AMD Polaris IDs on Sierra / High Sierra

Ciro82

870 posts in this topic

Here it is with themes and such removed, with -radoff to disable whatevergreen and boot with Radeondeinit instead, but the results are the same regardless. The serial is randomized. The same device id has also been present in a couple 4*** GL drivers like 4200 and 4250.

Do you mean on 10.13.2 they work with a newer smbios and dual screen? I can work dual screen dvi+dp on 10.13.1 but hdmi is a no go whatsoever.

Try this whole EFI on a thumb drive first, it should work, please do not change anything 

EFI.zip

• Like 1

Try this whole EFI on a thumb drive first, it should work, please do not change anything 

Nope, it just kept retrying on loading the gfxfirmware, so I tried again just with the -disablegfxfirmware flag, it made it through, but I get blackscreen instead of login, there is signal but no image, the typical ati behaviour before the times of easy deinit. Also tried by just inserting your new aml and removing my Radeondeinit and Whatevergreen from current Efi but no go.

Hi Pavo,

would you mind to take a look on the attached SSDT-RX-580.aml?

My display adress is _SB_.PCI0.BR3A.H000. I try to use the 580 SSDT alone with clover/graphics/ATI inject and nothing else. I use a 6.1 SMBIOS.

I have two displays, DVI and DP

Just: Only DVI screen works, the other screen keeps showing the end of verbose text screen white text black screen.

Any idey whats wrong?

Thanks in advance

Hi Pavo,

would you mind to take a look on the attached SSDT-RX-580.aml?

My display adress is _SB_.PCI0.BR3A.H000. I try to use the 580 SSDT alone with clover/graphics/ATI inject and nothing else. I use a 6.1 SMBIOS.

I have two displays, DVI and DP

Just: Only DVI screen works, the other screen keeps showing the end of verbose text screen white text black screen.

Any idey whats wrong?

Thanks in advance

You forgot to attach the SSDT instead reboot and hit F4 in Clover boot menu and attach your whole EFI folder so I can take a look at all your OEM SSDT/DSDT

Nope, it just kept retrying on loading the gfxfirmware, so I tried again just with the -disablegfxfirmware flag, it made it through, but I get blackscreen instead of login, there is signal but no image, the typical ati behaviour before the times of easy deinit. Also tried by just inserting your new aml and removing my Radeondeinit and Whatevergreen from current Efi but no go.

Oh I forgot to mention disable CSM and make PEG/PCI your primary GPU boot device in bios then try the EFI folder I gave you without changing or adding anything to it please.

You forgot to attach the SSDT instead reboot and hit F4 in Clover boot menu and attach your whole EFI folder so I can take a look at all your OEM SSDT/DSDT

Hi Pavo,

something happened to the upload. My Firefox isn´t uploading any more, I had to change the browser.

Here is my reduced EfI folder with the 580 SDDT, minus themes and apple stuff. Leads to one working display and second display with frozen verbose text.

Thanks in advance!

post-1621613-0-56000600-1511555937_thumb.jpg

EFI.zip

Hi Pavo,

something happened to the upload. My Firefox isn´t uploading any more, I had to change the browser.

Here is my reduced EfI folder with the 580 SDDT, minus themes and apple stuff. Leads to one working display and second display with frozen verbose text.

Thanks in advance!

attachicon.gifscreens.jpg

Try this EFI, please test using as USB drive without changing or adding anything to it.

EFI.zip

Oh I forgot to mention disable CSM and make PEG/PCI your primary GPU boot device in bios then try the EFI folder I gave you without changing or adding anything to it please.

That is what I did, my CSM is always disabled, and PCI always the primary boot device anyhow. So with those set, the EFI folder didn't work, it kept retrying the gfxfirmware, and then I tried it with -disablegfxfirmware, and then it just booted to a black screen/empty frame.

That is what I did, my CSM is always disabled, and PCI always the primary boot device anyhow. So with those set, the EFI folder didn't work, it kept retrying the gfxfirmware, and then I tried it with -disablegfxfirmware, and then it just booted to a black screen/empty frame.

Try this one

EFI.zip

by any chance are you on ryzen? 

Nope, z270 + 7700k

Unfortunately, the same problem as adding -disablegfxfirmware onto your previous one, just black screen after boot.

Just doesn't make any sense, can you screenshare into it and pull some logs?

Just doesn't make any sense, can you screenshare into it and pull some logs?

