HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

I was able to install using Clover for El Capitan, but it is in French. I did not see the choice of either US or UK English.

Why you said Installer is French 

Where do you see French on that ??

Installer is on English totally

--11.png

• Like 2

--11.png

By the way, can someone else confirm Chris1111's the post installer is working?

The only thing this installed was the Apps and not Clover on the ESP partition. 

I ended up downloading Clover from another site and installing as posted. Again, audio and shutdown fix are posted above (audio is CodecCommander and shutdown, drive logos, ect are patched through DSDT provided by Rockey12).

I ended up downloading Clover from another site and installing as posted. Again, audio and shutdown fix are posted above (audio is CodecCommander and shutdown, drive logos, ect are patched through DSDT provided by Rockey12).

Did you read some above page or not?

Did you read some above page or not?

Yes. I'm saying that the ESP isn't loading correctly with the post installer and wanted someone else to confirm its working for them. It might be something simple like mounting the EFI partition before running the install.

Is this working for everyone else?!

I was able once to get to the desktop after install on z800 using all files provided here.  Then I ran this post installer and I could not boot anymore :(  What is the procedure once you run this installer does it replace the needed kext or do i have to manually add them again?  I am not understanding it right maybe.  Also I had all disk connected in sas and sata ports along with 2 raid cards along with onboard LSI raid and to my surprise it booted fine inside after the first install.  Doing the post install thing for z800 provided here did not work for me.  But I will try it again.

I used Rockey's bios settings for z800 and I see my bios has more options then his.  what version of bios you running?  my is lates 3.57 i think.

Thanks for info

Also for the osx beta is that just the update after or should i install it on the usb ?  Thanks

I was able once to get to the desktop after install on z800 using all files provided here.  Then I ran this post installer and I could not boot anymore :(  What is the procedure once you run this installer does it replace the needed kext or do i have to manually add them again?  I am not understanding it right maybe.  Also I had all disk connected in sas and sata ports along with 2 raid cards along with onboard LSI raid and to my surprise it booted fine inside after the first install.  Doing the post install thing for z800 provided here did not work for me.  But I will try it again.

I used Rockey's bios settings for z800 and I see my bios has more options then his.  what version of bios you running?  my is lates 3.57 i think.

Thanks for info

Also for the osx beta is that just the update after or should i install it on the usb ?  Thanks

Yeah, I had the same issue with the post installer. I had to manually install Clover to the EFI Partition. The issue is that your EFI partition hasn't been selected as active which is why it isn't booting up.

Here's the manual terminal command:

1. Open Terminal

2. sudo -s

3. your password

4. fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

5. p

6. f 1

7. w

8. quit

This should activate the EFI partition.

You may want to mount it to check.

1. Diskutil list

2. locate EFI partition to determine mount point (disk0s1 in this example)

3. mkdir /Volumes/efi

4. mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

Ensure your Kext files and DSDT live inside there. This is also a good time to manually install Clover (so you won't need the USB key).

In my case, I mounted both EFI partitions (one from USB key and the target HD install for EL Cap) and copied from bootable USB to EL Cap EFI. Then I ran the activate command posted above.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

this is some low number for open gl on titan?  I get that on ati 7970?  I was thinking of upgrading to 980 ti or titan 

i have a question about the Clover - there are kext in the usb stick for different versions folders is it safe to delete these kext and just leave 10.11 ... also folder other?

this is some low number for open gl on titan?  I get that on ati 7970?  I was thinking of upgrading to 980 ti or titan 

i have a question about the Clover - there are kext in the usb stick for different versions folders is it safe to delete these kext and just leave 10.11 ... also folder other?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306535-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-el-capitan-update-02182016/?p=2142856

try this driver for nvidia web driver for el capitan 10.11.4

i have simmilar results about 50fps in cinebench

next week i will try gtx 580 and gtx 980 and i will post the three results

my friend has 980ti and his score was around 48 for cinebench and that surprised me ... because in windows i saw 70-80 from other people.  Maybe osx is not using open gl right.  Also it would be nice to see how the cuda performas if you have DaVinci resolve with candle test ?  I am asking all this because i have ATI 7970 it is older card but i am surprised to see similar results in realworld tests. I want to upgrade so I get surprised that the scores are so low for 980ti and titan under osx

I was able to install using Clover for El Capitan, but it is in French. I did not see the choice of either US or UK English.

Everyone, i see what jaymack was talking about when he said the installer was in french.  I too faced the same thing too. I used the EFI El Capitan installer to create the usb and then i just used the zipped files from post #166 from Kif.007 above and I finally got to the installer with this pack but it's in french.. Why is it in french? Idk, it's beyond me.  Shed some light please anyone.

Here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307920-guide-clover-dell-precision-690-workstation/?p=2220371

And me I confirm !

Everyone, i see what jaymack was talking about when he said the installer was in french.  I too faced the same thing too. I used the EFI El Capitan installer to create the usb and then i just used the zipped files from post #166 from Kif.007 above and I finally got to the installer with this pack but it's in french.. Why is it in french? Idk, it's beyond me.  Shed some light please anyone.

The completed El Capitan install was in French. I was not even given the choice of US or UK English. They were not listed. I finished the install just to see if it would work. I now to need to start over, and try to figure out how this happened so that I can have a working install in the English Language.        I might add that I too used all the files from post #166.

--11.png

That is the post installer. The completed install of El Capitan was in French. I have only stated that the install went fine, but that English was not a choice when it got to the part where you select country and language. I never said that the installer post or otherwise was in French. I do not know if the files from post # 166 were the problem.

EL Capitan installed in French not English.

I found the language problem jaymack, it all lies in the config.plist.  You must open the pilst with clover configurator first and then change the language from fr to en like here: 

post-1199206-0-50917500-1457533479_thumb.png

• Like 2

Here is the key of my USB clover 'INSTALL' created with great utility Chris1111 (Universal Installer V5). When I boot it arriving on the install, all languages are available. Hope this can help you.

cloverz01.zip he second file is compressed 2 times, to decompress first.

CLOVER.zip

CLOVER.z01.zip

• Like 2

I found the language problem jaymack, it all lies in the config.plist.  You must open the pilst with clover configurator first and then change the language from fr to en like here: 

Thankyou, I suspected it had to be in one of the files but had not yet looked. Can you upload the edited plist?

I totally agree with you Rockey12, frankly Chris1111 GREAT RESPECT for all the work you provided to community involvement Hackintosh. Thank MR.

config.plist edit post 188

• Like 2