HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Rockey12, i don´t know how i can thank you!! :)  :)

OK, further checks done and it seems that iCloud works except Notes and this is because i have IOS 8 in my iPhone so this is not important

iMessage and FaceTime do not log in, no very important, but i will keep trying to repair it.

why 

why do u need this installer

if u have created successfully ur thumb drive u dont need the post installer with  Clover Dell 690

and i am kindly asking u if u can give some more information about installation where u are and which kind of problem u have

i did successfully only with clover dell 690 nothing else

:(  :(  :(

Did not Chris create the HP Z800 post installer for you? All but one of his posts have been removed from this thread.

My friend where the installer is i Don, t no u can ask chris

He made it at your request, and now you tell people it is not needed.

I now have EL Capitan running on my HP Z400. I do need to boot without caches being loaded. I would like not to have to do that each time.

Have any of you been able to get the onboard sound ALC262 working on their HP Z400 running El Capitan installed with Clover? My Soundblaster Audigy card has always worked in OSX including EL Capitan installed with Enoch Chameleon. However it does not work with EL Capitan installed with Clover.

hi together! i'm following this thread now for about one week - trying to install el capitan on a hp z400 with xeon w3680 processor an nvidia quadro 410 graphic card. by now i never reached the installer. tried the following methods:

• Clover DELL Precision 690 with lots of different dsdt's, kexts and config.plist's.
  • From scratch with creating an own USB installer stick with enoch and/or clover (lastest version)
  • With xxxxx from tonyxxxxx (with and without additional Enoch)...

I tried out all possible BIOS Settings (lastest 3.57) and also took a look at the pics from Rockey12...

Until now I never got into the installer on OS X. Sometimes I see the Apple logo, sometimes some +++++++++. Every time is ends up in a reboot... :(

What can I do? Any idea? Currently the is an installation on Windows 10 running...

Check out post #166 from kif.007. Use the 690 to create the USB installer then replace the files from the post I mentioned.

hi together! i'm following this thread now for about one week - trying to install el capitan on a hp z400 with xeon w3680 processor an nvidia quadro 410 graphic card. by now i never reached the installer. tried the following methods:

• Clover DELL Precision 690 with lots of different dsdt's, kexts and config.plist's.
  • From scratch with creating an own USB installer stick with enoch and/or clover (lastest version)
  • With xxxxx from tonyxxxxx (with and without additional Enoch)...
I tried out all possible BIOS Settings (lastest 3.57) and also took a look at the pics from Rockey12...

Until now I never got into the installer on OS X. Sometimes I see the Apple logo, sometimes some +++++++++. Every time is ends up in a reboot... :(

What can I do? Any idea? Currently the is an installation on Windows 10 running...

Hey - thx for the quick reply! :) I already tried the Clover Dell 690 with several config files. but not with one from kif.007. just got them and preparing a new thumb drive...

is there anything else i need to edit? that about the boot options in clover? do i need to edit them in oder to get a screen output to see whats going wrong? i also could post a screenshot...

just copying the files from kif.007 into the efi partition is OK? or do i need to use any tool for it...?

• Like 1

Hey - thx for the quick reply! :) I already tried the Clover Dell 690 with several config files. but not with one from kif.007. just got them and preparing a new thumb drive...

is there anything else i need to edit? that about the boot options in clover? do i need to edit them in oder to get a screen output to see whats going wrong? i also could post a screenshot...

just copying the files from kif.007 into the efi partition is OK? or do i need to use any tool for it...?

Please make a signature of your specs because its very difficult helping no specs??

• Like 1

Check out post #166 from kif.007. Use the 690 to create the USB installer then replace the files from the post I mentioned.

:( same behaviour. apple logo appears for about 5 seconds - reboot...  :(

with option -v -x I only see:  Using Safe Mode -- reboot.   :thumbsdown_anim:

also tried -v -x -nv_disabled=1 -npci=2000 -- same...

If you're using the same config.plist from kif.007, you should be good. Try to uncheck Cstates and Pstates from clover settings and try again. I had to disable that upon boot with my Precision 690 and my Z400.

:( same behaviour. apple logo appears for about 5 seconds - reboot...  :(

with option -v -x I only see:  Using Safe Mode -- reboot.   :thumbsdown_anim:

also tried -v -x -nv_disabled=1 -npci=2000 -- same...

• Like 1

Try this:

attachicon.gifAppleHDA_ALC262_HP_Z800_Z600_Z400_10.9.5.zip

attachicon.gifAppleHDA_ALC262_HP_Z800_Z600_Z400_Yosemite.kext.zip

LayoutID is 28

work probably with Capitan

This is the only thing that worked for me.

remove the nullcpupowermanagement kext from clover folder and install the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext into S/L/E rapire permeation and boot

can u upload the config.plist

As stated in my previous post, I needed both Kexts in order for my system to be stable.

VoodooHDA-v2.8.7.pkg.zip

are you inject nvidia

<key>NVidia</key>

<true/>

boot only -v   
-x not working USB Installer since Yosemite

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>

<dict>

<key>ATI</key>

<false/>

<key>Intel</key>

<false/>

<key>NVidia</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>NvidiaSingle</key>

<false/>

</dict>

If you're using the same config.plist from kif.007, you should be good. Try to uncheck Cstates and Pstates from clover settings and try again. I had to disable that upon boot with my Precision 690 and my Z400.

Same behavior... Also when I start with option -v only, only see plenty of +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ before reboot (after ~5 seconds)

Attached my DSDT.aml extracted with Clover option F4...

DSDT.zip

your patched DSDT.aml 

Can you please attach your Config.plist

i can,t understand how can the people use 10 different type of Ahci Port injector kext for 1 SATA Controller   :rofl:

with the patched dsdt.aml i'll get a black screen only without reboot...

attached the config.plist i'm using.... in the meanwhile i'll try other pen drive installer... 

config.plist.zip