[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

@Slice Thanks for the quick reply.  When I was trying to hack a Kabylake rig (i7-7700 / HD630, Intel Q270), there were no known solutions for getting the Kabylake to wake from sleep without using a dGPU.  In this thread, I originally asked the question here and then posted my conclusion here.  At the time, I found no one who claimed to have working wake with HD630 iGPU (always wakes to dark screen and only remedy is to force shutdown and reboot).  Do you believe that this has changed and if so, can you post a link to a thread where someone has working wake with Kabylake / HD630 iGPU?  Thank you.

Here are some related posts

Edited by deeveedee

On 9/23/2022 at 12:59 PM, deeveedee said:

@MaLd0n I asked this before, but it's been a while so I'm asking again.  Is there a solution for fully working sleep/wake with Kabylake (e.g., i7-7700) and only iGPU (HD630) without a dGPU?  Thank you.

kabylake just work fine

• Thanks 1

@MaLd0n Ok - good to know.  I haven't found anyone else who has working wake with Kabylake and only iGPU.  I've only seen reports of Kabylake / HD630 wake working with dGPU.  I guess I'll have to test again.  Maybe WhateverGreen has fixed this now.

EDIT: @MaLd0n I just did another search and as recently as July 2022, there are still reports that the only working solution for Kabylake / HD630 is to disable sleep.  Have you personally seen Kabylake / HD630 (Desktop) wake working or do you know of a thread that reports success with Kabylake / HD630 Desktop wake? I should have mentioned that I'm referring to a desktop and not laptop.

Edited by deeveedee

On 9/24/2022 at 8:21 PM, deeveedee said:

@MaLd0n Ok - good to know.  I haven't found anyone else who has working wake with Kabylake and only iGPU.  I've only seen reports of Kabylake / HD630 wake working with dGPU.  I guess I'll have to test again.  Maybe WhateverGreen has fixed this now.

EDIT: @MaLd0n I just did another search and as recently as July 2022, there are still reports that the only working solution for Kabylake / HD630 is to disable sleep.  Have you personally seen Kabylake / HD630 (Desktop) wake working or do you know of a thread that reports success with Kabylake / HD630 Desktop wake? I should have mentioned that I'm referring to a desktop and not laptop.

I asked on applelife forum and yes Kabylake desktop never wake from sleep.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...