MacBook9,1, MacBookPro13,1, MacBookPro13,2, MacBookPro13,3 Here's the proof from my XPS 13 9350(Iris 540 model)   Note: for better battery life and cpu temperature, you also need to tune with X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources, I injected more power management properties for  i7-6560: Base frequency: 2.20Ghz Max turbo frequency: 3.20Ghz I even lower 6550's threshold down to 0.50Ghz which can never achieve while using MacBookPro13,2 with vanilla X86PlatformPlugin.kext power_reduced_playback thermally_optimized_xcode optimized_photobooth thermally_optimized_xcode optimized_screensavers optimized_slideshows optimized_visualizers thermally_optimized_maps the rest with optimized_* and thermall_*, powe_reduced* are extracted from MacBook9,1's config file: Mac-9AE82516C7C6B903.plist, here's where to change:   The temperate and frequency are pretty well now! I will post more detail about how to tune the frequency vector later. But, since I have 2 dues and 2 mid terms soon, my post will be slow.   credit Pike R. Alpha(_xcpm_idle patch stop the kernel panic) credit David Passmore(SMBios solution such that all Dell Skylake laptop can enjoy this flash function) ​credit syscl (full HWP Enable)   Good luck, syscl