[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, simprecicchiani said:

I managed to get audio through HDMI working by setting framebuffer-cons2-type to 00080000. I still get black internal screen (disabled) when connected to external monitor.

This was my configuration with Clover. I do remember testing it with my TV but don't remember did I check the Audio, I assume it was working.

I haven't enabled it with the OC based setup yet. 

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
				<key>#framebuffer-con2-flags</key>
				<data>hwEAAA==</data>
				<key>#framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
				<data>EgAAAA==</data>
				<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
				<data>AAAWGQ==</data>
				<key>device-id</key>
				<data>FhkAAA==</data>
				<key>enable-hdmi20</key>
				<data>AQAAAA==</data>
				<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
				<data>AAgAAA==</data>
				<key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
				<data>AACQAA==</data>
				<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
				<data>AQAAAA==</data>
				<key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
				<data>AAAwAQ==</data>
				<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
				<data>AAAAgA==</data>
			</dict>

12 hours ago, nijhawank said:

This was my configuration with Clover. I do remember testing it with my TV but don't remember did I check the Audio, I assume it was working.

I haven't enabled it with the OC based setup yet. 

Thanks! Putting together thoughts gathered from different sources is what made my configuration working in the first place. I’ll figure something out of it.

I‘ve tried to understand something from whatevergreen FAQs but informations are really specific and at the same time minimalistic.

How did you set this up?

Edited by simprecicchiani

21 hours ago, nijhawank said:

Here's my latest T460 EFI https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmREhiIe5U_FgssnUwJG2CQsJQZxsg?e=9h1pEg

I removed my SMBIOS Info.

This EFI from @nijhawank works pretty well my t470 (i5-6300u based like many t460's). 

@nijhawank is your battery monitor working? Mine is not. That seems to be my last major issue. 

I need the following minor changes to get wifi and sleep/wake working: 

t470-mbp:OC sjk$ diff -uw config.plist.orig  config.plist
--- config.plist.orig    2020-04-10 11:35:18.000000000 -0400
+++ config.plist    2020-04-10 11:37:38.000000000 -0400
@@ -554,7 +554,7 @@
                 <key>Enabled</key>
                 <true/>
                 <key>Find</key>
-                <data>X1dBSwE=</data>
+                <data>X1dBSwk=</data>
                 <key>Limit</key>
                 <integer>0</integer>
                 <key>Mask</key>
@@ -562,7 +562,7 @@
                 <key>OemTableId</key>
                 <data></data>
                 <key>Replace</key>
-                <data>WldBSwE=</data>
+                <data>WldBSwk=</data>
                 <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                 <data></data>
                 <key>Skip</key>
@@ -1127,6 +1127,22 @@
             </dict>
             <dict>
                 <key>BundlePath</key>
+                <string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext</string>
+                <key>Comment</key>
+                <string></string>
+                <key>Enabled</key>
+                <true/>
+                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
+                <string>Contents/MacOS/AirportBrcmFixup</string>
+                <key>MaxKernel</key>
+                <key>MinKernel</key>
+                <key>PlistPath</key>
+                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
+            </dict>
+            <dict>
+                <key>BundlePath</key>
                 <string>EFICheckDisabler.kext</string>
                 <key>Comment</key>
                 <string></string>
t470-mbp:OC sjk$

Yes, my battery indicator is working well. One problem could be due to naming of EC and LPC. In T460 it is EC and LPC, is it any different for you, you might need to replace these in the corresponding battery SSDTs (decompile the corresponding aml files) and the static patch in Config.plist

45 minutes ago, kolodzieski said:

This EFI from @nijhawank works pretty well my t470 (i5-6300u based like many t460's). 

@nijhawank is your battery monitor working? Mine is not. That seems to be my last major issue. 

