[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Hello and thanks for your quick response. I tried your EFI folder but unfortunately the issues are still there. System goes black screen and reboot whenever i try to plug an hdmi cable into igpu and QuickSync is also still not working  :(  :(

Schermata_2018_01_19_alle_18_01_00.png

I attach new ioreg and report  :)

EDIT: GEEKBENCH SCORES

CPU - HD630 - GTX1080

That IGPU SCORE = 0 sounds not good at all

for hardware acceleration, use shiki kext + shikigva=60

for hardware acceleration, use shiki kext + shikigva=60

Man your work is AWESOME  :D  :D

I gave up about trying to make integrated hdmi works, so i used your efi folder but i changed the platform-id to a connector-less one (0x59120000 to 0x59120003) and now booting with flag shikigva=60 works perfectly fine:

- IGPU Encoding is perfectly working (even if geekbench continues to give me "0"as gpu benchmark result (https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/1872198))

- Sleep/Wake works fine without any darkwake flag

- I can see all my PCI devices 

- HDMI Audio works too and this time it also survives a complete sleep/wake cycle

- System boot time is about 10 seconds less than before

I just have some final questions regarding this build:

- Is the flag "IntelGFX 0x59128086" really needed? 

- I still have the feeling that my desktop is lagging a bit while for example i move a window from the first display to the second, do you know any possible fix for this issue? 

- I'm also planning to add an M2 ssd to my build, will your DSDT survive at that system change? or will i need a new one? 

Thanks a lot for your time and dedication  :)

EDIT: After some deep testing i can confirm i'm having issues with gpu's. Facebook/Youtube videos are lagging and freezing a lot on both safari and google chrome and also desktop is slow as f**k :(  :(

• Like 1

Man your work is AWESOME  :D  :D

I gave up about trying to make integrated hdmi works, so i used your efi folder but i changed the platform-id to a connector-less one (0x59120000 to 0x59120003) and now booting with flag shikigva=60 works perfectly fine:

- IGPU Encoding is perfectly working (even if geekbench continues to give me "0"as gpu benchmark result (https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/1872198))

- Sleep/Wake works fine without any darkwake flag

- I can see all my PCI devices 

- HDMI Audio works too and this time it also survives a complete sleep/wake cycle

- System boot time is about 10 seconds less than before

- I still have the feeling that my desktop is lagging a bit while for example i move a window from the first display to the second, do you know any possible fix for this issue? 

- I'm also planning to add an M2 ssd to my build, will your DSDT survive at that system change? or will i need a new one? 

Thanks a lot for your time and dedication  :)

EDIT: After some deep testing i can confirm i'm having issues with gpu's. Facebook/Youtube videos are lagging and freezing a lot on both safari and google chrome and also desktop is slow as f**k :(  :(

u use sensors plug ins fakesmc? if yes, remove

take a test, disable intelhd in bios e check if system work fine

both GPU in hackintosh work, but cause some problem ever

u can use without problem, but if work without it, just remove

test without fakesmc sensors

use only ur NVIDIA

check if work good

just add

Hi MaLd0n, could you please have a look at my files and patch my DSDT? I have a trouble with my multi monitor setup not waking up from sleep. Thank you in advance.

CLOVER.zip

BLACK SCREEN PROBLEM

if don't work, the problem is Nvidia web driver with multi monitor or need wait solution in Clover

u can try disable/enable CSM option in Bios

• Like 2

u use sensors plug ins fakesmc? if yes, remove

take a test, disable intelhd in bios e check if system work fine

both GPU in hackintosh work, but cause some problem ever

u can use without problem, but if work without it, just remove

test without fakesmc sensors

use only ur NVIDIA

check if work good

just add

Removed all Sensors Plugins and since i'm now using igpu with connector-less id i have also removed IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. 

The situation seems a lot better now, anyway i'm gonna test my system more tomorrow and let you know  :D

• Like 1

k

both gpus work, but in some cases slow boot, lag system and other problems

Hello, here's the results of a whole day of testing: 

Without Intelgraphicsfixup the system seems generally stable and working without graphical glitches or crashes, but the real pain comes when i use Google Chrome. 

Chrome is almost unusable, it lags a lot even when just a single tab is open. Just to make and example:

- Monitor 1 is running 4/5 chrome tabs | Monitor 2 is running a single chrome tab (youtube)

- Whenever i switch from a tab to another, the youtube video on monitor 2 freeze for something like 5-10 seconds

- Typing something like a simple email or this post on the forum is like typing on a 10 years old laptop

- Many more random glitches

That doesnt happens when i use Safari, but unfortunately i'm forced to keep using chrome for most of my tasks (because of some extensions i do really need).

