10.4.8 without HPET/NX and SSE2

semthex

281 posts in this topic

:dance_24: first you got to find the poem. nad then follow the jonesi link .

and you will find out if you are wise enought.

sorry can be explicit.because i respect Semthex. :gathering:

Guest goodtime
:blink: first you got to find the poem. nad then follow the jonesi link .

and you will find out if you are wise enought.

sorry can be explicit.because i respect Semthex. :poster_oops:

I haven't tried this yet, but your answer is vague. Sorry. This site is about helping people and teamwork. If it is clear to you please share and give us a more specific hint. Thank you.

i figured out what i have to do, and compiled my kernel...

but now i get timeout error short before loginwindow will load. and system do nothing.

change the applesmbios doesnt help here :poster_oops:

when i compiled i kernel, i get also a system.kext... is that important that i have to used that?

Guest goodtime
i figured out what i have to do, and compiled my kernel...

but now i get timeout error short before loginwindow will load. and system do nothing.

change the applesmbios doesnt help here :poster_oops:

when i compiled i kernel, i get also a system.kext... is that important that i have to used that?

Interesting, I wonder what the system.kext is for or what it does?

:blink:

i know this site is about helping each other.

but i must research further before i say something wrong.

thats why i didnt want it to go further with explinations.besides this forum has been under the look of unwanted people.

saludos greetings goodtime

Guest goodtime
i know this site is about helping each other.

but i must research further before i say something wrong.

thats why i didnt want it to go further with explinations.besides this forum has been under the look of unwanted people.

saludos greetings goodtime

No problemo.

GT

I think I get it, except for one thing. Semthex said the "wise words" are 256 bytes long, but I'm coming up with 221 (reading every character in the comments (i.e. between /* ... */). How would I go about padding this to get 256? Do I add zero's to the end? Do I add spaces to the end? Am I reading the wrong poem?

Check your Karma in the latest Maxxuss Kernel at Hex $002d0600

My wise words:

static const char magicpoem[]={"My Karma seems to be fine\nThere's no need for a second line.\n © Elppa."};

Good luck!

.gk

:( so what does THAT tell us now in relation to the new 10.4.8 kernels ??

Guest bikedude880

My wise words:

static const char magicpoem[]={"My Karma seems to be fine\nThere's no need for a second line.\n © Elppa."};

Good luck!

.gk

:blink: so what does THAT tell us now in relation to the new 10.4.8 kernels ??

Nothing as far as I know...

=

static const char magicpoem[]={"Line1\nLine2\n[...all the other lines...]\n   (C) Apple Computer, Inc."};

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there must be 3 spaces before the ( C) | \n = Linebreak

Guest bikedude880

Has anyone actually booted the GUI with this key? I know there are two out there that will work and I currently hold one of them... (and don't PM for it... you won't get a response)

Guest goodtime

My wise words:

Good luck!

.gk

Are we counting spaces or no spaces? Without Spaces with works without the © Elppa. and add an extra "." at the end.

With spaces comes out to 308, Without spaces: 256:

Has anyone actually booted the GUI with this key? I know there are two out there that will work and I currently hold one of them... (and don't PM for it... you won't get a response)

Bikedude, I cant test it, but I compared the key with the one in maxxuss' kernel. It is absolutely the same. 256 byte. But caution, the forum changes the © sign in the posts. It must be ( C ) without the spaces, or it will not work.