I need the following minor changes to get wifi and sleep/wake working: 

t470-mbp:OC sjk$ diff -uw config.plist.orig  config.plist
--- config.plist.orig    2020-04-10 11:35:18.000000000 -0400
+++ config.plist    2020-04-10 11:37:38.000000000 -0400
@@ -554,7 +554,7 @@
                 <key>Enabled</key>
                 <true/>
                 <key>Find</key>
-                <data>X1dBSwE=</data>
+                <data>X1dBSwk=</data>
                 <key>Limit</key>
                 <integer>0</integer>
                 <key>Mask</key>
@@ -562,7 +562,7 @@
                 <key>OemTableId</key>
                 <data></data>
                 <key>Replace</key>
-                <data>WldBSwE=</data>
+                <data>WldBSwk=</data>
                 <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                 <data></data>
                 <key>Skip</key>
@@ -1127,6 +1127,22 @@
             </dict>
             <dict>
                 <key>BundlePath</key>
+                <string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext</string>
+                <key>Comment</key>
+                <key>Enabled</key>
+                <true/>
+                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
+                <string>Contents/MacOS/AirportBrcmFixup</string>
+                <key>MaxKernel</key>
+                <key>MinKernel</key>
+                <key>PlistPath</key>
+                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
+            </dict>
+            <dict>
+                <key>BundlePath</key>
                 <string>EFICheckDisabler.kext</string>
                 <key>Comment</key>
                 <string></string>
t470-mbp:OC sjk$

2 hours ago, kolodzieski said:

Check ACPI naming as pointed out from @nijhawank, plus, take a look at this https://github.com/daliansky/OC-little/blob/master/08-电池补丁/08-1-Thinkpad/各机型电池补丁/SSDT-OCBAT0-TP_re80_tx70_x1c5th_s12017_p51.dsl

because SSDT-BAT0 seems to be different from 6th and 7th series thinkpad. 

Other than that, look through your DSDT if additional renames are needed.

Here there are some lists https://github.com/daliansky/OC-little/tree/master/08-电池补丁/08-1-Thinkpad/更名样本

Hi @simprecicchiani, and others,

Now that I have a working / stable hack with OpenCore (thanks to @simprecicchiani), I have now started reviewing the various values in config.plist against the documentation.

I found that all (except RebuildAppleMemoryMap, SetupVirtualMap and SyncRuntimePermissions) of your Booter->Quirks were same as values suggested in  https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/intel-config.plist/skylake

The documentation has the following recommended values for Skylake. Can you please explain  where and what made you reverse the values for these? 

• RebuildAppleMemoryMap: YES

• Generates Memory Map compatible with macOS

• SetupVirtualMap: NO

• Fixes SetVirtualAddresses calls to virtual addresses, not needed on Skylake and newer. Some firmware like Gigabyte may still require it, and will kernel panic without this

• SyncRuntimePermissions: YES

• Fixes alignment with MAT tables and required to boot Windows and Linux with MAT tables, also recommended for macOS. Mainly relevant for Skylake and newer

Regards.

Edited by nijhawank

4 hours ago, simprecicchiani said:

Check ACPI naming as pointed out from @nijhawank, plus, take a look at this https://github.com/daliansky/OC-little/blob/master/08-电池补丁/08-1-Thinkpad/各机型电池补丁/SSDT-OCBAT0-TP_re80_tx70_x1c5th_s12017_p51.dsl

because SSDT-BAT0 seems to be different from 6th and 7th series thinkpad. 

Other than that, look through your DSDT if additional renames are needed.

Here there are some lists https://github.com/daliansky/OC-little/tree/master/08-电池补丁/08-1-Thinkpad/更名样本

Thanks, the first SSDT worked. It seems that the 470 i have with the i5-6300U is half a 460 and half a 470. 

After generating my own USBPorts.kext, I seem to have everything working. I did need to change LCP to LCPB in all the SSDT that mentioned that part of the DSDT tree. 

I will use this for a few days and see how it shakes out. 

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nijhawank said:

I found that all (except RebuildAppleMemoryMap, SetupVirtualMap and SyncRuntimePermissions) of your Booter->Quirks were same as values suggested in  https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/intel-config.plist/skylake

The documentation has the following recommended values for Skylake. Can you please explain  where and what made you reverse the values for these? 

Hi, that's because I followed his specific laptop-config https://github.com/khronokernel/Opencore-Vanilla-Desktop-Guide/blob/master/config-laptop.plist/skylake.md

I suppose this was outdated and I most certainly have to update the values you mentioned. Thanks for pointing them out!

EDIT:

Thank god I followed that guide, otherwise I might not succeeded with OpenCore not even once!

I tried to change RebuildAppleMemoryMap, SetupVirtualMap and SyncRuntimePermissions and my system failed to boot. Then I tried changing them one by one and it turns out that on my T460s SetupVirtualMap needs to be set TRUE.

@nijhawank let me know whether you experience a similar issue if you can.