Here's everything i tried (without luck) to fix this issue:

- Disable patched GPU SSDT

- Disable Integrated GPU (from BIOS: IGPU MultiMonitor OFF, Primary Graphics PCI) 

- Disable all Clover DSDT patches

- Disable all Clover DSDT fixes (FixRegions, Delete Unused, FixHeaders, FixMutex)

- Remove patched DSDT from acpi/patched

- Shiki OFF (-shikioff)

- NVIDIAGraphicsFixup OFF (-ngfxoff)

- Disable kext-dev-mode=1 

- Disable IntelGFX FakeID

- Disable Inject Intel and ig-platform-id

- Disable all KextsToPatch (AppleAHCIPort, AppleUSBXHCIPCI)

The fun part is that even with all those options and kexts disabled my system still boots and works fine, but unfortunately the issue with chrome does continue...

I've also tried reinstalling chrome, and tried to connect my macbook pro 2015 to all my monitors and do the same test with google chrome and youtube.... and on my macbook it works like a charm...

So i'm really out of ideas now... dont know what to do next...  :(

• Like 1

Hello, here's the results of a whole day of testing: 

Without Intelgraphicsfixup the system seems generally stable and working without graphical glitches or crashes, but the real pain comes when i use Google Chrome. 

Chrome is almost unusable, it lags a lot even when just a single tab is open. Just to make and example:

- Monitor 1 is running 4/5 chrome tabs | Monitor 2 is running a single chrome tab (youtube)

- Whenever i switch from a tab to another, the youtube video on monitor 2 freeze for something like 5-10 seconds

- Typing something like a simple email or this post on the forum is like typing on a 10 years old laptop

- Many more random glitches

That doesnt happens when i use Safari, but unfortunately i'm forced to keep using chrome for most of my tasks (because of some extensions i do really need).

Here's everything i tried (without luck) to fix this issue:

- Disable patched GPU SSDT

- Disable Integrated GPU (from BIOS: IGPU MultiMonitor OFF, Primary Graphics PCI) 

- Disable all Clover DSDT patches

- Disable all Clover DSDT fixes (FixRegions, Delete Unused, FixHeaders, FixMutex)

- Remove patched DSDT from acpi/patched

- Shiki OFF (-shikioff)

- NVIDIAGraphicsFixup OFF (-ngfxoff)

- Disable kext-dev-mode=1 

- Disable IntelGFX FakeID

- Disable Inject Intel and ig-platform-id

- Disable all KextsToPatch (AppleAHCIPort, AppleUSBXHCIPCI)

The fun part is that even with all those options and kexts disabled my system still boots and works fine, but unfortunately the issue with chrome does continue...

I've also tried reinstalling chrome, and tried to connect my macbook pro 2015 to all my monitors and do the same test with google chrome and youtube.... and on my macbook it works like a charm...

So i'm really out of ideas now... dont know what to do next...  :(

check here

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1839

idk but u can test for check

• Like 2

Unfortunately those patches seems to have been deprecated on latest macos versions.

I'm attaching a GPU report made by Chrome itself, could you please take a look and tell me if you see something strange?

but now, many pple report same problem in all foruns, i think is related agpm, need check it

• Like 1

I mainly avoid them due their BIOS structure and encapsulation. I had problems with sleep and improper shutdown. So we remain with Gigabyte / Asus / MSI. What can you say about eVGA? Their problem is that have MSR Locked mobos and only 64mbit chip.

• Like 1

but now, many pple report same problem in all foruns, i think is related agpm, need check it 

Maybe i've found a temporary solution for chrome issues. 

Release notes of latest Shiki revision: 

Added more processes to the temporary 10.13 NVIDIA whitelist (Chrome, Slack, VS Code)

Note: #ignore-gpu-blacklist is necessary to be enabled in chrome://flags (see #13)

So the key is to add +12 to shiki arguments (in my case shikigva=28) and then open chrome, go to chrome://flags#ignore-gpu-blacklist and activate.... Hardware Acceleration is now fully enabled on chrome and lag issues are almost completely gone (it's still not perfect as the equivalent Win10 version but it's night and day from the previous user experience)

• Like 1

Maybe i've found a temporary solution for chrome issues. 

Release notes of latest Shiki revision: 

So the key is to add +12 to shiki arguments (in my case shikigva=28) and then open chrome, go to chrome://flags#ignore-gpu-blacklist and activate.... Hardware Acceleration is now fully enabled on chrome and lag issues are almost completely gone (it's still not perfect as the equivalent Win10 version but it's night and day from the previous user experience)

Nice. Thx for Sharing!

• Like 1

Hallo to everybody, this is my first post. I'm Italian and I apologize for my english mistakes.

A question for MaLdOn:

Instead of sending tables and bother you with custom DSDT requests, could you explain hot to patch our own DSDT?

thak you for your reply.

• Like 1

all patches in clover or SSDT is not a good idea, u can rename some devices and apply new device in ssdt, sound like not a good idea

i like check ioreg and apply all patches, essentials and cosmetics ;)

many patches, credits, etc is here in a old tread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/235523-dsdt-auto-patcher/

• Like 1