HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

hmm .... use a different flash disk or a small partition for the installer.

When you have the opportunity to use an real Mac with El Capitan. Then use the El_Capitan_HD.app of chris1111, the app you'll find in the download area. With this app you can make a clean install of El capitan.

• 2 weeks later...

The new hackintosh nvidia drivers for el capitan requires 10.11.6 and im on 10.11.4 is updating safe? Or do i just stick with that version?

There are no tutorials or even hints at how to change kernels on el capitan so im asking if someone can tell me

Hi there. I want to install El Capitan OS on AMD FX 9590 with MSI Radeon 7850 Twin Frozr III on Asrock Fatal1ty 970.

I know that I'll need custom kexts and stuff but I'm totaly new in it. I attempted few times to install Mac OS but I don't have a clue about installing it with this configuration.

I have Windows right now and few hard drives. Could anyone help me? How to install El Capitan on my configuration? Thanks

After my el capitan got corrupted because of either user error or a bad kernel i had to reinstall and after i did i did everything i did before but now its boot looping. I have the exact same kexts and boot flags but it just reboots after i hit enter on Enoch bootloader

Edit: I fixed it by copying over the kernel and For some reason none of the kext changes i made on the usb carried over to the system after i installed it. But now its hanging at Waiting for Dsmos. I think it has to do with the prelinked kernel because it fails every time.  it fails with IOSCSIParallelFamily

DoubleEdit: Ok i fixed that in yosemite. 

Hi there. I want to install El Capitan OS on AMD FX 9590 with MSI Radeon 7850 Twin Frozr III on Asrock Fatal1ty 970.

I know that I'll need custom kexts and stuff but I'm totaly new in it. I attempted few times to install Mac OS but I don't have a clue about installing it with this configuration.

I have Windows right now and few hard drives. Could anyone help me? How to install El Capitan on my configuration? Thanks

boot with windows OS and use Aida64 and export all necessary files such as eg. the dsdt, graphic rom file and the full report, then upload all files. Then we'll see.
  • Like 1

FYI: http://myhack.sojugarden.com/2009/09/permissions-kext-caches/

"NOTE: I was originally using the find command to set directories to 755 and files to 644 instead of just chmod -R 755. While that method actually sets the correct permissions for your extensions according to the “OS X Standards” there were some failures reported due to a few kexts containing non-standard binaries that required executable privileges. You will find that the majority of vanilla kexts inside /S/L/E have their directories set to 755 and the files inside of them are 644. Thus this is the ‘proper’ method to use when correcting permissions for most of them. The few that have executable binaries inside of them however, make it impractical to achieve perfection. While this is not absolutely required for them to ‘work’ it is a good practice to learn how to handle unix permissions properly and to not have files set to executable (755) unless absolutely required for their operation.

With that said I am now advising everyone to use the chmod -R 755 method I have posted above and to use diskutil to repair the permissions on your snow leopard installation once you get it up and running."

Delete VoodooHDA. What version are you using?

You can try this, I haven't tried it before (going to soon as I have a Laptop that needs patching) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

Ive tried every single combination with the AppleHDA patcher and im assuming its only for intel motherboards as no matter what i tried the audio didnt work

Ive tried every single combination with the AppleHDA patcher and im assuming its only for intel motherboards as no matter what i tried the audio didnt work

buy an inexpensive OS X compatible USB sound interface, already available from 5 euros to up, and the sound quality is good.

Here is cloud with all files that you were asking for

https://mega.nz/#F!KhhkRQhT!znZTWWN4AfMPCx0I_YDcxw

I send you, in the course of the day the modified files, so that you can boot properly into El Capitan.

TraspyAble_Extra.zip

buy an inexpensive OS X compatible USB sound interface, already available from 5 euros to up, and the sound quality is good.

I send you, in the course of the day the modified files, so that you can boot properly into El Capitan.

Why do i have to buy an external sound device when no one else has to? :c

Why do i have to buy an external sound device when no one else has to? :c

Spakk made that suggestion because then your Audio would work with no modification if the right one is bought.