Edited by simprecicchiani

21 hours ago, junaed.rx said:

Hi @tluck,

I have working OpenCore n-d-k build for T460. Could you please make a OpenCore branch in your repo,

So that I can make a pull request. This branch can live side by side with clover.

Regards,

Junaed

ok sure! happy to do it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kolodzieski said:

Thanks, the first SSDT worked. It seems that the 470 i have with the i5-6300U is half a 460 and half a 470. 

After generating my own USBPorts.kext, I seem to have everything working. I did need to change LCP to LCPB in all the SSDT that mentioned that part of the DSDT tree. 

Thanks for the help.

One more thing. This may be related to Catalina 10.15.3+ 

I had to uncheck "Wake on Bluetooth" to get sleep working properly. Before I did that, I was getting constant: 

2020-04-11 10:07:54.754603-0400  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI

But now power/suspend/wake seems OK. 

On 4/11/2020 at 12:13 AM, kolodzieski said:

Thanks for the help.

Hi Kolodzoeski, i've tried opencore EFI of simprecicchiani on my t470 i5 6300u same build as the one you have. with few modifications of the backlight DSDT from LCP to LCPB and changing virtual smc to fake smc opencore seemed to work for a while before it began to freeze every few minutes and i had to revert back to clover. I've understood from your comment that i have to change all the DSDT's from LCP to LCPB, I'd like to know if possible which DSDT's I'd have to change as i couldn't figure out which ones i should touch, or if it's convenient for you to share you EFI.

5 hours ago, Sempreavanti said:

Hi Kolodzoeski, i've tried opencore EFI of simprecicchiani on my t470 i5 6300u same build as the one you have. with few modifications of the backlight DSDT from LCP to LCPB and changing virtual smc to fake smc opencore seemed to work for a while before it began to freeze every few minutes and i had to revert back to clover. I've understood from your comment that i have to change all the DSDT's from LCP to LCPB, I'd like to know if possible which DSDT's I'd have to change as i couldn't figure out which ones i should touch, or if it's convenient for you to share you EFI.

Hi, just to be clear, in OpenCore you don't have to touch your original DSDT; use it only to understand which patch you''ll need.

14 hours ago, Sempreavanti said:

Here is my current EFI. It might not be perfect, as this morning I had to add a few small patches to: 

SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl
SSDT-EXT1-FixShutdown.dsl

to get shutdown and sleep/wake working correctly. 

As per LPC to LPCB substitutions, 

MacBook-Pro:src sjk$ fgrep -l LPCB *.dsl
SSDT-BKeyQ14Q15.dsl
SSDT-DMAC.dsl
SSDT-OCBATC-TP-EXP.dsl
SSDT-PMCR.dsl
SSDT-PS2K.dsl

Please let me know how it works for you?

EFI-t470.zip

forgot to mention, the disassembled  SSDT are in ACPI/src in my EFI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2020 at 9:26 AM, simprecicchiani said:

Hi, just to be clear, in OpenCore you don't have to touch your original DSDT; use it only to understand which patch you''ll need.

Thank you for the clarification, i did notice that it doesn't require as much configuration as clover, which is more convenient. 

16 hours ago, kolodzieski said:

Here is my current EFI. It might not be perfect, as this morning I had to add a few small patches to: 

SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl
SSDT-EXT1-FixShutdown.dsl

to get shutdown and sleep/wake working correctly. 

As per LPC to LPCB substitutions, 

MacBook-Pro:src sjk$ fgrep -l LPCB *.dsl
SSDT-BKeyQ14Q15.dsl
SSDT-DMAC.dsl
SSDT-OCBATC-TP-EXP.dsl
SSDT-PMCR.dsl
SSDT-PS2K.dsl

Please let me know how it works for you?

EFI-t470.zip

forgot to mention, the disassembled  SSDT are in ACPI/src in my EFI.

Aside from the sleep/wake and shutdown problem where I’m given the warning after reboot that my computer was restarted because of a problem, and waking up after a shutdown, everything works great so far. I looked into the problem and found that it can be related to CMOS being reset https://github.com/jsassu20/OpenCore-HotPatching-Guide/tree/master/18-CMOS reset patch, I tried to assemble the DSDT but failed to compile due having two errors, so I’m now trying the RTCMemoryFixup.ktext https://github.com/acidanthera/RTCMemoryFixup. I’ll see whether it solves the issue and report back to you. 