I made my own SSDT from scratch once again and it works to inject the framebuffer (confirmed via Ioregistryexplorer). But it did no good whatsoever for hdmi..

*edit updated file, it was the wrong one. For some reason, it doesn't inject the properties without device id and vendor.

Anyhow, I tried ubuntu and it boots triple displays natively.

Can one change the display type under a framebuffer? I see that Acre injects 'none' on hdmi as opposed to LCD on others

*edit, with whatevergreen it does inject ld as display type, but that doesn't get hdmi either.

Can somebody send me the 9500Controller kext from 10.3.2?

post-1336092-0-94365700-1511588553_thumb.png

SSDT-RX-560.zip

Someone test, please, new version

Tested three times here, HW specs see my signature.

First time it crashed during verbose boot.

Second and third time it boots right into desktop, than macOS stopped responding immediatly after 2 seconds and HighSierra 10.13.2 beta4 restarted.

Sorry, got no logs for you to investigate.

I made my own SSDT from scratch once again and it works to inject the framebuffer (confirmed via Ioregistryexplorer). But it did no good whatsoever for hdmi..

*edit updated file, it was the wrong one. For some reason, it doesn't inject the properties without device id and vendor.

Anyhow, I tried ubuntu and it boots triple displays natively.

Can one change the display type under a framebuffer? I see that Acre injects 'none' on hdmi as opposed to LCD on others

*edit, with whatevergreen it does inject ld as display type, but that doesn't get hdmi either.

Can somebody send me the 9500Controller kext from 10.3.2?

Looks to me that you still iGPU enabled

attachicon.gifRadeonMonitor.kext.zip

In general (perhaps noob question):

Can it be that since some time it is not more possible to kextload sensor kexts like in the past?

I use Fakesmc (/in /Clover/kext) and tried to sudo kextload the radeon (sure, chmodded root:wheel)

I got:

kextload /Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext 

/Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) dependency resolution failure; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

bash-3.2# kextutil -v /Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext 

Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'

/Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext - dependency 'org.netkas.FakeSMC' not found.

/Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext - dependency 'org.netkas.FakeSMC' not found.

Diagnostics for /Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext:

Dependency Resolution Failures: 

No kexts found for these libraries: 

org.netkas.FakeSMC

Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid

bash-3.2# 

I see in kextstat : org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1765) 9EEC6103-EEBA-34B3-B9AF-8FE333C43E90 <11 7 5 4 3 1>

DO i use wrong FakeSMC for that - i use latest DL from rehab.(https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek

Where do i get lastest DL working with yours?

attachicon.gifRadeonMonitor.kext.zip

Its injecting fine for me but not seeing anything for it in kextstat, is this suppose to be used with HWSensor?

Bootlog:

11:019  0:012  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
11:019  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\RadeonMonitor.kext
11:024  0:005  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\RealtekRTL8111.kext
11:033  0:008  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\USBInjectAll.kext
11:041  0:008  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
11:048  0:006  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext
11:063  0:015    |-- PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\PinConfigs.kext
11:206  0:142  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext

In general (perhaps noob question):

Can it be that since some time it is not more possible to kextload sensor kexts like in the past?

I use Fakesmc (/in /Clover/kext) and tried to sudo kextload the radeon (sure, chmodded root:wheel)

I got:

kextload /Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext 

/Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) dependency resolution failure; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

bash-3.2# kextutil -v /Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext 

Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'

Diagnostics for /Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext:

Dependency Resolution Failures: 

No kexts found for these libraries: 

org.netkas.FakeSMC

Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid

bash-3.2# 

I see in kextstat : org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1765) 9EEC6103-EEBA-34B3-B9AF-8FE333C43E90

DO i use wrong FakeSMC for that - i use latest DL from rehab.(https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek

Where do i get lastest DL working with yours?

Yes, this is not compatible FakeSMC, you have to use one from my HWSensors3 project.

See dependencies: org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC or 'org.netkas.FakeSMC' not found.

@Pavo same problem?

@Mork vom Ork

The kext seems crashes with your hardware. What Radeon card is installed?

@Mork vom Ork

The kext seems crashes with your hardware. What Radeon card is installed?

Sapphire Radeon RX480 OC NITRO 8GB with latest RX580 VBIOS - HardwareID: 1002:67DF

use NON Lilu or WhatEverGreen - just Miezes SSDT-Patch, your FakeSMC 3.5.0 (out of your latest HWSensors3 3.5.1.dmg) and CLOVER rev. 4319