[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Mr. Xtreme

788 posts in this topic

so far everything seem to work fine :) very nice Shanee also ssh problem is fixed with this kernel.

Could you check if smb or afp file sharing work?

When I tried it, it messed up my internet connection, could not pin the computer anymore.

Cleaned up a bit. If this one still works I'll add it to the working kernels page etc. Also guys no need to remove AppleTyMCEDriver or pmtelemtry any more as they are blacklisted in the kernel.

http://amd-osx.com/files/beta/Shaneee_Sierra_10.12.2.zip

Edit: Any reports?

Thanks again for this new FX kernel which works perfectly at 10.12.3(16D30a) in my FX-6300 hackintosh.

sysctl-2.txt

Can help me I tried several configurations of the page with the same result, I do not know what I'm failing.

This is the last configuration...
30 minutes waiting for the screen to change and nothing.  :(

Mobo: GA-990FXA-UD3

CPU: AMD FX 8120

AMD Radeon HD 7770

post-1325739-0-18176600-1484848450_thumb.png

post-1325739-0-10576800-1484848461_thumb.jpeg

post-1325739-0-35944500-1484848465_thumb.png

Hey Guys, can if you would like also check this kernel. Http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317619-help-topic-amd-macos-sierra-amd-cpu-1012x/page-15#entry2357546

Other derived kernels will follow in the course of the day. :)

• Like 1

Rebuilt the kernel with the System kext as it was requested :)

osx 10.12.3

with much USB error:

IMG_20170128_173307.jpg

it seem to work. I reach desktop and everythinks works well but after some minutes (about 10) the system reboot.

Please, make patched IOPCIFamily.kext + AppleACPIPlatform.kext for macOS 10.12.x, they are the same as were 10.10.x (AMD Replace Kext)

Will try to build in the next days the iopcifamily for 10.12

I've been reading up a lot on the developments of the kernels for the fx series chip. What I'd like to know is, If I want to go with El Capitan 10.11.6 will I have to worry about something breaking along the road with increment updates from Apple?  Usually, those updates could mess up sound and or etc...  I'd like to give my AMD rig another breathe of life with El Capitan and remain there. Any inputs would  be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please, make patched IOPCIFamily.kext + AppleACPIPlatform.kext for macOS 10.12.x, they are the same as were 10.10.x (AMD Replace Kext)

I've got the same cpu as you, and this is the first time in a year or so since i was last on my AMD rig. My last attempt with Yosemite wasn't so great and i'd like to give it another shot. I'd like to stick with El Capitan. I guess what I'd really like to know is how do you place the kernel into the usb after creating it via createinstallmedia approach and which kernel would be best for me for my cpu?  

use pandora

I've got the same cpu as you, and this is the first time in a year or so since i was last on my AMD rig. My last attempt with Yosemite wasn't so great and i'd like to give it another shot. I'd like to stick with El Capitan. I guess what I'd really like to know is how do you place the kernel into the usb after creating it via createinstallmedia approach and which kernel would be best for me for my cpu?  

use pandora's box to create a macOs usb installer recomended for amd hackintosh,,dont use createinstallmedia,