OS X El Capitan Test Thread

456 posts in this topic

I have clover but Lapic kernel not work with clover i tried with cache /without Cache and

Guys i have USB 3.0 issue its not working help me i use genericUSB 

Mostly working here.

Created 10GB partition, and Manually created install drive via InstallESD.dmg

Use same EFI folder from my Yosemite Installer Partition (yeah I use HDD portions for all my installs)

Copied FakeSMC and Network kexts to new folder named 10.11 and also the "other" folder  in kext folder of EFI>Clover>Kexts

Turned off USB3 in BIOS (NECESSARY TO ELIMINATE IOUSBHostFamily.kext Kernel Panic at startup)

Booted with Clover (legacy) 3119, with flags -v darkwake=8 (unneeded) kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

Installed and working minus USB3 

basically it was very simple once I turned off my USB3

Pokenguyen what you can say about 8-series chipset. Mine is HM87 and usb ports not working well, camera not recognised, but other controllers or flash drives have been recognised.

If only camera is not recognized, it's normal because Apple says that many USB devices won't work in this DP.

If you have still waiting for root device while booting from usb, you have usb problems. Try on usb 2.0 ports. GenericUSBXHCI won't work on this DP.

For users with 7-series Intel USB 3.0 and Mieze's USB 3.0 DSDT patch, usb 3.0 won't work either. You can undo the DSDT patch and use Clover USB 3.0 kext patches (search for it, or you can create a config.plist with that patch from Hackintosh Vietnam Tool). In my laptop, usb 3.0 works after removing Mieze's USB 3.0 patch, add Clover kext patches, restart and it works. Note that when I install Bluetooth kexts (Broadcom) or plugging to usb 3.0 ports on boot, system will stuck at middle. Booting without devices in usb 3.0 and bluetooth kext is ok, and usb 3.0 ports work after going to desktop.

I'm using usb 3.0 flash drive that plug in usb 2.0 port,is that OK?

Mostly working here.

Created 10GB partition, and Manually created install drive via InstallESD.dmg

While creating install USB, do we still have this step in EI Capitan 'Copy mach_kernel from “OS X Install ESD” to the root of your USB drive'?

I did some small tests;

-MacBook Pro '15 2011 i7 2GhZ, 500GB HD 4GB Ram

Mavericks / El Capitan

HD, used GB: 14 / 12

Ram, used GB: 2,39 / 1,84 + 1,12 = 2,96

CPU, freq Ghz (not used system): 2.07, 1.97, 1.57, 2.36... low 0.80, 1,04 ... / 2.8, 12.07, 25.19, 12.10, 17...low 1.10, 0.80 ...

Temp: 56 / 61

GeekBench Test 64bit: single 2466 multi 9062 / single 2425 multi 9035

GeechBench Freq Max Ghz: 2.6 / 2.6

GeechBench Temp Max: 95 / 94

Boot Time second: 30,51 / 36,70

Shutdown Time second: 6 / 7,65

I did a reliably test during operations, I always turned off computer and to cool the system between each operation, the test speaks only of numbers, I'm also using El Capitan on a Haswell H87.

I found high scores of GeekBench, but this will be due to the increased RAM and SSD.

For now I think that El Capitan is a small update to Yosemite, no great difference in performance but Apple has completely forgotten professional use where Mavericks remains the most reliable solution. For people like me who uses a laptop DJ / live music Snow Leopard remains a dream.

• Like 2

While creating install USB, do we still have this step in EI Capitan 'Copy mach_kernel from “OS X Install ESD” to the root of your USB drive'?

Short anser = NO

Long Answer* (and I'm not sure if this is necessary for clover to boot) = I used a program called "Pacifist" to Extract the folder "/System/Library/Kernels" (from /System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg of my install partition)  to my desktop (drag and drop) and then put the resulting folder (named "Kernels") into my Installer Partition in /System/Library 

*I did this mainly because Chameleon 2.3 2700 kept saying it couldn't find the kernel, this solution worked. It would then begin to boot only for me to reach the USB kernel panic. Then, today I disabled USB3 in my bios and booted via clover. Thus, I haven'e tried to boot with Chameleon since I disabled USB3. EDIT: Tried Chameleon, didn't boot. Got half way through loading the kexts and then blank screen, about 30 seconds later system rebooted.

