[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

need discovery what is this

AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)

Dunno, it's something in the motherboard. I see it's settings in the bios (I suppose).

But the report first - it's the same, after the sleep in woke up (now only by poser button, mouse and keyboard ain't working anymore) but it still cannot turn on the display. I can show a video, dunno how to upload. But the idea is simple - display shows that it has a signal, then turns off, then back on. Screen is black, just messages appears. And I still can connect remotely and via screen sharing everything is working fine. So, maybe i'm writing nonsence, but does it mean that sleep is working fine except video init or something like that?

Now, there are some settings in the bios regarding this "case", I have no idea what it means, newer seen anything like that before.  Here's the description from the manual:

1. 15) CI (Chassis Intrusion Header)

This motherboard provides a chassis detection feature that detects if the chassis cover has been removed. This function requires a chassis with chassis intrusion detection design.

Pin No. 1

De nition Signal GND 

And BIOS settings:

PC Health Status

• &  Reset Case Open Status

Disabled Keeps or clears the record of previous chassis intrusion status. (Default)

Enabled Clears the record of previous chassis intrusion status and the Case Open eld will show

"No" at next boot.

• &  Case Open

Displays the detection status of the chassis intrusion detection device attached to the motherboard CI header. If the system chassis cover is removed, this eld will show "Yes", otherwise it will show "No". To clear the chassis intrusion status record, set Reset Case Open Status to Enabled, save the settings to the CMOS, and then restart your system. 

It is set to "disabled" now. Is it possible to rename this device to something meaningless in order to stop macos attempts to manage it?

I have found also "SW guard extensions" was "on" so I disabled it. Here's the new dsdt, if necessary. Thank you for your help, man. I'm completely lost and frustrated by all of these.

I have attached the most current dsdt, not sure is it changed after I changed some bios settings

dsdt.tar.gz

• Like 1

U have a last bios version?

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

wake only in power button, yes i disable wake from usb to avoid problems

No, my fault, just found that they released the new version two weeks ago and I still have previous (F5): 

Version
Size
Date
Download
Description
F6b
5.70 MB 
2018/01/10
  1. Update CPU Microcode

Gimme a few minutes to install it along with the new dsdt and I'll report back again

updat5e bios to last version, remove old dsdt, extract new dsdt with new bios version

Maybe I did something wrong? This is where I put the dsdt you sent me:

viktor@Viktors-iMac:~/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched $ ls -latotal 315
drwxrwxrwx  1 viktor  staff     512 Jan 28 20:11 .
drwxrwxrwx  1 viktor  staff     512 Jan 28 04:44 ..
-rwxrwxrwx  1 viktor  staff  160002 Jan 28 20:00 DSDT.aml
viktor@Viktors-iMac:~/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched $ pwd
/Users/viktor/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
viktor@Viktors-iMac:~/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched $ mount |grep EFI
/dev/disk0s1 on /Volumes/EFI (msdos, asynchronous, local, noowners)
viktor@Viktors-iMac:~/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched $

Maybe I have to change something in the bios settings?

just extract new after bios update, press f4 in clover boot screen, files generated in clover/acpi/origin

Here it is

dsdt.and.ioreg.tar.gz

• Like 1

Maybe I did something wrong? This is where I put the dsdt you sent me:

viktor@Viktors-iMac:~/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched $ ls -latotal 315
drwxrwxrwx  1 viktor  staff     512 Jan 28 20:11 .
drwxrwxrwx  1 viktor  staff     512 Jan 28 04:44 ..
-rwxrwxrwx  1 viktor  staff  160002 Jan 28 20:00 DSDT.aml
viktor@Viktors-iMac:~/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched $ pwd
/Users/viktor/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
viktor@Viktors-iMac:~/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched $ mount |grep EFI
/dev/disk0s1 on /Volumes/EFI (msdos, asynchronous, local, noowners)
viktor@Viktors-iMac:~/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched $

Maybe I have to change something in the bios settings?

Here it is

U can try disable IntelHD Graphics?

DSDT.NEW BIOS.zip

• Like 2

U can try disable IntelHD Graphics?

attachicon.gifDSDT.NEW BIOS.zip

Wow! It works! Dunno is it because of intel hd disabling or new dsdt, but it woke up and I see the screen!

Thank you so much!

Another problem appeared btw. Now there's kernel_task consuming about 20-30% cpu and bluetooth mouse is very laggy. Might it be related to these changes? I've attached current ioreg

iMac.ioreg.gz

• Like 1

the problem is intelhd, if disable, work

BT, use extensions and put dongle near the mouse

Wow! It works! Dunno is it because of intel hd disabling or new dsdt, but it woke up and I see the screen!