My sleep/wake is highly unstable. It may work the first few times, I sleep/wake, but always fails, and starts waking as soon as it sleeps. 

one can see the system log:

2020-04-13 23:39:12.152603-0400  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI
2020-04-13 23:39:12.152608-0400  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI
2020-04-13 23:39:45.288796-0400  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI
2020-04-13 23:39:45.288802-0400  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI
2020-04-13 23:40:14.162569-0400  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI
2020-04-13 23:40:14.162575-0400  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI
2020-04-13 23:40:45.596061-0400  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI
2020-04-13 23:40:45.596067-0400  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI

Also the battery patch I am using only reports the internal battery. 

As time permits I will keep investigating how to fix these for the t470. 

I updated the WhateverGreen kext to latest and I got the attached panic. Rolling back the kext made the system happy. Is this a bug in WhateverGreen?

Using OC 0.5.7, Skylake i5-6300U with Intel HD Graphics 520 Corresponding configuration in the config.plist is:

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
                        <dict>
                                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                                <data>AAAWGQ==</data>
                                <key>device-id</key>
                                <data>FhkAAA==</data>
                                <key>enable-hdmi20</key>
                                <data>AQAAAA==</data>

<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                                <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
                                <data>AACQAA==</data>
                                <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
                                <data>AAAwAQ==</data>
                                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                                <data>AAAAgA==</data>

<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
                                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                                <key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
                                <data>AAgAAA==</data>
                                <key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>
                                <data>hwEAAA==</data>
                                <key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
                                <data>EgAAAA==</data>
                        </dict>

Panic Report:-

panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff7f9f15d6ff): assertmsg@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-14.3.9/IONDRV/SKL/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:27062
Backtrace (CPU 1), Frame : Return Address
0xffffff8209e3ba20 : 0xffffff801cd3bb1b mach_kernel : _handle_debugger_trap + 0x47b
0xffffff8209e3ba70 : 0xffffff801ce733e5 mach_kernel : _kdp_i386_trap + 0x155
0xffffff8209e3bab0 : 0xffffff801ce64e5e mach_kernel : _kernel_trap + 0x4ee
0xffffff8209e3bb00 : 0xffffff801cce2a40 mach_kernel : _return_from_trap + 0xe0
0xffffff8209e3bb20 : 0xffffff801cd3b207 mach_kernel : _DebuggerTrapWithState + 0x17
0xffffff8209e3bc20 : 0xffffff801cd3b5eb mach_kernel : _panic_trap_to_debugger + 0x21b
0xffffff8209e3bc70 : 0xffffff801d4d24f9 mach_kernel : _panic + 0x61
0xffffff8209e3bce0 : 0xffffff7f9f15d6ff com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer : __ZN31AppleIntelFramebufferController11getWorkLoopEv.cold.1
0xffffff8209e3bcf0 : 0xffffff7f9f1097a2 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer : __ZN31AppleIntelFramebufferController20getUnifiedMemorySizeEv
0xffffff8209e3bd50 : 0xffffff7f9f106154 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer : __ZN31AppleIntelFramebufferController5startEP9IOService + 0xc9e
0xffffff8209e3bde0 : 0xffffff801d41ae46 mach_kernel : __ZN9IOService14startCandidateEPS_ + 0xf6
0xffffff8209e3be40 : 0xffffff801d41a9f1 mach_kernel : __ZN9IOService15probeCandidatesEP12OSOrderedSet + 0xb21
0xffffff8209e3bef0 : 0xffffff801d419d3e mach_kernel : __ZN9IOService14doServiceMatchEj + 0x2ce
0xffffff8209e3bf50 : 0xffffff801d41c4dd mach_kernel : __ZN15_IOConfigThread4mainEPvi + 0x15d
0xffffff8209e3bfa0 : 0xffffff801cce213e mach_kernel : _call_continuation + 0x2e
      Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer(14.0.3)[2E5DC8F7-88F3-31EE-B2E9-0BBFCDC708FD]@0xffffff7f9f0dd000->0xffffff7f9f301fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[1286D5E5-A6A1-3C44-A244-04C068903DB2]@0xffffff7f9d72f000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)[3467C105-9354-3BD2-85F3-E5AEF94BD275]@0xffffff7f9de35000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2(438.2.8)[9176E894-E24A-36BA-AFDA-0DB11F3F512A]@0xffffff7f9f005000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily(47)[E3C37E96-3AFA-301F-B89C-719FB3D4DA53]@0xffffff7f9dac8000
            dependency: com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl(4.5.21)[EF326A60-9936-3267-A6E7-0044C7B4A952]@0xffffff7f9e3ff000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(569.3)[7B5CA52B-0BD1-34AB-BFC9-7D5C3A0DBE7C]@0xffffff7f9e0cc000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task
Boot args: keepsyms=1 alcid=28 

