Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

I am just trying this out now and i've found that it doesnt recognise HFS+ volumes? The drives are listed as (NONE) UNLABELED - FS: None Partition: 0xAF (Apple HFS/HFS+, ShagOS swap)

Is it still ok if i do a whole disk backup? Will it restore without issues or am i missing something? :blink:

I am just trying this out now and i've found that it doesnt recognise HFS+ volumes? The drives are listed as (NONE) UNLABELED - FS: None Partition: 0xAF (Apple HFS/HFS+, ShagOS swap)

Is it still ok if i do a whole disk backup? Will it restore without issues or am i missing something? :blink:

• Like 1

The most annoying one is that even after you install and enable the web driver, it keeps saying it is using the OS X Default. If you click on the "web Driver" it just switches the checkmark without a password or reboot.

I see this as well. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned it has to do with incorrect settings in config.plist 

Hmm. Soonish I'll update the driver, then heed over and go or 10.10.4... Let's see what happens on this Mini :D Also, sometime in near future (when I "manage" to shut down for night, I'll try and change the thermal paste on both CPU and MCP, wish me luck)

First part went well, updated to 14D136, then webdriver to 346.01.02f02, now lets see what happens after upfating to 14E7f...

Second part went well too! I did edit NVDAStartup.kext prior to OS update though :)

Do I want NVidia set to True or False in the Graphics Injection. 

I'm trying to just go through the steps to try to figure out this HDMI audio thing. 

My boot flags are:

dart=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 -f 

Is there any other info I can provide that someone might be able to help me through this? 

Thank you guys so much for all of your continual support and updates! 

This forum is awesome!

Has anyone else been experiencing a crashing installer/ preference pane with the new drivers and Yosemite?

Always seems to crash at the registering components stage, hangs system and requires hard reboot. The drivers seem to partially install, the preference pane will not load though.

Using MacPro 3,1 system definition at the moment.

To the pour souls that are under 10.10.3 and the nvidia drv post: not compatible

This if how I fixed:

a) uninstall the nvidia drv

b ) restart (I used a 9800 to boot again to desktop)

c) install a previous driver version. I used: Nvidia Web Driver - 346.01.02f01

d) restart, again you will get the not compatible but let it update itself with the 02f02. Now restart and bam! profit. 960 working again. 

With latest Nvidia Web driver i get often Channel Timeouts (shown in console, NVidia GT 440) , system freezes in that case or only mouse can be moved for a while without any other interaction with the system.

23.04.15 12:37:47,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(DMA): Channel timeout!

23.04.15 12:37:47,000 kernel[0]: NVDA: Version Info: [com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb, 10.0.3, 0x746c6943485b52176d5f58, 19437306, 346.01.02f02, 1]

With Apple drivers i get (sometimes) Channel exception!, which didnt freeze the system.
23.04.15 21:29:40,000 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x20 DMA Engine Error (PBDMA Error)
23.04.15 21:29:40,000 kernel[0]: NVDA: Version Info: [com.apple.GeForce, 10.0.2, 0x746c6943485b52795b4a534e5b54, 19375532, 310.41.25f01, 1]

Question:

independently of nvidia software , it is to be assigned possible to the graphics card more vram ?

at the intel HD 3000/ 4000 this works very well, or gives it as with Windows Nvidia Driver the possibility the buffer to change?

My Gtx-760 is now Nvidia Chip Model 128MB according to About My Mac, obviously I can't use Nvidia Driver Manager as it thinks card is unsupported. When I force Nvidia drivers in Clover nvda_drv=1 it shows up as it should but fans start spinning like crazy after a minute or so. I was messing with MLB.... before card was recognised correctly by OS X. Not sure what happened, card works very good though and pass benchmarks same as before. ?

My Gtx-760 is now Nvidia Chip Model 128MB according to About My Mac, obviously I can't use Nvidia Driver Manager as it thinks card is unsupported. When I force Nvidia drivers in Clover nvda_drv=1 it shows up as it should but fans start spinning like crazy after a minute or so. I was messing with MLB.... before card was recognised correctly by OS X. Not sure what happened, card works very good though and pass benchmarks same as before. ?

Use modified webdrivers installer to bypass SMBios check and install the latest ones available. Our friend cecekpawon has just made a very good script that do this in no time. See post #381 !

Also, make sure that NVDAStartup.kext matches your OS X build number and that it is properly loaded.

Hi

could any one point me to the nvidia drivers for yosemite 10.10.4 (14E11f) please??

My GPU is GTX 780 ti

Many thanks!

There's none yet. You have to manually edit NVDAStartup.kext to modify this value :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>

<string>14D136</string>

by

<string>14E11f</string>

Don't restart because you might be stuck with an incompatible drivers error if you didn't actually update to 10.10.4 :P.

Use modified webdrivers installer to bypass SMBios check and install the latest ones available. Our friend cecekpawon has just made a very good script that do this in no time. See post #381 !

Also, make sure that NVDAStartup.kext matches your OS X build number and that it is properly loaded.

