10.4.8 without HPET/NX and SSE2

semthex

281 posts in this topic

Most problems may be related due to the lack of AMD support.

What has to be done to get AMD running? Is it 'just' the cpu ids that has to be fixed or are there more modifications that has to be done?

No nF4 has HPET, like many South Bridges dated by 2004 and later, but on some boards it doesn't want to work properly.

Hmm on my request to NVida they told only latest mobo series would support HPET, older (a very few) got a "clone" of HPET (former multimedia timer) which does not fully work and shouldn't be used with OS. If the manufactur of something tells me I should keep of it, I consider it broken :-)

There are some other questions I got, maybe anyone can tell me a real application for HPET, since I haven't found ANY good use for a femto seconds counter yet... lol Ah... btw. maybe anyone else can tell me how they count femto since I don't know any transistor beyond pico?

WE CURRENTLY HAVE NEARLY NO AMD TESTER COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY JOIN IRC USING AMD? THANKS!

Can some one please explain for me why the system doesnt boot withe HT enabled in BIOS with SEMTHEX 10,4,8 kernel?

Can some one please explain for me why the system doesnt boot withe HT enabled in BIOS with SEMTHEX 10,4,8 kernel?

It boots fine without HT exept CI/QE. I have GMA900 reselution change works, Prescott P4 3.2Ghz SSE3.

First , why did you ask this qustion 3 times in a row,that is obnoxious.

Secondly my cpu with ht boots fine with HT enabled.

try getting and installing 10.4.8 from the dvd that has been released.

Thanks again JaS!!!!

I saw no x1600 support on the installer, does it works out of box, or still needs the great Neopheus installer?

Will download and seed 10:1

Quoting my own message, does 10.4.8 has native support for x1600 cards?

Thanks , oh ... Long time no see bro :blink: hows things ?

OT: Indeed. Work man, that's about all I do. It pays off in the end though. How about yourself?

I'm excited to get this up and running on my computer as soon as the AMD patch is available (or I switch to a C2D, whichever is first). Its been a long time since I've danced with the good Tiger. :dance_24:

Anyone who wants to test with AMD pls join IRC. I will be back after work, approxily in 7 hours from now on.

Damn. I totally would but I have work. >_<

hi all,

Don't know if this has been asked somewhere else (i have looked) but how can i know if i have HPET/NX, and what are the benefits to use the kernel that needs this.

Can someone(?) also put this info in the first post so everyone knows how to spot this and the advantages of using a kernel that supports this (if your pc supports it).

If the info is available in another post please forgive me and hint me in the direction ;-)

Thanks & Cheers!

:dance_24:

osxG

Man, i'd be glad to help you out, i have an AMD rig, Athlon64 X2 3800, Radeon x1600 pro PCIe, 2 GB ram and AsROCK 939 SLI32, you'll find me in the IRC channel or here.

Anyone who wants to test with AMD pls join IRC. I will be back after work, approxily in 7 hours from now on.

Replacing all the frameworks has not fixed the "illegal instructions" in the rc script. The problamatic lines are kextload, kextd, launchd and a few others. I thought that maybe the 10.4.8 frameworks might have sse3 only code in them, thus the reason that I swapped them with 10.4.7 ones. However, the results are the same. I guess now I have to assume that there are still incompatibilities in the Kernel and SSE2.

Semthex- what work still needs to be done for sse2 in the kernel? If you need someone to help test any new sse2-compatible kernels, please let me know, or even just let me know where i should look in the sources and I will atry to fix it myself (i know you are a busy guy). I will get on IRC tonight and see if you are on.

Or, are these problems not at all related to SSE2? i just cant understand why I get illegal instructions...

Guest goodtime
First , why did you ask this qustion 3 times in a row,that is obnoxious.

Secondly my cpu with ht boots fine with HT enabled.

try getting and installing 10.4.8 from the dvd that has been released.

JaS,

Awesome news about HT. :( I agree with you about redundant questions in same post.

Goodtime

Guest goodtime

in IRC, JaS told me for those building their own 10.4.8 with a compiled kernel to:

1. Using the unpatched 10.4.4 Restore DVD, Install the test 10.4.4 system on a 2nd partiton. Do not install 10.4.4 from the JaS DVD. It will result in Diskarrb and CoreServicesd error.

2. install 10.4.8 to test partition, unpatched from Apple.

3. Install Semethex and Mifki's compiled kernel

4. Install SMBIOS.kext

5. + and device drivers that you need for sound, video, devices, etc.

GT

p.s.

relax coolbits, This post is about something else