Mac OS version:
19C57

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 19.2.0: Sat Nov  9 03:47:04 PST 2019; root:xnu-6153.61.1~20/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: C3E7E405-C692-356B-88D3-C30041FD1E72
Kernel slide:     0x000000001ca00000
Kernel text base: 0xffffff801cc00000
__HIB  text base: 0xffffff801cb00000
System model name: MacBookPro13,1 (Mac-473D31EABEB93F9B)
System shutdown begun: NO
Panic diags file available: YES (0x0)

System uptime in nanoseconds: 9011685703

Need some help from an OC patching guru. 

I uses macIasl  to compare the OC patched DSDT and the CLOVER pathed DSDT. I think that the wake on sleep issure for my t470, is being caused by a missing block in the XDCI element. namely: 

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x6D, 
                    Zero
                })
            }

The answer is in this patch, but it is unclear to me how to modify it: https://github.com/jsassu20/OpenCore-HotPatching-Guide/tree/master/15-0D6D Patch

If you read in the patch, it says: 

Components that may require 0D / 6D Patch

• USB device   - ADR address: 0x001D0000, part name: EHC1.   - ADR address: 0x001A0000, part name: EHC2.   - ADR address: 0x00140000, part name: XHC, XHCI, XHC1, etc.   - ADR address: 0x00140001, part name: XDCI.   - ADR address: 0x00140003, part name: CNVW.

Would anyone know the SSDT modification for these other devices, and is a binary patch also required? 

I am using the usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl.txt DSDT patch in clover. 

Thanks.

52 minutes ago, kolodzieski said:

Need some help from an OC patching guru. 

I uses macIasl  to compare the OC patched DSDT and the CLOVER pathed DSDT. I think that the wake on sleep issure for my t470, is being caused by a missing block in the XDCI element. namely: 

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x6D, 
                    Zero
                })
            }

The answer is in this patch, but it is unclear to me how to modify it: https://github.com/jsassu20/OpenCore-HotPatching-Guide/tree/master/15-0D6D Patch

If you read in the patch, it says: 

Components that may require 0D / 6D Patch

• USB device   - ADR address: 0x001D0000, part name: EHC1.   - ADR address: 0x001A0000, part name: EHC2.   - ADR address: 0x00140000, part name: XHC, XHCI, XHC1, etc.   - ADR address: 0x00140001, part name: XDCI.   - ADR address: 0x00140003, part name: CNVW.

Would anyone know the SSDT modification for these other devices, and is a binary patch also required? 

I am using the usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl.txt DSDT patch in clover. 

Thanks.

yes a binary patch is required with ssdt. try to convert first clover binary patch to oc patch then see if that works.

It is not clear from your post, is your xdci doesn't conaitain method (_PRW or you added it.

56 minutes ago, junaed.rx said:

yes a binary patch is required with ssdt. try to convert first clover binary patch to oc patch then see if that works.

It is not clear from your post, is your xdci doesn't conaitain method (_PRW or you added it.

The issue is that I am not hotpatching in Clover, usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl.txt  is a source patch to the DSDT, so how would that be done using hotpatching? My main goal is to get sleep working on my t470. I am having a few cycles where it works (1 to 3 sleep/wake), and then it starts waking as soon as it goes to sleep. The sleep reason is XDCI. Studying the static path, led me to usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl.txt which I apply for clover. 

1 hour ago, kolodzieski said:

The issue is that I am not hotpatching in Clover, usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl.txt  is a source patch to the DSDT, so how would that be done using hotpatching? My main goal is to get sleep working on my t470. I am having a few cycles where it works (1 to 3 sleep/wake), and then it starts waking as soon as it goes to sleep. The sleep reason is XDCI. Studying the static path, led me to usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl.txt which I apply for clover. 

Upload your patch file and unmodified dsdt