HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Hi guys I thought I would share this info, in case you would like to change the noisy fans on the Z800. This are the fans that would be compatible with the system and will make it silent. Also find attached the pinout diagram.

RAM memory fans:

https://www.quietpc.com/nf-a8-flx

Rear fans:

https://www.quietpc.com/nf-a9-pwm

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01718096

@Rockey12: This are my DSDT and config.plist. Do you dsdt editor would you recommend me?

Thank you.

DSDT + config.zip

• Like 1

Hi, Rockey12, i tried the dsdt. The system run but no Cuda and no firework work.

I have Lacie External HDD with 3 interface. USB, Firewire and firewire 800. Only the usb work.

And nvidia card, if i select use nvidia driver and then restart, the driver again is set to default driver.

Hi Rockey thank you for doing this I appreciate your time.

One of the things I find interesting is that when I boot with chameleon and OSX 10.9.5, when I modify turbo boost in the BIOS the processors go from 2.93 Mhz to 3.06 Mhz. Chameleon seems to detect all the changes correctly. Even when you add more ram, new PCIe cards and hardware in general.

Thank you.

Report Z800.txt

• Like 1

Hi Rockey, the modified DSDT loads fine but I am still getting the panic with the modified config.plist and I get this boot screen. If I use the original one It lets me boot without problem into the regular clover boot screen and normal boot on the OSX hard drive.

Thanks.

post-1547990-0-95745700-1462707203_thumb.jpg

Hi Rockey, I think the config.plist is fine. I wanted to fix the GPU showing as ethernet and having working audio. You mentioned a few posts back that we must eliminate Voodoo kext from the system. I tried to get rid off it but I think the Voodoo drivers are embedded into the AppleHDA.kext. I can still see audio from voodoo even thought I eliminated all the kexts related to it.

I am using your AppleHDA.kext but for some reason I still get voodoo audio.

I am happy the way my system is right now. I just wanted to see if I could manage to have audio as well.

All the rest is brilliant.

Thanks again.

post-1547990-0-76646700-1462716050_thumb.png

Hi Rockey, I have audio on the Z800 tower speaker and on the headphones! I looked on all the clover kexts folders and voodoo was on the other kexts folder. Once I got rid off it, audio is working natively.

I now also have GPU showing as display controller with your last modified config.plist.

I cannot thank you enough. Absolutely amazing work.

post-1547990-0-13483500-1462719184_thumb.png

post-1547990-0-51557400-1462719184_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi, Rockey12, good morning. I have very much problems with my Z600, i tried the dsdt from other user z600, start but very bad, but DSDT is for Z600 diferent. I boot with Yosemite Zone from Niresh, boot from USB without problem, but restart from disk ok, except the mouse and keyboard no work...  I try very much things, but nooooot work.

From Win7 i get DSDT.bin, with AIDA 64, i send it you, please... or what do for active USB, Thks...

Hi, other time. I have a two disk in the z600, i like create a RAID0, i used the utility from z600, but DiskUtility on OSX installer destroy this RAID, and i create a new RAID0 with OSX DiskUtility, but not boot, the pc show "try boot from disk"....... and not boot....

Any user from forum have experience in this procedure with RAID?

Thks...

aaahhh, the BootLoader is Chameleon, Clover always have problems, "PCI Configuration Begin...", "appleUSBUHCIPCi panic", or ACPI not found... etc

in this Z600, i can install any Bootloader ESP or EFI... is best or equal?

DSDT.zip

Any user from forum have experience in this procedure with RAID?

AppleRAID (RAID0 disks partition by disk utility) is NOT supported by clover. This is a known issue with no timetable on support. You must use chameleon if you want your AppleRAID to show up.

Hi djfreemen, thanks very much for your questions, i think what is alone in this forum... jejejej... I use Chameleon, but not work... "try boot from hard disk but never start...". I have a dude, in the forum the user Rockey12, linked a DSDT for Z600, is similar to my Z600, but nvidia no work, sound no work, is very, very slow.. but start. Without DSDT, the usb device no work and can't login for end installation. There is any procedure for extract the patch apply for this DSDT or know what patch is inject for usb is ready?

Thanks.

Excellent Rockey12, very importan your info, I was wrong, i try create with the bios tool for RAID,you have a lot of knowledge to help grow this community Insanelymac

I'll try later, but first install El Capitan... i have very problems

i use the tool Clover OS X El Capitan V7 by Chris111, i select Clover legacy 3320,  i create a DSDT from aida64 and complete with MaciASL.... Reboot with USB, first problem, ACPI panic, then i used a DSDT from other user with un Z400(My pc is Z600), BINGO... boot an begin installation. Reboot and init Clover, select the HD 10.11.4, and show the Message

"No kernel cache file"

"Cant find /mach_kernel"   :(

What happened, any user in equal case?, is possible fix or use other tool, or other BootLoader... in other disk i do have OSX 10.09, is posible that error is for second disk present?

When i see the disk content, only show applications, library, system and user folders... is very little cant folders, uhhhhmm

Thanks for your help....

Excellent Rockey12, very importan your info, I was wrong, i try create with the bios tool for RAID,you have a lot of knowledge to help grow this community Insanelymac

I'll try later, but first install El Capitan... i have very problems

i use the tool Clover OS X El Capitan V7 by Chris111, i select Clover legacy 3320,  i create a DSDT from aida64 and complete with MaciASL.... Reboot with USB, first problem, ACPI panic, then i used a DSDT from other user with un Z400(My pc is Z600), BINGO... boot an begin installation. Reboot and init Clover, select the HD 10.11.4, and show the Message

"No kernel cache file"

"Cant find /mach_kernel"   :(

What happened, any user in equal case?, is possible fix or use other tool, or other BootLoader... in other disk i do have OSX 10.09, is posible that error is for second disk present?

When i see the disk content, only show applications, library, system and user folders... is very little cant folders, uhhhhmm

Thanks for your help....

Cant find /mach_kernel  

If you dont have Chameleon Installation Thats Impossible with Clover !

​Clover read the bootefi not the kernel like Chameleon

Edit***Maibe you have using distro like niresh with the two Bootloader

and your mixing a thing

• Like 1

Hi, Yes Chris1111, is true. This USB Boot is create from Mavericks Niresh in other hdd , is the one i can install.

Sorry.

Thanks Rockey12, for the file.... Try to the fly...

One answer, exactly, that thing patched? and this file is used for any version OSX, or dependent?

In your judgment, with my Maverick Z600, what tool offer best results?

Clover_v2.3k_r3513_Special Edition-v2

Universal OS X Installer-V5

Clover OS X El Capitan-V7

or any tool is independent?

Thanks

Hi. I used a pen with 16, only necessary 7.6Gb.

Thanks Rockey12 for your help.

I create the usb installer with Clover DELL Precision 690 v4...     successfully

I delete all kext from 10.11 folder...

copy 

AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979, 

AppleACPIPlatform, 

AppleHDA,  

CodecCommander, 

FakeSMC, 

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979 and

NullCPUPowerManagement

to 10.11 folder.

Reboot from USB, boot Clover, select usb MacUSB  to boot...

Black screen... no error, no messages, nothing load... nothing is nothing...

I try 3 time.. with and without DSDT file... 

Note... the DSDT file copy before installation o after?