Thank you so much!

Another problem appeared btw. Now there's kernel_task consuming about 20-30% cpu and bluetooth mouse is very laggy. Might it be related to these changes? I've attached current ioreg

ioreg looks good

• Like 2

the problem is intelhd, if disable, work

BT, use extensions and put dongle near the mouse

I don't have dongle, it's a native apple bt/wifi card installed in the mb via m.2 connector. I put the antenna near but mouse is still laggy though it works well in the bios, for example. It became like that after some dsdt upgrade, I suppose. Even remote screen sharing is very slow... What extensions could I use for the mouse? It was working fine without anything, even handoff and other stuff was fine.

Btw, on the #insanelymac irc channel I've been told that disabling intel hd would lead to the video playback problems - isn't it true? PPl said that macos uses igfx for decoding, even if there's discrete gfx installed.

Will check sleep/wake with the igfx enabled once more. Thank you so much! How could I send you at least a mug of beer? ))

• Like 1

I don't have dongle, it's a native apple bt/wifi card installed in the mb via m.2 connector. I put the antenna near but mouse is still laggy though it works well in the bios, for example. It became like that after some dsdt upgrade, I suppose. Even remote screen sharing is very slow... What extensions could I use for the mouse? It was working fine without anything, even handoff and other stuff was fine.

Btw, on the #insanelymac irc channel I've been told that disabling intel hd would lead to the video playback problems - isn't it true? PPl said that macos uses igfx for decoding, even if there's discrete gfx installed.

Will check sleep/wake with the igfx enabled once more. Thank you so much! How could I send you at least a mug of beer? ))

try with injector BT, is brodacom correct?

BluetoothDevBroadcomInjector.kext.zip

u can use hardware acceleration with intel HD + shiki kext + shigva flag, but if u need sleep...have a problem.

beer is here http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&xs=1&isjs=1&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.paypal.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwebscr%3Fcmd%3D_s-xclick%26hosted_button_id%3DRYQ6CGUGK5D6S&xguid=6a8236aac9bfdfda0e898dfe98eb5126&xuuid=35a482a9b0824ffdb58071e4aebeeaca&xsessid=e8b332c26fd158afc2a64a2490da08aa&xcreo=0&xed=0&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insanelymac.com%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F332021-msi-gv62-7re-1013-installation%2F&pref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insanelymac.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsearch%26do%3DviewNewContent%26search_app%3Dforums&xtz=120

let me know if work

Here is my rampage vi apex files that u need. Please help me. Thx a bunch.

Here it is Please help me :D

:D

i need a time for check all patches for x299, i don't have any for test and create all patches, i'll check it

Here is my rampage vi apex files that u need. Please help me. Thx a bunch.

Here it is Please help me :D

:D

Try

DSDT.aml.zip

Put DSDT in Clover/Acpi/patched, reboot, if u have problems press O key in Clover boot screen, go to Acpi Patching/DSDT Name and put DSDT02.aml and DSDT.aml dont load 

• Like 2

First... :yes:
***Update bios to last available version!***

If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake...
-Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen)
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generated in your desktop

This guide is not a step by step, if you need one, see here :hysterical: 
Look at my Clover folders and understand what we really need, this is the best way to learn :wink_anim: 

-Installation :) 

--Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra
Check out the link

--Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra
Check out the link

--Install Clover in USB stick

--Replace with my Clover folder 
-Serie 100/200/300
-X299

--Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system!
-Post Installation :) 

--Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder
-Serie 100/200/300
-X299

--Reboot and activate video!

-Nvidia WebDriver Sierra
-Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra
-Cuda

Bingo!

-DSDT  :wub: 

--DSDT mobo GA Z270 Gaming K3

--DSDT mobo Asus ROG STRIX Z370 F Gaming

--DSDT mobo Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming

--You can check amazin' and very detailed tutorial about Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming by glasgood

--DSDT mobo GA Z170XP SLI

--You can check amazin' and very detailed tutorial about GA Z170XP SLI by Allan

--DSDT mobo ASROCK Z170  EXTREME 7

Patches
-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BLC0
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-IMEI
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI
---To avoid problems use some patches in config.plist, don't forget!---
GLAN to GIGE
474c 414e
4749 4745

GFX0 to IGPU

HDAS to HDEF

HECI to IMEI
494d4549 

SAT0 to SATA
-SSDT :) 
Generate your SSDT for PM, use ssdtPRGen by Piker-Alpha

or just use "plugin-type"=0x01 in DSDT, SSDT or Clover config.plist

for check Power, Frequency, Temperature and Utilization, use it

-Clover

-Lan driver by Mieze :) 

-Atheros

-Intel

-Realtek

-Links :) 

-FakeSmc

-Audio

-USB

if u like, Rate Topic

It's time to Rockattachicon.gifguitar.gif

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!

Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!

ENJOY!

hi mald0n can you help me to fix sleep issue,, sometimes my laptop can sleep and wake normaly, but sometimes it just restart instead of sleep, and sometimes it can sleep and wake but after a few minutes my laptop reboot automaticly. hope you can help me to solve it

• Like 1

I put bt for later because still have issues with the sleep. I left it sleeping tonight and, I suppose, it woke up later, and i found it this morning in the same state - fans are running, display is blinking, cannot turn it on, remote screen sharing connection is working. Left it for a while ant it felt asleep, then woke up again with the same display problem.

After that I connected remotely via screen sharing again and pressed "sleep" in the menu, and - voila - screen picture magically appeared, everything ok. Do you have any ideas how to fix it? My boot arguments are: 

<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -disablegfxfirmware darkwake=0</string>

Ok, or maybe there's any other video card or motherboard that would work without problems? I had gt-1030 at first and nvidia web drivers were terrible - windowmanager constantly crashes, system reboots and so on. So, as ppl on the #insanelymac advised me, I switched to radeon but the result is what you see...

Checked it once more and now I can reproduce it in 100% of cases - when display does not respond blinking, I connect via screensharing then press "sleep", then do any action in the screen sharing window, like mouse click, and the picture returns!

Magic miracle or it's a king of magic...

• Like 1

hi mald0n can you help me to fix sleep issue,, sometimes my laptop can sleep and wake normaly, but sometimes it just restart instead of sleep, and sometimes it can sleep and wake but after a few minutes my laptop reboot automaticly. hope you can help me to solve it

-Post your full Clover folder
-Send me tables
-Send me one Ioreg too

I put bt for later because still have issues with the sleep. I left it sleeping tonight and, I suppose, it woke up later, and i found it this morning in the same state - fans are running, display is blinking, cannot turn it on, remote screen sharing connection is working. Left it for a while ant it felt asleep, then woke up again with the same display problem.

After that I connected remotely via screen sharing again and pressed "sleep" in the menu, and - voila - screen picture magically appeared, everything ok. Do you have any ideas how to fix it? My boot arguments are: 

<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -disablegfxfirmware darkwake=0</string>

Ok, or maybe there's any other video card or motherboard that would work without problems? I had gt-1030 at first and nvidia web drivers were terrible - windowmanager constantly crashes, system reboots and so on. So, as ppl on the #insanelymac advised me, I switched to radeon but the result is what you see...

Checked it once more and now I can reproduce it in 100% of cases - when display does not respond blinking, I connect via screensharing then press "sleep", then do any action in the screen sharing window, like mouse click, and the picture returns!

Magic miracle or it's a king of magic...

disable wake from lan in systemnpreferences/energysaver

in many cases i prefer disable wake from USB, avoid many problems, the problematic sleep, the best is wake only in power button

• Like 1

in many cases i prefer disable wake from USB, avoid many problems, the problematic sleep, the best is wake only in power button

The only problem - it is not enabled.

• Like 1

run in terminal

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

and paste in one .txt, i need log

after

run it

sudo log erase --all

reboot

and run it

log show --predicate 'process == "kernel"' --start "`date -v -10M "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"`"
  • Like 2

-Post your full Clover folder
-Send me tables
-Send me one Ioreg too

sure mad0l here's my clover, ioreg dan output by runme.app

--> Robby's.zip

• Like 1

wow this is working, i have try 3 times sleep and wake, that working perfectly, but why my brightness slider doesnt show in system preferences>display ? and can't set brightness in preference and fn+key after using this dsdt mald0n

BRIGHTNESS.zip

Check here, ur full clover folder

CLOVER.zip

• Like 2

attachicon.gifBRIGHTNESS.zip

Check here, ur full clover folder

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

brightness work now, i need to make ssdt-pnfl and delete ssdt-aio from old clover, because it conflict with dsdt that you have patch, btw can you tell me list of patch are you using to my dsdt ? from i know i see :

- ubsx

- plugin type one

- als0

and using this clover looks like you set all patch into one dsdt.

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC