[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

HI,

Can you please check my config ?

System is GA z170n-wifi i5-6500 rx470

mostly working , but sometimes wake after sleep no sound, and more rarely no screen!

thanks

CLOVER jmjrr.zip

Hoping that you can help me out with this install. I am a noob. I have attached the required files. I am having issues with sleep and I am using a config from a guide but it isn't the exact motherboard. I have an Asrock z270 Killer. The display freezes when I resume from sleep.

Ur processor is skylake or kabylake?

where u install other kexts?

CLOVER Rasstar.zip

Hey thanks a bunch for the help in advance. Attached are requested files for dsdt edits. 

Gigabyte X299 Ultra Gaming Pro

I9 7900X

64GB Ram

ssdt dont work good?

send me one ioreg

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

Thanks to your superb guide, I finally installed High Sierra 10.13.2 on my new machine (check it in my signature).

Installation went smooth, using my dGPU RX 560 and avoid APFS conversion.

Used also your EFI folder on SSD and make same little tweak and patch to optimize ma Radeon RX 560 with HEVC support.

Everything seems to work really fine, also iMessage after correctly setting SMBIOS.

Sleep / Wake also work flawlessly.

Same little patch also for Audio (ALC887), working really good with high volume and good quality.

I don't know if should useful some DSDT or SSDT patch, so please, could verify?

I attached the file you request in OP.

Thank you very very mach... you're the boss 

CLOVER stalvatero.zip

Hello, seems all ok but....see attached jpeg

take a test

DSDT.gigibatt.zip

• Like 1

attachicon.gifCLOVER jmjrr.zip

attachicon.gifCLOVER Rasstar.zip

ssdt dont work good?

send me one ioreg

attachicon.gifIORegistryExplorer.app.zip

attachicon.gifCLOVER stalvatero.zip

take a test

attachicon.gifDSDT.gigibatt.zip

It is the i7 7700k. I installed them to /L/E/. Do you need them? It is pretty much the fakesmc kexts and Ethernet kexts.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It is the i7 7700k. I installed them to /L/E/. Do you need them? It is pretty much the fakesmc kexts and Ethernet kexts.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

U can use all in Clover/Kexts/Other

use smbios iMac18,3

• Like 2

Thank you very much for the time you dedicate us.

Only same declaration if you can...

I notice that in your revisited config.plist for me, you removed ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=YES. I knew it is mandatory for correct PM with KabyLake CPU, or otherwise I had to provide a patched XPMC SSDT... Is it not true? 

Another thing, you removed my PEGP to GFX0 patch, that I read elsewhere could be necessary with my AMD Sapphire RX 560 to avoid possible problems and enable HEVC support. Is not true?

Last thing, can you please explain me what kind of patch did you applied in DSDT.aml? Just to learn something more....

Thank you very much. 

• Like 1

I notice that in your revisited config.plist for me, you removed ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=YES. I knew it is mandatory for correct PM with KabyLake CPU, or otherwise I had to provide a patched XPMC SSDT... Is it not true?

check into scope label _PR.CPU0 in ur DSDT, is a very old patch, from original DSDT MacPro6,1

dont need SSDT or inject Plugin Type=1

Another thing, you removed my PEGP to GFX0 patch, that I read elsewhere could be necessary with my AMD Sapphire RX 560 to avoid possible problems and enable HEVC support. Is not true?

WhateverGreen rename on the fly for u

dont use PEGP to GFX0, other devices like PEG1, PEG2 have PEGP too and other/new installed hardware can use it

Last thing, can you please explain me what kind of patch did you applied in DSDT.aml? Just to learn something more.... 

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BLC0
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-IMEI
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI

i update many and create others with original apple tables, ioregs, acpi spces, chipset datasheet, u can check some links here, in my old topic, golden era 2007/2012  :P

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/235523-dsdt-auto-patcher/

• Like 1

check into scope label _PR.CPU0 in ur DSDT, is a very old patch, from original DSDT MacPro6,1

dont need SSDT or inject Plugin Type=1

WhateverGreen rename on the fly for u

dont use PEGP to GFX0, other devices like PEG1, PEG2 have PEGP too and other/new installed hardware can use it

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BLC0
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-IMEI
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI

i update many and create others with original apple tables, ioregs, acpi spces, chipset datasheet, u can check some links here, in my old topic, golden era 2007/2012  :P

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/235523-dsdt-auto-patcher/

Thank you very much. I noticed however that in my previous scenario with PluginType=YES my CPU frequency always stay between 3.5 and 3.9Ghz also in 1% utilization.

