10.4.8 without HPET/NX and SSE2

semthex

281 posts in this topic

Well it's Friday, I have the 10.4.7 dvd to restore the system files if I screw up, and I have tons of time. I'll try giving this thing a 2nd shot. I'm just glad to know that I wasn't the only one receiving that diskarb error.

More importantly, I really need to know if the 10.4.7 AppleSMBios is absolutely imperative for the system to boot. If its the key, then no matter how times I recompile I'll run into an error. I know it was mentioned for Vitality's kernel, but Semthex's had no mention of it.

Later and good luck to everybody else in my situation.

Guest goodtime
Goodtime, do you know if it is a no/nx? Cause that's the only thing that keeps me from booting with Vitaliy's.

No I do not know. I am still messing with sem's kernel.

GT

-- Kernel Byte Count Checker written in Plain old AppleScript:

set Karma to "insert MagicPoem here."

set n to number of characters in Karma

display dialog n

Guest goodtime
I gave up it stopped a couple lines down at Registered to Apple or something like that and something to do with 261? and a buffer? Anyone have any updates on that DVD?

I got the diskarb error and now coreserviced crashed over and over again.

:dev:

Guest goodtime
I got the diskarb error and now coreserviced crashed over and over again.

:dev:

I might of found a problem. Disk Ownership was turned off. (Ignore Permissions on this Volume as checked. Unchecked the box and rebuilding permissions.. Somehow when I formatted this disk, it defaulted to that.) Edit: nope that didn't do it.

I noticed my JaS 10.4.8 also gets a diskarb error, but then R2D2 kicks into high gear.

r2d2 seems to never load on the true 10.4.8

Any way to force r2d2 to load or load sooner?

Edit: Got my Kernel to stop at the Blue Screen with Mouse Arrow. Still looks like a Decrypt / R2D2 Problem. :(

-GT

Guest goodtime
I read about all those problems with the new kernel and I think there is still muchw ork to do, but hey it just has begun :-)

Work on fixes in in progress, so ppl hang on :-)

Thanks Semthex!

We are not in a hurry as most of us are using a test partition. :dev: My JaS 10.4.8 is still solid as a rock. Using a USB Drive for testing.

I noticed that JaS is cooking something up this weekend. Let's all take a break and have a beer. Cheers! It's going to be a fun ride.

Okay , so this is where I am at so far , this relase will only support intel sse3 with or without nx and with or without hpet ( with semthex's kernel) intel / via / ati ata controllers

mikfi's kernel needs nx and hpet

I will release ppf's for this image as new support is developed ( amd and sse2 )

here is a pic

sweet action JaS! I've come to realize that if it wasn't for people like you putting together updates like this, I'd still be running 10.4.1. I can't seem to compile a kernel to save my life. Much appreciated, and really I'm in awe.

r2d2 seems to never load on the true 10.4.8

Any way to force r2d2 to load or load sooner?

Edit: Got my Kernel to stop at the Blue Screen with Mouse Arrow. Still looks like a Decrypt / R2D2 Problem. :compress:

Goodtime,

I have the same problem here (Semthex kernel whithout Artoo). The system stops at the same blue screen. I can just move the mouse pointer.

If I force Artoo loading in /etc/rc, the system reboots...

Anyone, please? Semthex?

Okay , so this is where I am at so far , this relase will only support intel sse3 with or without nx and with or without hpet ( with semthex's kernel) intel / via / ati ata controllers

mikfi's kernel needs nx and hpet

I will release ppf's for this image as new support is developed ( amd and sse2 )

here is a pic

JaS,

Please do not forget to include other kexts, just like:

- AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

- ApplePS2Controller.kext

- IOATAFamily.kext

- IONetworkingFamily.kext

Keep up the great work!