HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Hello again,

I just finished the Z400 installation 

Same method:

Install Yosemite with an installer, i my case Tonymac installer with LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext load with kexwizard.

Install Chameleon with chameleon wizard, I mounted in the Z600 only Yosemite and in the Z400 Yosemite and Windows7, so select installation method Boot0 in Z600 and Boot0hfs in Z400 

Configure org.chameleon.Boot.plist  with ChameleonWizard  with this items checked:

Gui

Legacy Logo

Use Kernel Cache

Ethernet Built

Restart Fix

Private Cata

Generate P-State

Generate C-State

HDA Enabler

HDEF LauoutID 01000

kext-dev-mode=1

​Instal five kext shown in first post of  Chatdeau with kexwizard

AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979

FakeSMC_v6.16.1372_netkas

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979

NullCPUPowerManagement_v1.0.0d2_tgwbd

VoodooHDA_v2.87

Delete AppleHPET.kext of System/Library/Extensions to activate USB ports

I use two Graphic Cards GT640 (GraphicEnabler=No) GT210 (GraphicEnabler=Yes) in Chameleonwizard

In Z600 i use a SSD disk so i activate Trim with the terminal instruction easy to find 

Both systems seem to run perfect

Can I change anything to get more clean installations?

I've been trying to get the clover bootloader to work on my z400 with a Intel Xeon W3540 and EVA GTX980 runng yosemite.  It runs beautifully with Chimera, but no iMessage is driving me insane.  After I load the clover boot loader and select my OSX install, it just goes to a black screen.  I've tried every nvidia argument and still no dice.  I tried doing a new install and I get a kernel panic like the one in the screen shot that was posted earlier.  Any help would be great.

The GTX980 only works with Nvidia WebDriver. Do the installation with smaller graphics card (GT210 or other). After WebDriver and GTX980.

To better Clover, then also working iMessage, no problem.
not Tony Tools !!!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello I am new to the forum and hackitosh world. I have an HP Z400 Intel ® Xeon ® CPU @ 3.07GHz W3550 and NVIDIA Quadro 2000 rev. BIOS installed 03.57

I've been very frustrated days and proving proving several distributions always getting the same error. Sure it's my inexperience. I have 2 computers with Mac Yosemite at home so I can create bootable usb without problem. With the evidence; I have made the installation of yosemite usb no problem .. but I have the first problem in the No.4 step. with that statement does not make any achievement validates location.

In step No. 3 manually created the S / L / Extensions folder (since it did not appear in the newly installed yosemite usb) I copy inside:

ACHIPortInyector .... IOACHIBLOCKSTORAGE .... FAKESMC ... NULL POWER.

In step nº5 try to create the folder but it says I do not have permits.

I have a number of doubts in chameleon wizard .. .. USB boot.

I active the following:

GUI

LEGACY LOGO

USE KERNEL CACHE

BUILT IN ETHERNEL

FIX RESTART

PRIVATE DATA

GENERATE P-STATES

GENERATE C-STATES

HDA ENABLER

HDEF ID 01000

GRAFICS ENABLER

kext-dev-mode = 1

I have doubts DSDT.aml? and SMBios.plist

I downloaded the file dsdt-27.aml dsl and the corresponding zip file. where I place?

My question is where I get the SMBios ??

I have to turn in

someone can tell me I'm wrong? I succeed load or window installation

Sorry advance doubts and my level of English as a translator and not use it for errors. THANKS

hello I've managed to install HP z400 yosemite 10.10.5 with nvidia quadro 2000.

once the main installation had to start with the following flags.
PCIRootUID = 0
GraphicsEnabler = Yes
Nv_disable = 1
I could make the next phase of the installation running more or less all right. bluetooth included .. but I have a little problem with the nvidia. If I reboot without any flag does not work .. I only get started with: nv_disable .. and the system to boot and it works fine .. but NVIDIA has a very slow refresh .. anyone knows what can happen? I show my content boot.plist
<Key> EthernetBuiltIn </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> GenerateCStates </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> GeneratePStates </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> Graphics Mode </ key>
<String> 1920x1200x32 </ string>
<Key> GraphicsEnabler </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> HDAEnabler </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> IGPEnabler </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> Kernel Flags </ key>
<String> kext-dev-mode = 1 </ string>
<Key> Legacy Logo </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> Theme </ key>
<String> Choose_Your_OS </ string>
<Key> Timeout </ key>
<String> 5 </ string>
<Key> UseKernelCache </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
also comment that use 2 screens hp zr2440 which support the 1920x1200 resolution and only one of them works as a resolution 1600x1200.
Thanks in advance.

hello I've managed to install HP z400 yosemite 10.10.5 with nvidia quadro 2000.

