Guide Clover Dell Precision 690 Workstation

chris1111

373 posts in this topic

Ok Thank u so much Chris i will upload all the needed Files

When go home. I have 2 kext in SLE Applehda and CodecCommander.kext all the other kext are in 10.11 folder and patched dsdt

• Like 1

EFI as required

Here your Post Installer HP Z800

Clover r3354 :)

Test to a Fresh Installation and let me know

115.png

210.png

I am integrate Clover Prefpanel

311.png

On bonus your SystemLogo :thumbsup_anim::D

--10.png

• Like 10

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:  Thank u Chris amazing u are really the best u did the great job i cannot say if it work or not  but as a person u ar really Great 

i will give it a go and report back :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

post-555472-0-27350300-1456960208_thumb.png

• Like 1

Thank u Chris amazing u are really the best u did the great job i cannot say if it work or not  but as a person u ar really Great 

Thank you  :D  :lol:

Its work because I test the boot on My two PC and Laptop  B)

• Like 1

thank you for your attention thank you for hard work thank for your great installer

tested successfully work Great

post-555472-0-54191300-1457032219_thumb.png

• Like 1

thank you for your attention thank you for hard work thank for your great installer

tested successfully work Great

Great Thanks

Hey chris, I've just acquired my other heatsink, i'm using this p690 now to write this and I just wanted to know if you could give me an idea on how to install the fan in the back in order to keep it cooler because there doesn't seem to any 4 pin connector no anymore molex cables with the psu.  And also, i keep getting the random freezes with the mouse and keyboard.. Any idea?  Do you have speedstep enabled in bios? 

Hey chris, I've just acquired my other heatsink, i'm using this p690 now to write this and I just wanted to know if you could give me an idea on how to install the fan in the back in order to keep it cooler because there doesn't seem to any 4 pin connector no anymore molex cables with the psu.  And also, i keep getting the random freezes with the mouse and keyboard.. Any idea?  Do you have speedstep enabled in bios? 

Yes Speed Step Enable

For the fan you need a adapter 4 pin to 3 pin fan 

Check you are suppose to have spare connector inside the PC

OK I'll look some more again when I get home. Stepped out to run some errands. I just purchased another precision 690 today and another pair of dual xeon x5355 from the same seller for the same price $69. This one came with 4x hard drives. 1 500gb and 3x 80gb. The gpu is an old ati 2400 pro card. I've yet to test it though. #Winning ..

OK I'll look some more again when I get home. Stepped out to run some errands. I just purchased another precision 690 today and another pair of dual xeon x5355 from the same seller for the same price $69. This one came with 4x hard drives. 1 500gb and 3x 80gb. The gpu is an old ati 2400 pro card. I've yet to test it though. #Winning ..

Used a SSD and you are profite  Maximum of OS X  :D

• Like 1

You're absolutely right chris.  I'm afraid the usb issue keeps happening even on the new P690.  I'm going to try and reinstall and see what happens.  

No USB issue Precision 690 Worksattion

I believe it chris, i don't know maybe something must've gone wrong while installing. I'm making another usb installer now with your amazing tool Precision 690 installer. This time around i'm installing Yosemite. I'll keep you posted on the journey..

Just finished yosemite installation on the second P690 and so far no usb freeze issue. I'm going to make another usb installer for El Capitan now and see how that goes.  I noticed that i must uncheck the C n P states under clover cpu options still otherwise it won't boot. 

Edited by Blaggah

EFI as required

Hi, Rocket12,

Thanks for your work. I have a HP Z800 too and I am able to install the system with the installer in this thread. I need to

1) delete AppleHPET.kext from SLE

2) add AHCIPortinjector.kext to SLE

3) use boot argument -v -rootless pcirootuid=0 nv_disable=1

However, I can't boot into the installed system. I have SSD installed and 980TI. I am stuck at

usbmsc identifier (non-unique)

Any idea why?

The boot argument that I have tried are

-v -rootless pcirootuid=0 [no working even for installer]

-v -rootless pcirootuid=0 nv_disable=1 [this one makes me get to the installer]

-v -rootless pcirootuid=0 nv_disable=1 usbbusfix=1

-v -rootless pcirootuid=0 nv_disable=1 usbbusfix=1 -f

-v -rootless pcirootuid=0 nv_disable=1 usbbusfix=1 -f kext-dev-mode=1

Thanks!

According to my HW monitor, it's looking good.

strange thing chris1111, the El Capitan partition still hangs up i have no clue why. The Yosemite is rocking without issue as far as I've been testing it. I just can't get a grip on why El Capitan still has the freezing on mouse and keyboard.

post-1199206-0-93823300-1457832274_thumb.png

According to my HW monitor, it's looking good.

strange thing chris1111, the El Capitan partition still hangs up i have no clue why. The Yosemite is rocking without issue as far as I've been testing it. I just can't get a grip on why El Capitan still has the freezing on mouse and keyboard.

No need to used EFI  / Clover  for El Capitan, just used the same EFI for both OS X

just put the kexts in the right Folder on Clover