AppleHDA for El Capitan discussion

Austere.J

347 posts in this topic

Sorry, my mistake. Handoff won't work with Atheros Wifi. The function you mentioned (send/receive messages and make/receive calls) is called Continuity, and it does not require Bluetooth. See here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299985-airdropcontinuityhands-off-fix-how-to/

Make sure you have iMessage/Facetime working. Mine worked well so far, but my iPhone is using ios 9

Sorry, my mistake. Handoff won't work with Atheros Wifi. The function you mentioned (send/receive messages and make/receive calls) is called Continuity, and it does not require Bluetooth. See here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299985-airdropcontinuityhands-off-fix-how-to/

Make sure you have iMessage/Facetime working. Mine worked well so far, but my iPhone is using ios 9

I see. I don't have continuity working though. I try to make calls from Facetime (on the Mac) and the popup appears but it hangs and eventually says the call failed.

If I try to activate Text Message Forwarding on the iPhone, theOS X will launch the Message app, but no code will appear.

When I receive calls/texts nothing comes to the computer.

I've got all settings turned on, but still no go =\

(Will the HDA patch , on the fly, work, for example with Yosemite? Or do I have to re-run your patch in each OS X version to get the patches and put them in config.plist?)

I see. I don't have continuity working though. I try to make calls from Facetime (on the Mac) and the popup appears but it hangs and eventually says the call failed.

If I try to activate Text Message Forwarding on the iPhone, theOS X will launch the Message app, but no code will appear.

When I receive calls/texts nothing comes to the computer.

I've got all settings turned on, but still no go =\

(Will the HDA patch , on the fly, work, for example with Yosemite? Or do I have to re-run your patch in each OS X version to get the patches and put them in config.plist?)

You should turn on/off continuity some times, and wait, it does not always work.

I think you can use El Capitan AppleHDA patch in Yosemite.

3 codec range comparison(s) to patch

Patching range comparison 10ec0884
Patching range comparison 10ec0885
Patching range comparison 11d41983
Unexpected codec range match count: 4 (6 expected)
Aborting with AppleHDA NOT patched

Default target codec: 10ec0282 detected.
Patching AppleHDA codec 11d41984 with 10ec0282
2 codec range comparison(s) to patch
Patching range comparison 10ec0884
Patching range comparison 10ec0885
Unexpected codec range match count: 2 (4 expected)
Aborting with AppleHDA NOT patched

0x10EC0884 no longer exists in 10.11's AppleHDA binary.

I updated toleda's audioRealtekALC script with OS X El Capitan supported.

UNOFFICIAL_audio_realtekALC-100_v1.0.5.command.zip

Make sure that you boot OS X 10.11 with rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1

0x11d41983 will be disabled by default (in OS X 10.11)

Note that Intel HD Graphics 4600 HDMI Audio in 10.11 is not supported by this script.

I don't have HD4600 now so I cannot test whether the previous patch is still working.

• Like 1

ALC283 is working well on 10.11 using the old patching method (Platform, layout and pinconfig replacement inside AppleHDA.kext, and clover injection)

Does anyone has any success with HDMI audio out with intel HD4600/HD5000 ... mine is still not working 

Worked once ... but only once ... I don't see why !!!

Don't forget to rebuild caches :

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

AppleHDA.kext.zip

ALC283 is working well on 10.11 using the old patching method (Platform, layout and pinconfig replacement inside AppleHDA.kext, and clover injection)

Does anyone has any success with HDMI audio out with intel HD4600/HD5000 ... mine is still not working 

My installation with an error that prevented me to rebuild caches. but I'll wait for DP2, I'm out of time and patience for a new installation.

I used older patched dummyhda for yosemite and clover applehda patch to get hdmi and general sound. Do you try DSDT AppleHda and HDMI patches  or do you try to rebuild caches again?