I got some of my info here: http://www.firewolf.science/2015/06/installation-notes-install-os-x-el-capitan-10-11-on-hackintosh/

Photos are named by step # 

Edit: Step 2, 1, 3, 4 5 is correct

post-1378279-0-97706700-1434012525_thumb.png

post-1378279-0-55346300-1434012529_thumb.png

post-1378279-0-29493100-1434012534_thumb.png

post-1378279-0-80856300-1434012539_thumb.png

post-1378279-0-09986800-1434012544_thumb.png

Short anser = NO

Thanks you very much for detialed answer :) copying this last kernels thing to USB, then Cover, not sure if I need to install Clover to USB as already have Yosemite + Clover setup up and running.

I installed El Capitan from within a cloned Yosemite (just launched the installer). However, I took some preparations:

- Made a clone with SD of my SSD with Yosemite to an empty partition on a different hard disk;

- Made two new kext folders for Clover: other and 10.11;

- Put the newest FakeSMC and existing/already working network kext and VoodooHDA (for VIA VT2021) in those folders;

- Added boot flag rootless=0

The installer ran without problems! After restart (firstly OS X unpacks the installer files) I chose OS X installer from the Clover boot menu. If you don't do this, Clover will just start your currently used and working Yosemite (or whatever options you normally choose in the loader GUI) installation.

After installation the mail app got an update and Disk Utility looks very different. Other than that El Capitan looks (!) like Yosemite. I can't compare boot times as I'm running Yosemite from a SSD and El Capitan from a regular HD. Geekbench3 confirmed that performance is on par with Yosemite.

What's the catch?

- USB patches in Clover for Etron USB3.0 not working. This was to be expected;

- Wacom tablet drivers not working;

- iMessage not logging in. I'm using the exact same config and smbios as in Yosemite where I can happily iMessage. Anyone else experiencing problems here? FaceTime is working however!

Though not all USB3.0 ports are working, two of them are (the ones not on the Etron chip). Also my built in USB3.0 card reader is working. Thus I have 3 working USB3.0 ports now.

I read that you must turn graphic injection of in Clover for El Capitan to install/run (correct me if I'm wrong). I can confirm that I have a fully working HD 5450 with graphic injection. I patch the VBios for native 1920x1200 at boot, have the graphics set in my DSDT and run a custom EDID to get my monitor recognised as LED Cinema display. Everything works as in Yosemite, including the Eulemur frame buffer breaking sleep. I can live with that!.

Last but not least, let me say that Clover is, again and also for El Capitan, a truly remarkable tool! Works better that anything I tried! 

• Like 1

Backup the org files first.

replace /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

delete /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

delete /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

re-build kernelcache before reboot. B)

well thanks man, now it boots and hangs at "still waiting for root device "with prohibition sign. i am on clover 3215.

Please advise, feel i have got closer, but i have only usb2, so now what...

• Like 1

well thanks man, now it boots and hangs at "still waiting for root device "with prohibition sign. i am on clover 3215.

Please advise, feel i have got closer, but i have only usb2, so now what...

Do you use lapic kernel?

If you use USB installer, that should be USB kext problem.

post-302602-0-71812900-1434030135_thumb.png

Successfully installed on Ivy Bridge platform 2 days ago

Used FakeSMC 6.xx

Latest Clover

Same config.plist used with Yosemite

No graphics injection needed for my R9 280x

Did nothing special, installed the same way as Yosemite

Installed Clover on USB stick, copied FakeSMC (created 10.11 folder), config.plist and dsdt.aml from my Yosemite installation

I used patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext for USB3 and AppleIntelE1000e.kext for network

Restored 10.11 dmg

And started installation

I'm using Clover hacks for non apple SSDs and orange icons

if you gonna use rootless=0 you also need to use kext-dev-mode=1 or there is no reason to even have rootless=0, rootless=0 just disables the integrity check on /System and changes the permissions back to root, if you need that flag you also need kext-dev-mode=1 so whatever kext you are patching will load.

