[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Mr. Xtreme

788 posts in this topic

@cyrhex thanks for the feedback. I've never used that Pandora tool before. Any recommendations on the best kernel to use for El Capitan 10.11.6 for my fx 6300 cpu?

i used bronya's kernel for 10.12.1-10.12.2 stable on my build

I needed a kernel for El Capitan 10.11.6. I just wanted to start with El Capitan before trying Sierra.

I needed a kernel for El Capitan 10.11.6. I just wanted to start with El Capitan before trying Sierra.

Up to now all bootable kernels for FX hackintoshs had unsolved glitchy icons issue.

That is why 10.12.x is advised for your FX-6300. 

• Like 1

Hey Guys, can if you would like also check this kernel. Http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317619-help-topic-amd-macos-sierra-amd-cpu-1012x/page-15#entry2357546

Other derived kernels will follow in the course of the day. :)

I don't know why but the reboot are disappears and now the system (10.12.3) works very well with spakk kernel!

• Like 1

I don't know why but the reboot are disappears and now the system (10.12.3) works very well with spakk kernel!

@OP15L,
thanks for the good news 
may I ask, how the icons behave on your system? are the glitchy icon still available?or are the icons normal?

Edit:

I would also like to know whether the IOPCIFamily.kext works for Sierra or not

@OP15L,

thanks for the good news

may I ask, how the icons behave on your system? are the glitchy icon still available?or are the icons normal?

Edit:

I would also like to know whether the IOPCIFamily.kext works for Sierra or not

10.12 normal icons, 10.12.2 normal icons and 10.12.3 normal icons

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

Please test these two kernels with older AMD CPUs and report your results.

I get this panic message, see picture

I hope you get a better result.

Edit:

In the appendix are now three kernels which can be tested

Info:

These test kernels are only for older AMD CPUs, which have no ssse3 or sse4.1 instructions. These instructions are / should be supported by the emulator

EDIT:

Please upload a picture if your system stops with a panic message.

10.12.3_SSEEPlus_1.zip

msg-159782-0-03815600-1486156300.jpg

10.12.3_SSEPlus_2.zip

10.12.3_SSEPlus_3.zip

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

Please try this patched IOPCIFamily.kext (for Sierra 10.12.x) according to the method of axamanA.

Thanks, but this kext caused KP after VW Swap Subsystem is ON for FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.12.3(16D32).

Edit:

Thanks for these 3 new kernels.

Unfortunately all three kernels got KP after VW Swap Subsystem is ON for FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.12.3(16D32).

• Like 1

Thanks for this new FX kernel & System.kext which work perfectly in FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.12.3(16D32).

Could you please tell me which boot args you tried with Shane's kernel because I can't get mine to boot. I keep facing an ongoing texts of AppleUSBEHCI::Start stop usbbus error.

osx 10.12.3

with much USB error:

IMG_20170128_173307.jpg

it seem to work. I reach desktop and everythinks works well but after some minutes (about 10) the system reboot.

How did you get pass this screen upon instalation? I'm facing the same on my fx6300. I just want to know also the boot args u used.

Could you please tell me which boot args you tried with Shane's kernel because I can't get mine to boot. I keep facing an ongoing texts of AppleUSBEHCI::Start stop usbbus error.

How did you get pass this screen upon instalation? I'm facing the same on my fx6300. I just want to know also the boot args u used.

Something does not seem to work with your USB. First try to configure a suitable dsdt by using the correct patches. Read various contributions to the modifications of the dsdt and USB drivers. If you should not come forward then upload the raw dsdt and the complete Extra folder. But not here, please use the help topic !!

If you have usb3, disable usb2 in bios and plugin keyboard and mouse to usb3 ports.  The error will time out.

my kext that fix usb:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4mRBhPhhsDxR2dpbGpYTE9neEk

and my boot argument is:

-v npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 -f GraphicsEnabler=No

my kext that fix usb:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4mRBhPhhsDxR2dpbGpYTE9neEk

and my boot argument is:

-v npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 -f GraphicsEnabler=No

Thanks I shall give it a try. I'm using clover as bootloader btw. Does that matter when it comes to the boot args?

=====

Just downloaded your kext folder, seems to be a lot of kexts in that folder.. Is it all of them that need to be installed in S/L/E?

----------

I managed to get to the desktop using your boot args and usb kexts but only to leave me with non working mouse or keyboard. Using both usb mouse/keyboard combo and wired usb mouse and wired keyboard. Not sure what else to do.

Edit:

Info:

These test kernels are only for older AMD CPUs, which have no ssse3 or sse4.1 instructions. These instructions are / should be supported by the emulator

EDIT:

Please upload a picture if your system stops with a panic message.

AMD Athlon X2 4050, not working.. Here are pictures for these three kernels

post-1299088-0-23425200-1486260589_thumb.jpeg

post-1299088-0-09550900-1486260609_thumb.jpeg

post-1299088-0-58335700-1486260622_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

AMD Athlon X2 4050, not working.. Here are pictures for these three kernels

Thank you for your effort and the pictures, I'll try to get to the goal.

• Like 1

please test this kernel on older CPUs

10.12.3_SSEPlus_Test.zip

Apologies, kernel makes the same error as the previous one, I've just tested it, will rework it.
  • Like 2

Good morning.

After a lot of trial and error i managed to install 10.12.3 on my system and got nvidia drivers to work. Now my only problem is to fix USB errors and to get sound to work. 

Anyway.. did some testing with geekbench and found out that i have a poor performance on Sierra compared to Yosemite.

Here's my 10.10.5 geekbench3 score: link

and this is 10.12.3 geekbench3 score and geekbench4 score

The results are practically the same between Shanees and spakks kernels. I have attached sysctl and dmesg files to view my boot and system setup. If there's more info i should give you please let me know.

Thank you to everyone working on AMD kernel and hackintosh in general. Keep up the good work!

My setup:

CPU: AMD A8-5600K

enoch bootloader v2848

kernel flags: CsrActiveConfig=103 npci=0x3000 nvda_drv=1 -v

additional kexts: FakeSMC + NullCPUPowerManagement + Realtek8111 + System + USB Sierra Fix

edit: disregard my comment about performance. Did some testing on a fresh Yosemite install and i get the same performance as in Sierra. Now i need to find the problem why suddenly the performance has dropped 2 times.

sysctl.txt

dmesg.txt

• Like 1

check this kernel for older CPUs and use this package from Shane : https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf1t0wotg8cbvql/Account_KP_Fix.zip?dl=0

Edit:

This was my last test however without package from Shane

Kernel_SSEPlus_Phenom.zip

msg-159782-0-00015400-1486855232.jpg

• Like 1