AppleHDA patching won't currently work on your chipset but someone is working on it. Try this version of VoodooHDA as I find it to be the most compatible, http://amd-osx.com/files/VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Bu

Spakk made that suggestion because then your Audio would work with no modification if the right one is bought.

AppleHDA patching won't currently work on your chipset but someone is working on it. Try this version of VoodooHDA as I find it to be the most compatible, http://amd-osx.com/files/VoodooHDA.kext.zip

But last time i used VoodooHDA my ears bled :c ill try it but i have big doubts 

Also how do you install clover? Cause i installed it on a usb drive but it wont even launch? I have a UEFI bios but i have it set to Other OS so it should work but it doesnt

I've given that version to many users and it has working for them so fingers crossed. 

Install Clover to a USB for testing. If you have a UEFI try the UEFI option in the Customise section of the Clover installer. 

Yep Doesnt work. The audio "works" But its just garbled mumblings on everything and when the volume is more than half it has a really high pitched sound that hurts my ears. And having it on anything other than mute makes me feel sick. Probably because its playing sound too high pitched for me to hear. 

Also is the site getting maintenance? Cause i keep getting a 502 error when i try to respond 

What is better to use Enoch or EFI Clover to boot it ?

hello,

This is my first post on this forum and really need some help.

I try to install El Capitan on my AMD system.

the following specs:

Asus M5A88-v Evo motherboard,

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor

8Gb Memory,

I follow the guides on and made a usb installer, with chamelion bootloader,

Did the USB fix v3, installed the right kernel,

After some trail and error, i can get the installer to boot,

but  the mouse will not work, (keyboard works fine),

I read already so many forums, and fixes but i can't get it to work,

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this ?

Update:

I finished installing el capitan to my HDD, (using the keyboard)

But now when i select de HDD from Chamelion bootloader, it reboots my system,

i dont see any errors or kernel panic's it just reboots.

hello,

This is my first post on this forum and really need some help.

I try to install El Capitan on my AMD system.

the following specs:

Asus M5A88-v Evo motherboard,

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor

8Gb Memory,

I follow the guides on and made a usb installer, with chamelion bootloader,

Did the USB fix v3, installed the right kernel,

After some trail and error, i can get the installer to boot,

but  the mouse will not work, (keyboard works fine),

I read already so many forums, and fixes but i can't get it to work,

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this ?

Update:

I finished installing el capitan to my HDD, (using the keyboard)

But now when i select de HDD from Chamelion bootloader, it reboots my system,

i dont see any errors or kernel panic's it just reboots.

You have to copy over the kernel, and system.kext, and probably copy over extra folder to, from your usb and any extra kexts you added. 

After that just in case boot into single user mode with -s and repair the permissions and then rebuild the prelinked kernel 

/sbin/mount -uw /

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel 

kextcache -system-caches

Edit: When you boot into el capitan youll have to install chameleon onto your el capitan drive.

You have to copy over the kernel, and system.kext, and probably copy over extra folder to, from your usb and any extra kexts you added. 

After that just in case boot into single user mode with -s and repair the permissions and then rebuild the prelinked kernel 

/sbin/mount -uw /

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel 

kextcache -system-caches

Edit: When you boot into el capitan youll have to install chameleon onto your el capitan drive.

How can I copy the files, the system keeps restarting I can't boot into it?

Maybe I can use a sub docking station to connect the ssd to my MacBook and copie the files from the usb to hdd?!

I hope after I copy the kernel and files I can boot into single user mode.

Thanks I will try it tomorrow!!

How can I copy the files, the system keeps restarting I can't boot into it?

Maybe I can use a sub docking station to connect the ssd to my MacBook and copie the files from the usb to hdd?!

I hope after I copy the kernel and files I can boot into single user mode.

Thanks I will try it tomorrow!!

Take a look here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312049-amd-post-install-preparation/

• Like 1