Hey,

I just got the latest NVIDIA Web Drivers installed on Yosemite 10.10.3 for my MSI GTX 970. However, Yosemite still won't boot properly unless I use the bootflag nv_disable=1. Even with the nvda_drv=1 bootflag enabled, the loading bar beneath the apple logo during boot-up loads about half-way and then freezes. Would editing NVDASTartup.kext fix this?

There's none yet. You have to manually edit NVDAStartup.kext to modify this value :

<string>14D136</string>

by

<string>14E11f</string>

Don't restart because you might be stuck with an incompatible drivers error if you didn't actually update to 10.10.4 :P.

With this trick I able to select the nvidia web drivers from control panel, but the system always use a native drivers.....

Hey,

I just got the latest NVIDIA Web Drivers installed on Yosemite 10.10.3 for my MSI GTX 970. However, Yosemite still won't boot properly unless I use the bootflag nv_disable=1. Even with the nvda_drv=1 bootflag enabled, the loading bar beneath the apple logo during boot-up loads about half-way and then freezes. Would editing NVDASTartup.kext fix this?

Could be. Actually, if your OS build number matches the one from NVDAStartup.kext, it won't change anything. Your problem would be elsewhere...

With this trick I able to select the nvidia web drivers from control panel, but the system always use a native drivers.....

Weird. Check with sudo dmesg or during verbose boot that NVDIA web drivers are indeed loaded. You can see it easily when it states NVDA Startup : Official (bad) instead of Web (good :P). Could also be a corrupted nvram issue with nvda_drv=1 boot-flag ignored.

Create small script to bypass installer checker, please improve

I made an Automator App to prompt the user to choose the webdrivers install package and also confirmed that everything's worked. No need to use the terminal anymore and no more "Unix skills" required :D !

One minor drawback though, the resulting patched installer is in the User folder where I think it should be placed somewhere else (i.e. Desktop or custom ?). Any idea to "fix" this ?

Please test and report :D !

Nvidia_Installer_AutoPacher.zip

• Like 1

Could be. Actually, if your OS build number matches the one from NVDAStartup.kext, it won't change anything. Your problem would be elsewhere...

Good news - I got it working. The issue was that I was using a VGA cable with an adapter to dvi instead of an HDMI cable. Once I plugged an HDMI cable into my monitor and video card, everything booted up flawlessly and I have had no problems thus far. 

• Like 1

Weird. Check with sudo dmesg or during verbose boot that NVDIA web drivers are indeed loaded. You can see it easily when it states NVDA Startup : Official (bad) instead of Web (good :P). Could also be a corrupted nvram issue with nvda_drv=1 boot-flag ignored.

This is dmesg: 

IOGraphics flags 0x43
NVDAStartup: Official (forced)
BTFirmwareUploader :: Successfully patched the firmware.
NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered

Nvram:

macosx:~ marmotta$ nvram -p
boot-gamma	r%04%00%00%ff%00%00%00~PP%93%aa%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%0c%00%c0%00%f9%03@%02%b5%08A%07%16%14C%0e%8c %c5%17%e1.H"%e4<%cb.%0bL%cf=%c4\SN%ddm%1cq%d7%8ef%9ae%b2%b2%c9%e9%d7%0c%00%c0%00%f9%03@%02%b5%08A%07%16%14C%0e%8c %c5%17%e1.H"%e4<%cb.%0bL%cf=%c4\SN%ddm%1cq%d7%8ef%9ae%b2%b2%c9%e9%d7%0c%00%c0%00%f9%03@%02%b5%08A%07%16%14C%0e%8c %c5%17%e1.H"%e4<%cb.%0bL%cf=%c4\SN%ddm%1cq%d7%8ef%9ae%b2%b2%c9%e9%d7%ac%10%00%00%17%f0%00%00LLV1%aa%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%0c%00%c0%00%f9%03@%02%b5%08A%07%16%14C%0e%8c %c5%17%e1.H"%e4<%cb.%0bL%cf=%c4\SN%ddm%1cq%d7%8ef%9ae%b2%b2%c9%e9%d7%0c%00%c0%00%f9%03@%02%b5%08A%07%16%14C%0e%8c %c5%17%e1.H"%e4<%cb.%0bL%cf=%c4\SN%ddm%1cq%d7%8ef%9ae%b2%b2%c9%e9%d7%0c%00%c0%00%f9%03@%02%b5%08A%07%16%14C%0e%8c %c5%17%e1.H"%e4<%cb.%0bL%cf=%c4\SN%ddm%1cq%d7%8ef%9ae%b2%b2%c9%e9%d7
fmm-computer-name	MacOSx
prev-lang:kbd	it:223
security-mode	none
bluetoothActiveControllerInfo	%cb%17%05%0b%00%00%00%13%14%1d\%f3pe%b6%df
Clover.Theme	mac
SystemAudioVolume	0
SystemAudioVolumeDB	%f0
bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior	always
boot-args	kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1

In Nvidia control panel Web Drivers is selected....

Well the point here seems to be "forced".

I already met this but I can't remember when and why it states that and how to solve it :unsure: ! Probably due to some double-boot-flag somewhere. But one thing is for sure, webdrivers aren't loaded at all !

Sorry, I have no answer on this :(

Edit : Are you using any DSDT or Clover injection like injectNvidia=true ? Could be something you should try to disable if so…