HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Great to see you are helping each other.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to finish this guide, as I got really busy with other things in my life (new job, new projects and now mainly using gentoo Linux as my main OS) and also because I do not own that Z400 Workstation anymore.

It was glad to help this community!

So, I invite any of you to start, if needed, a new thread and copy the guide I've created to make it evolve.

If you do create a new thread, please let me know in a private message (I won't follow this thread anymore) so I can add your thread link in the main post.

Best Regards,

- chatdeau

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

There have been many replies on this post and I am finding it difficult to collate everything I need to install El Capitan on my Z600. I have tried various solutions on the replies and some are for yosemeite and some for z400's. If you would be so kind, please could you give me a step by step guide on installing El Capitan on a z600 with dual nvidia quadro 290 cards.

I have tried with clover and am currently stuck on panic cycle. backtrace shows AppleUSBUHCIPCI as the top line with a list of dependancies. I am currently lost in the world of :

1. what is a DSDT file and do I need one?

2. where exactly to I  need to copy these Kexts ( EFI) and/or USB/S/L/E and/or somewhere else?

3. Chown -R does not work to fix ownership of these kexts, how do I fix and do I need to ?

4. what is clover doing for me automatically ? do I need to bother copying kext if it has them and injects?

5. how is El Capitan driver signing working, is it preventing the kextx from being used? if so how do I get around this? is clover getting around this?

6. should I use chameleon instead ? if so what is the procedure?

My current setup is a sandybridge pc running 10.7.5. It started off as snow leopard a few years back and has progressed. I would like to get this z600 up with the latest osx so I can migrate to it.

Thank you in advance

Hi,

There have been many replies on this post and I am finding it difficult to collate everything I need to install El Capitan on my Z600. I have tried various solutions on the replies and some are for yosemeite and some for z400's. If you would be so kind, please could you give me a step by step guide on installing El Capitan on a z600 with dual nvidia quadro 290 cards.

I have tried with clover and am currently stuck on panic cycle. backtrace shows AppleUSBUHCIPCI as the top line with a list of dependancies. I am currently lost in the world of :

1. what is a DSDT file and do I need one?

2. where exactly to I  need to copy these Kexts ( EFI) and/or USB/S/L/E and/or somewhere else?

3. Chown -R does not work to fix ownership of these kexts, how do I fix and do I need to ?

4. what is clover doing for me automatically ? do I need to bother copying kext if it has them and injects?

5. how is El Capitan driver signing working, is it preventing the kextx from being used? if so how do I get around this? is clover getting around this?

6. should I use chameleon instead ? if so what is the procedure?

My current setup is a sandybridge pc running 10.7.5. It started off as snow leopard a few years back and has progressed. I would like to get this z600 up with the latest osx so I can migrate to it.

Thank you in advance

I'm having major problems getting 10.11 working on this box. Going to use 10.10.5. Others are reporting issues with freezing and glitching with 10.11

Good News:

The Enoch Method works for 10.11 - El Captain.

On other Mac / Hack:

Create an El Captain 8GB USB via the Enoch installer.

Use Kext Wizard to install Micky's Block Storage Kext (posted on page 1) and rebuild / repair permissions in extra on USB.

Update on "AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.kext" and "IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.kext" - these kexts cause USB kernel panic, do not use for El Cap install!

Boot from USB:

Use the following flags to get into the installer:

-x
-f
-v
PCIRootUID = 0
GraphicsEnabler = Yes
Nv_disable = 1

Hope this helps anyone trying to get this working on El Cap.

7245f8983537b0fa1a72c95794555c52.jpg

• Like 2

Good News:

The Enoch Method works for 10.11 - El Captain.

On other Mac / Hack:

Create an El Captain 8GB USB via the Enoch installer.

Use Kext Wizard to install Micky's Block Storage Kext (posted on page 1) and rebuild / repair permissions in extra on USB.

Boot from USB:

Use the following flags to get into the installer:

-x

-f

-v

PCIRootUID = 0

GraphicsEnabler = Yes

Nv_disable = 1

Hope this helps anyone trying to get this working on El Cap.

7245f8983537b0fa1a72c95794555c52.jpg

Great

Have you boot without -x and you haven't any problem with freezes in finder?

Great

Have you boot without -x and you haven't any problem with freezes in finder?

Yes. Booted as above without -x and NV_Disable.

No issues other than installing the drivers.

Network worked out of box (AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext) and Graphics (NVDANV50HAL).

RAM is reporting wrong amount. Easy fix.

No USB issues.

No Freezes in Finder associated with chipset.

Used sil3132.kext from Sonnet to get past legacy AHCI issue. Still troubleshooting that. This may be the cause of finder freezes others are experiencing.

I'll report back if I make some headway.

01f8c399d27a24492dc2c3ecde7e53ff.jpg

• Like 1

OK - I'm 100% running now without issues on 10.11.3!   :thumbsup_anim:

Various issues fixed with DSDT (including Intel ESB2 AHCI).

My advice is to wait to install DSDT though, only after successful usb install (don't use it on USB extra).

Attached you'll see my extra folder. Please disregard sil3132.kext if you don't have that hardware.

Keep me posted if anyone gets this working with Clover.

Thanks,

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/5202019

Extra.zip

• Like 2

OK - I'm 100% running now without issues on 10.11.3!   :thumbsup_anim:

Various issues fixed with DSDT (including Intel ESB2 AHCI).

My advice is to wait to install DSDT though, only after successful usb install (don't use it on USB extra).

Attached you'll see my extra folder. Please disregard sil3132.kext if you don't have that hardware.

Keep me posted if anyone gets this working with Clover.

Thanks,

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/5202019

attachicon.gifExtra.zip

ok thanks

i will try it

Can you make a mini guide with the steps so me and others can install ?

Thanks A lot :)  :)  :)  :)

hi djfremen  did you connect a separate sata controller

SiliconImage3132?

Yes. initially I used this card:

post-390501-0-67532800-1455047367_thumb.png

It's disconnected now though. Use whatever tool is free to get 10.11.3 installed on your target. A real mac would work perfect too.

Will try to make a compete write soon but Enoch is the key.

Yes. initially I used this card:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-02-09 at 11.42.59 AM.png

It's disconnected now though. Use whatever tool is free to get 10.11.3 installed on your target. A real mac would work perfect too.

Will try to make a compete write soon but Enoch is the key.

Hi,

Do you have audio working as well?

Thanks for the great work!

-apav

I have istall el capitan 10.11.2 with enoch and djfremen guide but i have the same problem again many freezes in finder :(

i don't know where is the problem

my configurastion is:

2 x xeon 5660

nvidia titan

48 gb ram

i boot with -f and - v only

Please tell us what your system console is saying when it "freezes"

I hate that term because it can mean several things (kernel panic in finder, mouse lag, complete lock-up). Please be specific which you're experiencing. Also, why did you build a key with 10.11.2 and not the current download of 10.11.3? I'd recommend using the latest. Is your Nvidia Titan fully supported?