once the main installation had to start with the following flags.
PCIRootUID = 0
GraphicsEnabler = Yes
Nv_disable = 1
I could make the next phase of the installation running more or less all right. bluetooth included .. but I have a little problem with the nvidia. If I reboot without any flag does not work .. I only get started with: nv_disable .. and the system to boot and it works fine .. but NVIDIA has a very slow refresh .. anyone knows what can happen? I show my content boot.plist
<Key> EthernetBuiltIn </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> GenerateCStates </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> GeneratePStates </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> Graphics Mode </ key>
<String> 1920x1200x32 </ string>
<Key> GraphicsEnabler </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> HDAEnabler </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> IGPEnabler </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> Kernel Flags </ key>
<String> kext-dev-mode = 1 </ string>
<Key> Legacy Logo </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
<Key> Theme </ key>
<String> Choose_Your_OS </ string>
<Key> Timeout </ key>
<String> 5 </ string>
<Key> UseKernelCache </ key>
<String> YES </ string>
also comment that use 2 screens hp zr2440 which support the 1920x1200 resolution and only one of them works as a resolution 1600x1200.
Thanks in advance.

This is not a Chameleon key

<Key> IGPEnabler </ key>
<String> YES </ string>

I have or "had" rather a complete install of osx Yosemite 10.9.5. on a HP Z800. I say "had" because for some reason I'm getting the black screen with mouse cursor unless I use the "nv_disable=1" flag. in which then I pretty much have no graphics acceleration. I installed pretty much using the basic method (base system dmg then copy the package files and install Enoch bootloader) with only using "kext-dev-mode=1 and UseKernelCache=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes". also deleted "AppleHPET.KEXT". everything went fine first boot, had full resolution and everything work OOB except for the audio in which I just installed voodoohda. bam sound working. I reboot because I installed a program that required and now no more desktop. I also forgot to add I also used the 4 kext listed in this thread to get the installer to see my hard drives using SATA instead of SAS. I used SAS once also for an install and I just rolled back to the Fusion kext from 10.9.1. I have no idea what made it stop working. I have a complete dsdt compiled with no warnings or errors, I have the ssdt, and also using the mac pro 4,1 smbios. dsdt compiles without any errors. ill attach the dsdt I'm using in case it may be useful. And if necessary I can give info on the DSDT edits. I used no patches at all.

SPECS:

2X Xeon e5520 (8 physical cores 16 logical)

8 gigs FB ECC ram

2nd revision motherboard with 3.57 bios

4 hard drives via SATA no RAID with their own OS (using OSX hard drive as bootloader)

Dlink DWA-556 extreme wifi card

NVidia Quadro fx1800 graphics card with LG ultrawide LCD as monitor (29um57)

• 4 weeks later...

I have or "had" rather a complete install of osx Yosemite 10.9.5. on a HP Z800. I say "had" because for some reason I'm getting the black screen with mouse cursor unless I use the "nv_disable=1" flag. in which then I pretty much have no graphics acceleration. I installed pretty much using the basic method (base system dmg then copy the package files and install Enoch bootloader) with only using "kext-dev-mode=1 and UseKernelCache=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes". also deleted "AppleHPET.KEXT". everything went fine first boot, had full resolution and everything work OOB except for the audio in which I just installed voodoohda. bam sound working. I reboot because I installed a program that required and now no more desktop. I also forgot to add I also used the 4 kext listed in this thread to get the installer to see my hard drives using SATA instead of SAS. I used SAS once also for an install and I just rolled back to the Fusion kext from 10.9.1. I have no idea what made it stop working. I have a complete dsdt compiled with no warnings or errors, I have the ssdt, and also using the mac pro 4,1 smbios. dsdt compiles without any errors. ill attach the dsdt I'm using in case it may be useful. And if necessary I can give info on the DSDT edits. I used no patches at all.

SPECS:

8 gigs FB ECC ram

4 hard drives via SATA no RAID with their own OS (using OSX hard drive as bootloader)

That black screen with the cursor is usually a result of the loginwindow.plist file having an issue. go into the /library/preferences and remove the com.apple.loginwindow.plist file and restart. that will allow it to rebuild and should fix the issue. this is an issue I have seen on a real mac before and this fixes it nearly every time. 

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

SPECS:

8 gigs FB ECC ram

Hi have install yosemite in your z800

I have similar specs:

2x xeon 5660

48gb ram

Nvidia Titan

and works perfect in 10.8.5 and 10.9.1 and i would like to go to yosemite

can you help me

• 1 month later...

Just for your info, I also got a Z420 and got everything (except CPU Power Management, as I'm having a Xeon E5 1620) working on El Capitan :)

I have W3565. PM working on my configuration but i never menage to install El Capitan. I have always Kernel  Panic. (sorry for my bad English)

When extra kext you have install in S/L/E or in bootloader folder? 

In bootloader folder.

Once after boot with -x and clear kernel cache and reboot all was fine and without any freeze until i reboot:

Ethernet ok

Lsi Sas ok

This happens only once