Now with your tips (disabling Generate PluginType) situation seems better, but however also in very low utilization, frequency stay on higher value... and I don't now if it is normal. See image attached:

post-319277-0-09138300-1516144727_thumb.png

and the GT green line never move...

is it normal?

• Like 1

Thank you very much. I noticed however that in my previous scenario with PluginType=YES my CPU frequency always stay between 3.5 and 3.9Ghz also in 1% utilization.

Now with your tips (disabling Generate PluginType) situation seems better, but however also in very low utilization, frequency stay on higher value... and I don't now if it is normal. See image attached:

attachicon.gifSchermata 2018-01-17 alle 00.07.16.png

and the GT green line never move...

is it normal?

u can try generate one ssdt for check if work

ssdtPRGen.command.zip

u need a minimal freq 800mhz

check

post-557433-0-61837400-1495583313.png

Put two files in ur desktop and run .command

AppleIntelInfo.zip

after, open terminal and run it some times

sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

ssdt dont work good?

send me one ioreg

take a test

ok replaced the files, and so far everything ok, but after wake screen wakes then power off then power on again, but seems to work!

i need to test with deep sleep

thanks a lot :)

• Like 1

ok replaced the files, and so far everything ok, but after wake screen wakes then power off then power on again, but seems to work!

i need to test with deep sleep

thanks a lot :)

if work, good

take a tests

ssdt dont work good?

send me one ioreg

take a test

Hello Maldon,

is perfect! I have only the GPE L37 and L68 no implementation but is only warnings. For me is ok. Thanx for Your hard work!

• Like 1

Hello Maldon,

is perfect! I have only the GPE L37 and L68 no implementation but is only warnings. For me is ok. Thanx for Your hard work!

u can drop a "HdaDsp" SSDT, this SSDT have a device HDAS/HDEF too

U can use all in Clover/Kexts/Other

use smbios iMac18,3

Ok thanks. I will move them back to that folder. What you did worked great. I was able to resume from sleep without locking up. What did you do ? I really appreciate you taking the time to assist and would have bought you a beer/coffee if you had a link. Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi Maldon,

Attached is IOREG as requested. 

Also in my original reply I mentioned DSDT when I was actually requesting SSDT changes as you mentioned. 

I`m work in patches, u have 300 devices lol

Ok thanks. I will move them back to that folder. What you did worked great. I was able to resume from sleep without locking up. What did you do ? I really appreciate you taking the time to assist and would have bought you a beer/coffee if you had a link. Thank you.

i apply all essentials, cosmetics patches, for work like a one real Mac ;) i'm happy if work good for u :D I do a lot of installations, I have time to test, create the patches, update the old ones ;)

if u can pay me a beer, is here

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=RYQ6CGUGK5D6S

Welcome!

Enjoy!

Let me know if work good

• Like 1

@MaLd0n Thank you for this great guide. I have attached the files you need and thank you in advance.

CLOVER.zip

send me one ioreg after reboot

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

Ok happened again screen will not wake sometimes, only wakes after connecting hdmi cable to a second monitor/tv.

Normaly i have one 4k monitor connected with displayport

at my rx470

u need wait a new version WhateverGreen

and u need report it to devs too, this guys is amazin' and can check it ;)

https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen

• Like 1

hey Maldon, I have a dual Xeon system for several years and have never been able to optimize the DSDT. It is based on an Intel server with a 1366 socket.
I was wondering if you are able to help me compile DSDT and SSDT, at the moment it work but it has several things not perfect and above all it does not turn off but it always restarts.
I am attaching here the requested files, let me know, in the meantime I'll give you a beer

http://www.terminalstrip.net/MaLdOn/Hack_Maldon.zip

• Like 1

hey Maldon, I have a dual Xeon system for several years and have never been able to optimize the DSDT. It is based on an Intel server with a 1366 socket.

I was wondering if you are able to help me compile DSDT and SSDT, at the moment it work but it has several things not perfect and above all it does not turn off but it always restarts.

I am attaching here the requested files, let me know, in the meantime I'll give you a beer

http://www.terminalstrip.net/MaLdOn/Hack_Maldon.zip

CLOVER.zip

Send me one ioreg after reboot

• Like 1