10.4.8 without HPET/NX and SSE2

semthex

281 posts in this topic

semthex what do you meen? It clocking with ticks_per_second == current cpu frequency in Hz :D

Bassicly, but AMD is a bit "diffrent" in many TSC related things, there a re serveral problems and latencys I read about last few days.

Bassicly, but AMD is a bit "diffrent" in many TSC related things, there a re serveral problems and latencys I read about last few days.
I'm not sured in this, because algorithm for cpu frequency detection based on measurements from TSC and some high accuracy timer works well on both Intel and AMD CPU's. Some problems might be if cpu changes it state (e.g. from S0 to S3), so some timers (like PM-Timer) don't ticks at new state.

If you want get optimal values of clock ticks, you may rather use performance monitoring counters.

I'm not sured in this, because algorithm for cpu frequency detection based on measurements from TSC and some high accuracy timer works well on both Intel and AMD CPU's. Some problems might be if cpu changes it state (e.g. from S0 to S3), so some timers (like PM-Timer) don't ticks at new state.

If you want get optimal values of clock ticks, you may rather use performance monitoring counters.

Thanks for the info Ii will try to fix AMD today :-D

It'S the primary problem with TSC atm, some others with cpuid checks but they aren't worth to mention sicne they are fixed or are going to be fixed soon.

For TSC,

have you tried the BOOT-Option notsc or clock=pmtmr ?

It is linux style but could work anyway with darwin, too.

Hello, some people have problem with CPUID. So SSE3 is not detected in some systems(but works if called). I have kernel panics with this kernel because SSE3 is not detected at initialization resulting in Unresolved Trap.

I know that my computer supports SSE3, NX etc... But I need to apply CPUID patch and SSE2 maxxuss patch for 8.4 work.

There exists any workaround? Removing sse3 detection at kernel loading is possible?

(I cant change CPUID configurations on BIOS - Dell's limited BIOS)...

Goodtime- Thanks for the info...

Will try to follow macgeek instructions....

Its just that with mifki kernel it boots OK and with semthex source after compiled failed....

I saw jbond explanation of the differences but ;)

now I've got the blue...the blue screen that is...anyway I got one config work with mifki and think i leave it at that for now...will try to get it to work later if i have time....curiousity you know :D

Hello, some people have problem with CPUID. So SSE3 is not detected in some systems(but works if called). I have kernel panics with this kernel because SSE3 is not detected at initialization resulting in Unresolved Trap.

I know that my computer supports SSE3, NX etc... But I need to apply CPUID patch and SSE2 maxxuss patch for 8.4 work.

There exists any workaround? Removing sse3 detection at kernel loading is possible?

(I cant change CPUID configurations on BIOS - Dell's limited BIOS)...

The CPUID bug solution for Dells is on the semthex code already, but the code is commented !!!, check cpuid.c, and uncoment the toonerh's code in the cpuid_set_info function, this solve the problem for me.

Dell dimension 4700

Athlon 64 X2 3800 with SSE3

CPUID (eax=0x01)

EAX....: 0x20fb1

EBX....: 0x1020800

ECX....: 0x1

EDX....: 0x178bfbff

I would be happy if some of you could use the program which can be foudn here:

http://semthex.freeflux.net/tools-wisdom/eax1.html

and give me your CPUIds and don't forget write down which SPU you got inside your box :-)

I would be happy if some of you could use the program which can be foudn here:

http://semthex.freeflux.net/tools-wisdom/eax1.html

and give me your CPUIds and don't forget write down which SPU you got inside your box :-)

Very few people here are skilled enough to compile the program in order to run it. Maybe you can provide it in binary form?

Pentium 4 Prescott SSE3

Dell gx280...

CPUID (eax=0x01)

EAX....: 0xf41

EBX....: 0x1020800

ECX....: 0x441d

EDX....: 0xbfebfbff

Very few people here are skilled enough to compile the program in order to run it. Maybe you can provide it in binary form?

You can compile it simply with:

make coisa

coisa.zip

You can compile it simply with:

make coisa

"make" isn't available without the Developer tools.

Or, simply run the "coisa" binary that you provided. Thank you!

Pentium D 805

CPUID (eax=0x01)

EAX....: 0xf47

EBX....: 0x20800

ECX....: 0x651d

EDX....: 0xbfebfbff