OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

On the upside, I finished updating my Z68 and no longer have to disable the ASM1042 controller in the BIOS in order to boot.

While it still doesn't work, at least it doesn't cause a boot KP anymore.

@JBX: They download to /Library/Updates

• Like 2

I need original AHCIPortInjector.kext from S/L/E because I replaced with AHCIPortInjector.kext from EFI and get kp

Does not exist an original AHCIPortInjector.kext in SLE!

Known Issue in Public Beta 1

Some 32-bit apps may quit unexpectedly. Affected apps includes Scrivener, MacSOUP, Torch, Cisco Jabber, iBiz and others. An OS X Software Update that resolves this issue will be available soon.

• Like 2

For those that have installed the public beta.  Was it as simple as a straight install from the downloaded app.  Or did it require a clover USB install and time machine restore?  Curious...I have it downloaded.

just download and install. if you are using clover of course.

is the public beta the same as DP3 and/or will it be updated as often? any benefit to switch?

the public beta is virtually identical to DP3... if things are like they were for Yosemite, the public beta should be updated once a month

the developers' betas should likely continue to be released every two weeks until fall

like for Yosemite, there was no benefit to switch.

• Like 1

just download and install. if you are using clover of course.

Thanks for the tip Mendletinha, was in fact running on clover so the whole process was relatively smooth.  A few KPs during the install process, but were resolved with a simple reboots.  One note that I wanted to mention was the reapplication of the audio fix for my ALC1150.  Used Toleda's script on Yosemite without issue and that worked in ElCap as well, but had to create an extra folder on my root with a edited dummy chameleon plist file.  The script wanted to see a rootless=0 flag in that specific file to run properly even though my clover plist had the flag set.  Took a couple of tries to figure that one out :) .  Once I put in the rootless in both plists the script ran and audio is back on board.  

A second item that I need to work on is the implementation of my USB 3.0 ports.  Can use one of them, but that then renders the remaining ports inactive.  Read that those were hit or miss after install.  Holds true for me.  The 2.0 ports work just fine.  

My system specs are below for those curious:

Z97X-UD5H (F8) (Clover 3241)

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0Ghz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4095MB 32 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 Ram

512GB Samsung EVO 540 SSD

Yosemite 10.10.4 --> El Cap 10.11 Beta (15A215h) 

CPU Cooled via Corsair h100i

• Like 2

Was still getting the boot KP on the laptop with the Public Beta.

Stumped for why it suddenly broke when it had been working fine, I decided to try and change the model via Clover's boot menu. Switching from MBP9,1 to MBP10,1 seems to have fixed it.

I reverted back to Yosemite after failing with DP3 but I was just able to boot the PB installer without a panic.

Interestingly, MBP9,2 also works. Somehow, 9,1 got broke I guess.

hey guys. 

​can't install neither dp or public beta. I am using clover usb method to install.

Both get  stuck at "missing bluetooth controller  transport".

Any suggestions, Yosemite works fine, have tried various boot arguments but no go.

specs in signature.

thanks in advance.