Actually, kext-dev-mode is removed in El Cap. Setting it has zero effect.

See: https://www.cindori.org/forums/topic/trim-enabler-with-os-x-el-capitan/#post-37000

Unsigned/patched kexts now load without any boot args at all. You just need rootless for 1 reboot in order to modify them.

• Like 2

10.11 ivy.png

Successfully installed on Ivy Bridge platform 2 days ago

Used FakeSMC 6.xx

Latest Clover

Same config.plist used with Yosemite

No graphics injection needed for my R9 280x

Did nothing special, installed the same way as Yosemite

Installed Clover on USB stick, copied FakeSMC (created 10.11 folder), config.plist and dsdt.aml from my Yosemite installation

I used patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext for USB3 and AppleIntelE1000e.kext for network

Restored 10.11 dmg

And started installation

I'm using Clover hacks for non apple SSDs and orange icons

I'd love to know your motherboard type and brand. My Intel USB ports work without problems OOB, but patching doesn't seem to fully work for the Etron ports. I'm patching AppleUSBXHCIPCI as patching of AppleUSBXHCI didn't seem to work. Ports get recognized, USB drives are detected (prove from system info and iojones) but drives won't mount.

Any X99 and Haswell-E support in this version?

@ RobinQu and Poople

For me, see signature block, I installed from Yosemite onto a spare partition and am booting with the same Clover EFI for both Yosemite and El Capitan. To get round the need for nv_disable=1 argument to avoid ending up with a black screen, I pulled the hdmi cable and am using display port only. With my Dell U3415W monitor, the screen goes black at the end of the boot sequence and I get an "entering power save" message, but if I switch the screen off then on again, OSX is displaying properly.    Valley score 1401.

valley.tiff

Tried it on my Asus ZenBook UX32VD and it works exactly like Yosemite. The only difference was the creating of the USB media where simply using the normal OS X USB creator that is built into the installer app is not enough. I needed to create the USB by mounting BaseSystem.dmg and such. There are guides out there.

USB 2.0 and 3.0 works just fine with my patched DSDT (this is a 7-series Ivy). I do not use GenericUSBXHCI in any way. I just wanted to see if the new kext stuff had solved a serious graphical glitch that the UX3(1/2) seems to have where the screen glitches like crazy after boot until the screen is turned off and on again. Unfortunately it is still not fixed, and will probably never be fixed either. 

Seems like a nice upgrade, the multitask full-screen thing was quite nice on a laptop, but I'll erase the El Capital partition for now until it has become far more stable than what it currently is.  

Guys help me with Lapic kernel i have try with crazybirdy  kernel but not works for me  i have to boot with cpus=1 only 

Also i am not able to boot without cpus=1,My method of installation is Clover and one  more thing using Chameleon/Enoch i am not able to boot the installer in fact i got instant reboot and Debug kernel error something which i am not able to not 

Hey guys!

No matter if I use the built-in disk-creator or DiskMaker X, I am always stuck at this point:

Wafjaj8m.jpg

After ~10 minutes it goes into screensaver, afterwards the mouse does not work anymore.

(I removed my GTX 680, so I am using the internal GPU currently)

Also, my boot args are: 

rootless=0 kext-dev-mode=1

and I use Ozmosis to boot the system.

Any suggestions?

People what's happen with MBR patch. I can't believe that nobody knows how to patch these two files  (OSInstaller and OSInstall.mpkg) ??? Please tutorial, I want badly this new osx :D

i managed to install on mbr by simply getting the error, let it reboot and trying again without caches. maybe it was a bug, but worth the try.

post-564601-0-56890700-1434114271_thumb.png